Cigarettes and Valentines

MrsBillieJoe95

Can some one tell me how do we know that these songs we're on C&V, like where were they confirmed. And also in 2002, did fans hear anything about a new album and does anyone think any phone messages were related to this?

Djrossstar did a interview with Mike a few years ago and he asked Mike about the album and Mike said some titles one of em was Walk Away forget the others

So some think the Walk Away on Tre is the same as C&V which it could be or Billie just liked the name and reused the title and be a completely new song on Tre we'll never know until someone asks the group

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can some one tell me how do we know that these songs we're on C&V, like where were they confirmed. And also in 2002, did fans hear anything about a new album and does anyone think any phone messages were related to this?

C&V, Drop Out, and Walk Away were all mentioned in the interview between Mike and DJRosstar. Billie mentioned Too Much Too Soon being from it in a radio interview that seems to be lost at the moment. There's an article on GDA from a while ago but the link to the interview is dead. The Walk Away from C&V is not necessarily the Walk Away from the trilogy.

I think the general consensus on the phone messages is that we can't confirm where those songs are from, but it's worth considering that they may have been on the album.

C&V, Drop Out, and Walk Away were all mentioned in the interview between Mike and DJRosstar. Billie mentioned Too Much Too Soon being from it in a radio interview that seems to be lost at the moment. There's an article on GDA from a while ago but the link to the interview is dead. The Walk Away from C&V is not necessarily the Walk Away from the trilogy.

I think the general consensus on the phone messages is that we can't confirm where those songs are from, but it's worth considering that they may have been on the album.

thank u. do you think you could post links?

It was supposed to be on Warning, so it may have gotten bumped back to C&V, and then back to AI

Woah, weird. The band has said this?

Woah, weird. The band has said this?

No, "Clusterbomb" was on a tracklist for Warning that is seen in the Warning alt. music video, and "Clusterbomb" was also seen in Letterbomb's spot on an American Idiot tracklist. So it's safe to say that Clusterbomb=Letterbomb

No, "Clusterbomb" was on a tracklist for Warning that is seen in the Warning alt. music video, and "Clusterbomb" was also seen in Letterbomb's spot on an American Idiot tracklist. So it's safe to say that Clusterbomb=Letterbomb

How could Letterbomb have been on Warning? It would sound completely out of place on any other album than AI or 21CB.

How could Letterbomb have been on Warning? It would sound completely out of place on any other album than AI or 21CB.

Well, It's not on there, and we haven't heard the original version, so who knows? Maybe it was acoustic or slowed down.

and Sleepyhead. How can one listen to most of the ai and 21st bsides and not conclude they're from the sessions, there's a missing link in the band's evolution from warning to ai and that's cigarettes and valentines. You can tell in his voice. It doesn't sound like it does on ai or 21st

That makes sense, but I don't know. It's really hard to imagine a song that would even be close to Letterbomb being on Warning. I feel like the only connection is maybe Billie liked the title.

I smoke cigarettes., and give valentines to my girlfriend.

Everywhere I fucking go you seem to be there if u wanna be a idiot go somewhere else

Also, a lot of people are just assuming that Olivia was on C&V, but remember, we have absolutely no confirmation or even evidence really that it ever existed before 2010. It could be from any era.

and Sleepyhead. How can one listen to most of the ai and 21st bsides and not conclude they're from the sessions, there's a missing link in the band's evolution from warning to ai and that's cigarettes and valentines. You can tell in his voice. It doesn't sound like it does on ai or 21st

Now, where did Sleepyhead come from? I assumed it was from Warning, but I don't think it's on that Warning tracklist.

yeah i always thought some of the b-sides sounded off. Maybe I fought the law was from it or something. or shoplifter. idk like how those were released because i didnt follow green day back in 2004 so were they just random singles or released to promote AI?

Now, where did Sleepyhead come from? I assumed it was from Warning, but I don't think it's on that Warning tracklist.

the djrosstar interview

Wow, that's SO fucking cool. I'm getting pretty sick of your sarcastic posts. Your posts are not funny at all. I don't know what you think you're trying to do.

Confirmed tracks were

Cigarettes & Valentines

Drop Out

Walk Away

Too Much Too Soon

It was supposed to be on Warning, so it may have gotten bumped back to C&V, and then back to AI

Wow, I didn't know Letterbomb was supposed to be on Warning! you learn something new everyday :P

does Misery sound anything like the rest of Warning? hahahah there are so many songs in Green Day albums that sound so out of place...like Good Riddance, I remember listening to Nimrod and thinking it was strange addition to the album, even Take Back seemed to fit in better.

does Misery sound anything like the rest of Warning? hahahah there are so many songs in Green Day albums that sound so out of place...like Good Riddance, I remember listening to Nimrod and thinking it was strange addition to the album, even Take Back seemed to fit in better.

Like No One Knows on Kerplunk. That doesn't fit with the rest, and Westbound Sign is way too soft for Insomniac. It should have been on Nimrod

Like No One Knows on Kerplunk. That doesn't fit with the rest, and Westbound Sign is way too soft for Insomniac. It should have been on Nimrod

- Rest on 1039/SOSH

- Dominated Love Slave on Kerplunk :P

- Most of Nimrod is pretty eclectic

- Macy's Day Parade on Warning

- Amy on Dos

- Rest on 1039/SOSH

- Amy on Dos

Like Peacemaker on 21st CBD, Like Nightlife on ¡DOS!, like Sweet 16 on ¡UNO!?

- Rest on 1039/SOSH

- Amy on Dos

I'm pretty pissed- Amy turned out like crap. It's not a beautiful solo acoustic ballad like it was made out to be

Just because the songs sound a little different doesn't mean they don't fit on the album. Those examples are pretty poor, almost all of those songs despite sounding a bit different fit on their albums.

Also Misery doesn't sound like anything GD has done but fits perfectly on Warning. Letterbomb just wouldn't fit on Warning. The style, the lyrics, everything. I guess you could change it around totally but then it wouldn't even be the same song. There is definitely a reason "Clusterbomb" was never put on Warning.

Like Peacemaker on 21st CBD, Like Nightlife on ¡DOS!, like Sweet 16 on ¡UNO!?

And American Idiot and Dookie are just perfect albums. Hell, even All By Myself fits in there nicely

I'm pretty pissed- Amy turned out like crap. It's not a beautiful solo acoustic ballad like it was made out to be

And it rips off Shoplifter's vocal melody ("It's not considered stealing..." - "Amy don't you go...")

Just because the songs sound a little different doesn't mean they don't fit on the album. Those examples are pretty poor, almost all of those songs despite sounding a bit different fit on their albums.

Also Misery doesn't sound like anything GD has done but fits perfectly on Warning. Letterbomb just wouldn't fit on Warning. The style, the lyrics, everything. I guess you could change it around totally but then it wouldn't even be the same song. There is definitely a reason "Clusterbomb" was never put on Warning.

I never said they don't fit, I was just pointing out songs that don't sound like their track list kin.

And American Idiot and Dookie are just perfect albums. Hell, even All By Myself fits in there nicely

Just because it's a secret that's why that song is perfect

I never said they don't fit, I was just pointing out songs that don't sound like their track list kin.

Oh, right. I'll go back to lurking now. :lol:

Archived