Basket Case

pasalaska

I can't find the link anymore but some music magazine made a list of the best drum fills of all time, with Tré's intro fill in Basket Case making it into the chart.

St. Jimmy and Platypus had damn well better be on that list too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me its the perfect song, i can listen to it over and over and over and over again, and never get bored! :D

One of my top 3 favorite Green Day songs. The speed of the song is great. I like how the drums all of a sudden enter.

This my favorite performance of the song.

St. Jimmy and Platypus had damn well better be on that list too.

Sadly no. But with the other artists they only really used the more well known songs. Trés drumming is just so consistently brilliant Basket Case never really stood out to be until reading that article.

It's not my favorite song, but it has a REALLY special place in my heart. It was the soundtrack of all my teenage years and it helped me to go through a really tough time in my life (having anxiety attacks, depression and all that shit). And the videoclip is just amazing, probably my favorite one.

In my opinion, it's Green Day's ultimate greatest hit.

Wow, Dookie's turning 18! The album's allowed to drink, smoke and gamble over here in Aus XD :yay:

Dookie was my first Green Day album when I turned 13 and I ALWAYS used to relate to Basket Case (and She) because I used to think (still do) that I was a freak of nature, because sometimes I used to, "give my self the creeps." :runaround:

Basket Case is one of the few songs at a concert that everyone can sing along to and could possibly be the song most people have heard by Green Day for the first time.

The song itself is awesome, but it is overplayed in my opinion. I don't listen to it that often anymore :)

This was the first song I heard of Green Day's. I absolutely love it, can relate to it and love listening to the many, many different versions of it, from the 90's all the way through to 2011 :)

I think Basket Case is one of their most overrated songs, and probably my least favorite on Dookie. I do like the video though.

The song that introduced me to Green Day. Also one of the first songs I remember recording on a tape and one of the first music videos I remember seeing. Can't help but love this song, even if I tend to sometimes skip it these days because I've heard it so damn many times.

Basket Case is so perfect! lyrics, music, video.. all are amazing. this is my favorite song of all time by any artist.

I've heard this song countless times..who hasn't?! It definately brings back my teenage years of the 90's. It's a classic, always will be!

I think it's hard to say why you like this song or not.... It's Basket Case... it's difficult to not like it. I think the reason I adore it is that everyone, regardless of whether they're a hardcore Green Day fan or not, has heard this song. At concerts, even the mom's at the back can sing along... I don't know, even though it's a song about losing your mind, it brings people into that moment of insanity and makes them sing along. Everyone's had a moment where they felt as if they were losing their mind, therefore everyone can relate.

Genius.

I just noticed the people in the music video are left gray. Looks strange with color all around them.

511536933.jpg?Expires=1328549356&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iXZzK1ozeCnVclA~wh4682cHOtaNwRd5oteAgYTSzASmcz8nbzcmHpNS~CbzhuPT34-LGP9ut6~sqoIkRQAS-UxhVdR2eKQZnCxIu7dgt4Zx-SKd3~iWqvQu~ZowTwudicU~FSn0Iy70Esl8XEWvqPpMLww4pO8TBZva4q-WAmk_

• 1 year later...

I love this song so much. It's my favorite song on Dookie (though Welcome to Paradise comes close) and it's my favorite Green Day song that isn't on American Idiot. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy then I listen to this and I feel not crazy. Such a good song.

Archived