Generally there are many different view points on the issue. The two most common approaches to climate change are the deniers and the activists.
Global Warming Denier:
- Does not believe Global Warming is happening.
- Believes scientists lied about the data in the IPCC report
- Some of these people believe that the warming we are experiencing is just the natural shifting of the Earth's climate.
- Does not want to give any funding for alternative fuel technology
- Believes implementing carbon emission or alternative fuel regulations will stifle business and cause a global economic disaster
- Usually opposes Cap and Trade
Global Warming Activist
- Believes that Global Warming is absolutely taking place.
- Believes that the data indicates that over the next century, the planet's average temperature will rise anywhere from 2 to 6.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Believe that we are experiencing climate change as a result of the added moisture in the air. We will go through a period of cooling and extreme heating, resulting in a net temperature increase.
- Most activists want to heavily fund alternative fuel technology.
- Most want to implement heavy carbon emission and greenhouse gas regulations that will not allow businesses to pollute our air.
- Usually either approve of Cap and Trade, or believe it is simply allowing businesses to profit from buying and selling Carbon Emission caps.
Have fun, kids!