Cigarettes and Valentines

MrsBillieJoe95

Also, I don't believe the group lied. They have nothing to gain from lieing about it unless it was a lie to the label itself. No leaks have surfaced because who ever leaked it would be in a hell of a lot of trouble and would be quickly found out.

Not nessicary a Neil Young album was stolen and got leaked back in the 80's the person responsible still has yet to be caught

All the 2Pac music no one knows who and that Nirvana song You Know Your Rights

So it's possible it could get leaked without ever being caught risky yes but a shot

But I don't believe it was stolen myself studios have gotten stricter in the last 15 years and since Mike has said they made back up on DAT tapes leads me believe they were recording on analog source either ADAT's or DA-88's which would be ALOT of tapes to take ADAT's are the same size as VHS tapes and one song alone can take up 3-4 tapes so 20 songs would not be easy to walk out if they were using Ocean Way Studio (where they did American Idiot) then they check everyone entering and exiting... i think they just didnt like the songs and rather say publicly "these songs were bad" they can just "they were stolen" if anyone is in Oakland check the police records (they are public records) if they were stolen the band and ESCP Warner (since they pay for the studio time) would've opened a police report on it...

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering say they did scrap it and just old everyone it was stolen...why would they do that instead of just saying "we're not happy with this we want to start fresh" ? Especially since they Wernt fully done with the album..

Not nessicary a Neil Young album was stolen and got leaked back in the 80's the person responsible still has yet to be caught

All the 2Pac music no one knows who and that Nirvana song You Know Your Rights

So it's possible it could get leaked without ever being caught risky yes but a shot

But I don't believe it was stolen myself studios have gotten stricter in the last 15 years and since Mike has said they made back up on DAT tapes leads me believe they were recording on analog source either ADAT's or DA-88's which would be ALOT of tapes to take ADAT's are the same size as VHS tapes and one song alone can take up 3-4 tapes so 20 songs would not be easy to walk out if they were using Ocean Way Studio (where they did American Idiot) then they check everyone entering and exiting... i think they just didnt like the songs and rather say publicly "these songs were bad" they can just "they were stolen" if anyone is in Oakland check the police records (they are public records) if they were stolen the band and ESCP Warner (since they pay for the studio time) would've opened a police report on it...

Ah but that was in the 80's, these days it could be tracked down much faster. That's my reasoning for why it hasn't leaked yet, it'd be silly to attempt it!

I do hope someone checks public records though.

Ah but that was in the 80's, these days it could be tracked down much faster. That's my reasoning for why it hasn't leaked yet, it'd be silly to attempt it!

I do hope someone checks public records though.

The Nirvana one was leaked in 01/02

Yeah if it was stolen and leaked could be tracked it's risky

Hopefully one of these days they'll release it

It could have been stolen and then lost. Maybe it was a mix up. Maybe it DID leak, just no one put it out under Green Day's name. We don't know!

Man, this has been really bothering me for some reason. I would really like to hear this album.

wouldn't it be awesome if green day reissued all of their studio albums on vinyl as a box set, included outtakes and unreleased demos of the respective albums and added c&v?

Would be awesome, yes.. But I would be super sad because I JUST finished my Green Day vinyl collection, would hate to have to spend a huge chunk of money to get a fancy box lol

I really want to hear a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines. I love the live version of it, but I have always wanted a studio version of it

I really want to hear a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines. I love the live version of it, but I have always wanted a studio version of it

The neat thing is, that their playing is SO tight, that the only difference between studio and live is that Billie's voice would sound better! and that there'd be no audience. but the instruments sound really good!

The Nirvana one was leaked in 01/02

Yeah if it was stolen and leaked could be tracked it's risky

Hopefully one of these days they'll release it

Weren't they putting together their greatest hits comp album then? It could've been done on purpose to get people excited/to buy the album or by one of the people looking through old tapes for songs to put on the album (because the Nirvana comp. had a new song on it, but idk what year it came out)

Weren't they putting together their greatest hits comp album then? It could've been done on purpose to get people excited/to buy the album or by one of the people looking through old tapes for songs to put on the album (because the Nirvana comp. had a new song on it, but idk what year it came out)

No it got leaked for a while before that the leak cause them to do the GH

Dave and Krist wanted it for the box set Courtney didnt want it so they sued each other then somehow the song was leaked on a promo cd to one of Dave's side project Dave says he didnt put it out Courtney then had lawuer send threatning letters to every radio and website hosting the song then all yhe sudden they mention a GH cd which came 7 months after the leak

I saw a documentary and it said that that album was separating Green Day it could be stolen but you can assume anything

I saw a documentary and it said that that album was separating Green Day it could be stolen but you can assume anything

what documentary?

H

Good point, it may have been. But we'll probably never know for sure unless Green Day confirms it.

That'd be cool but unreasonably expensive. I for one greatly dislike vinyl and would prefer this same pack in a commerative CD/Book set as an option instead.

well they just put out a studio albums boxset on cd and it would be lame to release another cd set right after.

well they just put out a studio albums boxset on cd and it would be lame to release another cd set right after.

No! that can be like the studio album box set for poor people, and then the next one can have every cd in a book including BiaB, AaF, Uno, Dos, Tre, Quatro, and C&V, Shenanigans All for $200

No! that can be like the studio album box set for poor people, and then the next one can have every cd in a book including BiaB, AaF, Uno, Dos, Tre, Quatro, and C&V, Shenanigans All for $200

My point exactly. That set was barebones. I want the CD/Book combo for every album now that I have the trilogies.

Does anyone have a tracklist, fake or not from the album? I gathered a handful from the internets:

1.Cigarettes and
Valentines

2.Walk Away

3.Olivia

4.Too Much, Too
Soon

5.Drop Out
are there anymore that people have heard rumored to be on the album?

Does anyone have a tracklist, fake or not from the album? I gathered a handful from the internets:

1.Cigarettes and

Valentines

2.Walk Away

3.Olivia

4.Too Much, Too

Soon

5.Drop Out

I don't think it is worth guessing which songs made the final cut. I mean all of those songs were probably recorded around that time but we have no idea if they made the final cut of the album.

The most interesting video I have seen about the the topic was an interview of Mike listing a few titles that made the final cut that I had never heard before which he said were just as good as the title track. However I can't remember the titles and it would be really difficult to find again :S

I think the interviewer also asked alot of questions about Kerplunk! and how they made all of the weird voices and toilet noises throughout the album, which I thought was cool.

If anybody has this interview I would be interested in seeing it again, thanks!

I don't think it is worth guessing which songs made the final cut. I mean all of those songs were probably recorded around that time but we have no idea if they made the final cut of the album.

The most interesting video I have seen about the the topic was an interview of Mike listing a few titles that made the final cut that I had never heard before which he said were just as good as the title track. However I can't remember the titles and it would be really difficult to find again :S

I think the interviewer also asked alot of questions about Kerplunk! and how they made all of the weird voices and toilet noises throughout the album, which I thought was cool.

If anybody has this interview I would be interested in seeing it again, thanks!

That's DJRossstar

1.Cigarettes and

Valentines

2.Walk Away

3.Olivia

4.Too Much, Too

Soon

5.Drop Out

They've said plenty of times they didn't have a tracklist, but I'd also say Letterbomb and Hearts Collide, because Letterbomb was supposed to be on Warning, and Hearts Collide just has that feel

That's DJRossstar

They've said plenty of times they didn't have a tracklist, but I'd also say Letterbomb and Hearts Collide, because Letterbomb was supposed to be on Warning, and Hearts Collide just has that feel

That's weird: Hearts Collide makes total sense, but I never got a Warning-like feel from Letterbomb. That always seemed like a song -- both music and lyrics -- that was written with the AI story arc in mind.

Not saying I don't believe it, but it does seem unusual.

another theory is that they had accidentally deleted it from the harddrive in the studio. Then they decided that it was not so good to redo it.

For the songs on it, the phone message song that eventually became Spike would be there.

Archived