Cigarettes and Valentines

MrsBillieJoe95

But what's the chance of a release now? I take the separate release of songs like Cigarettes and Valentines and Walk Away, and arguably all of the other speculative songs, as an indicator that this record can never be released in its entirely.

We still dont know if walk away from tre is the same as the one meant for C&V...

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still dont know if walk away from tre is the same as the one meant for C&V...

No, but that's still not the point. With two (maybe 3) of the tracks already released, It's hard to say if this'll come out in GD's lifetime. Makes me wonder if Billie has the back-up tapes on his ipod :lol:

I think cigarettes and valentines will come out 40 -50 years later when someone dies and it will be released like Micheal Jackson's "this is it" album. Album from the grave..

I think cigarettes and valentines will come out 40 -50 years later when someone dies and it will be released like Micheal Jackson's "this is it" album. Album from the grave..

Seeing how half of the album has already been released, I think the other songs will probably end up on Shenanigans: Part 2 within the next 15 years.

Seeing how half of the album has already been released, I think the other songs will probably end up on Shenanigans: Part 2 within the next 15 years.

Two of the songs are released. Three if we count Walk Away.

Yall motherfuckers seriously need to quit making shit up.

Two of the songs are released. Three if we count Walk Away.

Yall motherfuckers seriously need to quit making shit up.

Do those three (I count Walk Away) include Too Much Too Soon? Just wondering. 'Cause it's technically been released.

Do those three (I count Walk Away) include Too Much Too Soon? Just wondering. 'Cause it's technically been released.

Yes

How is 1 live song and 1 studio song half an album?

Cigs and Valentines and Too Much Too Soon are official official.

Walk Away is runner-up official.

Drop Out is official but we've never heard it and there's no evidence to say it's Brutal Love at all. If Billie told us a song was once called "Suicide" what song would you think it was? Lyrics don't mean a lot relative to names.

Drop Out is official but we've never heard it and there's no evidence to say it's Brutal Love at all. If Billie told us a song was once called "Suicide" what song would you think it was? Lyrics don't mean a lot relative to names.

Well Sally would obviously be "Suicide" lol

Well Sally would obviously be "Suicide" lol

Any of them could be Suicide, he's said that word a gazillion times. That was the point.

Any of them could be Suicide, he's said that word a gazillion times. That was the point.

Lol i know i was just making a joke

Lol i know i was just making a joke

I wonder if that was Drama Queen, or has that always had it name?

I wonder if that was Drama Queen, or has that always had it name?

Drama Queen was written for 21CBD. There's this article from a magazine where they talked about each track individually (there's also video I think) and Drama Queen is there in place of Murder City. EJN is also called March of the Dogs.

Finding it kind of annoying that the Trilogy has a bunch of discarded songs that weren't used for old albums. If they weren't good enough then, why are they good enough now?

You guys are also forgetting Haushinka was recorded before Dookie and didn't come out until Nimrod.

Does that mean it's a shitty reject track. Fuck no that song is one of the best songs. I wouldn't care if some songs were reworked b-sides or discarded songs once. What they are now is what's important.

Finding it kind of annoying that the Trilogy has a bunch of discarded songs that weren't used for old albums. If they weren't good enough then, why are they good enough now?

You'd be suprised at how many songs from bands have released songs on albums that have been held over

You'd be suprised at how many songs from bands have released songs on albums that have been held over

Yeah it isn't usually about whether its good enough. Usually if a song is strongly considered among dozens of others, it will show up on another record because it didn't fit quite as well on the previous release.

And yeah jinx/hausinka quite underrated. Jinx especially strong mixing of genres.

You guys are also forgetting Haushinka was recorded before Dookie and didn't come out until Nimrod.

Does that mean it's a shitty reject track. Fuck no that song is one of the best songs. I wouldn't care if some songs were reworked b-sides or discarded songs once. What they are now is what's important.

Haushinka was written before Dookie but it was recorded later for Nimrod

Haushinka was written before Dookie but it was recorded later for Nimrod

But it was recorded as well for Dookie

It is on the Dookie demo tapes

But it was recorded as well for Dookie

It is on the Dookie demo tapes

That still doesn't mean it was recorded for Dookie. It's not a recording from the studio.

Now, where did Sleepyhead come from? I assumed it was from Warning, but I don't think it's on that Warning tracklist.

Remember that alternate music video for Warning that shows Billie recording vocals for the song? There's a handwritten list of songs that pops up briefly in that video, showing titles like "Sleepyhead" and "Waste Away," among some others that eventually made the final Warning album. Wish I could find it.

Edit: Here we go. These stills are at about 1:20 of this video: http://youtu.be/xJJy7nARGyk?t=1m19s

8703673333_29e1681e8c.jpg

8704796858_81303beabf.jpg

[url= Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 8.24.33 AM

Well it was written in 1992. Wasn't recorded until the nimrod. sessions, though.

i think Cigarettes and Valentines actually Money Money 2020 Album. i read somewhere that actually they did record Money Money 2020 Album before American Idiot. but i forget that source :ermm:

Given that the Network album was released just under a year before American Idiot, you can probably bet safely that Money Money was recorded first.

Archived