Cigarettes and Valentines

MrsBillieJoe95

We don't know anything about the album one bit so let's not pretend we do and come up with these crazy theories.

We cannot just say "oh, Shoplifter and Too Much Too Soon were definitely on there" just because they "sound" like they would be or because they were released on a single before American Idiot was out.

I'm sorry but these theories just fill people's minds with a false sense of reality. We don't know anything about it. Probably won't for a while either.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know anything about the album one bit so let's not pretend we do and come up with these crazy theories.

We cannot just say "oh, Shoplifter and Too Much Too Soon were definitely on there" just because they "sound" like they would be or because they were released on a single before American Idiot was out.

I'm sorry but these theories just fill people's minds with a false sense of reality. We don't know anything about it. Probably won't for a while either.

Too Much Too Soon was confirmed to be on C&V. Shoplifter sounds a lot like warning, though.

Too Much Too Soon was confirmed to be on C&V. Shoplifter sounds a lot like warning, though.

Confirmed by who?

Confirmed by who?

Billie. The interview gets posted in like every C&V thread, it was probably even in this one.

Billie. The interview gets posted in like every C&V thread, it was probably even in this one.

Can someone post it again? I remember when I could search Cigarettes and Valentines on youtube and find a bunch of interviews. Now all that shows up when I search it are the live versions and shitty acoustic covers by ugly girls

Can someone post it again? I remember when I could search Cigarettes and Valentines on youtube and find a bunch of interviews. Now all that shows up when I search it are the live versions and shitty acoustic covers by ugly girls

That particular interview isn't on Youtube, I don't think. I always kick myself for not saving it when a new thread comes.

I'll go search thru other C&V threads and see if I can possibly find it :)

I'm willing to help as much as I can with making a real Cigarettes and Valentines bootleg album. However, I'd change the tracklist to this one (In no particular order):

Cigarettes and Valentines (This is 100% confirmed)

Too Much too Soon (This was confirmed to be a C&V song too)

Shoplifter (I'm not completely sure on this one, but it seems to fit)

Hearts Collide (Possibly a C&V song, but definately not for sure. It'd fit the overall style though, so why not)

Minnesota Girl (I can see this song being on C&V, being a continuation of Good Riddance and Macy's Day Parade)

Walk Away (Same name as the C&V song, most probably the same song)

Things I Heard Today (It's a shame the recording is in acoustic, I'm pretty sure this would've been an all-out punk song. Ah well, I'm pretty sure it belongs on the album)

Olivia (Yeah, pretty sure that this was on C&V)

Lights Out, I don't know about...

Things I heard today is ooooold!! it wasnt recorded around CV time!!

How can we even talk about that album if we don't really know anything about it?

Maybe they reveal something about Walk Away etc in Cuatro, and that it was supposed to be on C&V? Who knows..

Oh, they also have a song "Gabriella" which were ment to be on either Uno, Dos, or Tre, maybe that one came from C&V? :)

How can we even talk about that album if we don't really know anything about it?

Because it's fun :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so i'm gonna be putting up a version of Green Day's Cigarettes and Valentines. Part Live Cuts, Part Studio, Part Reworking of the Demos. And here is the artwork i made for it. I've used for the front cover, a previously made cover but i have modified it; and for the back i used a picture from the Green Day Rhapsody Ad with the Reference to C&V.

cvfront.jpg

cvback.jpg

I used that artwork and put my "mix" of Cigarettes and Valentines on my phone, my tracklist was:

Cigarettes & Valentines

Too Much Too Soon

Favorite Son

Shoplifter

Governator

Lights Out

Walk Away

Hearts Collide

• 1 month later...

Okay what songs are we 100% sure are from Cigarettes and Valentines that have been released/heard?

• "Cigarettes and Valentines"
  • "Too Much Too Soon"
  • "Walk Away"
  • "Shoplifter"
  • "Olivia"

• "Cigarettes and Valentines"
  • "Too Much Too Soon"
  • "Walk Away"
  • "Shoplifter"
  • "Olivia"

We have no clue or confirmation that Walk Away on Tre is the same as the one in the C&V era

Same with Olivia

There's no confirmation Shoplifter was going to be on there either, everyone just says that because it sounds like Warning.

No, people say it because it came out between the Warning era and AI as a single.

The only ones we've heard that are 100% totally definitely fo' certain confirmed are Cigarettes and Valentines and Too Much Too Soon.

Why are you guys so sure that Letterbomb was supposed to be on C&V? Has anyone from the band ever said anything to indicate this? To me, it doesn't seem like it'd be at all.

I smoke cigarettes., and give valentines to my girlfriend.

Wow, that's SO fucking cool. I'm getting pretty sick of your sarcastic posts. Your posts are not funny at all. I don't know what you think you're trying to do.

Confirmed tracks were

Cigarettes & Valentines

Drop Out

Walk Away

Too Much Too Soon

Why are you guys so sure that Letterbomb was supposed to be on C&V? Has anyone from the band ever said anything to indicate this? To me, it doesn't seem like it'd be at all.

It was supposed to be on Warning, so it may have gotten bumped back to C&V, and then back to AI

we have gotten (according to wikipedia) the following songs from Cigarettes and Valentines; Cigarettes and Valentines, Olivia, Too Much Too Soon, Walk Away. I think that definitely some trilogy songs we're from C&V, especially some stuff from Tre becasue it sounds more like Warning

wikipedia also says some other interesting stuff about it. I would take everything with a grain of salt, but still good reading material :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarettes_and_Valentines

We have no clue or confirmation that Walk Away on Tre is the same as the one in the C&V era

Same with Olivia

Wow, that's SO fucking cool. I'm getting pretty sick of your sarcastic posts. Your posts are not funny at all. I don't know what you think you're trying to do.

Confirmed tracks were

Cigarettes & Valentines

Drop Out

Walk Away

Too Much Too Soon

It was supposed to be on Warning, so it may have gotten bumped back to C&V, and then back to AI

Can some one tell me how do we know that these songs we're on C&V, like where were they confirmed. And also in 2002, did fans hear anything about a new album and does anyone think any phone messages were related to this?

I smoke cigarettes., and give valentines to my girlfriend.

I wish I was as cool as you.

Archived