Cigarettes and Valentines

MrsBillieJoe95

Going back to a really early post about Minnesota Girl, this is a real struggle to remember, but im sure i heard that song in the middle of the Warning release tour, so i always thought it was an track that never made the cut.

Funnily enough, when Billie was using twitter i sent him many tweets asking whether it would ever be a proper recorded song

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to a really early post about Minnesota Girl, this is a real struggle to remember, but im sure i heard that song in the middle of the Warning release tour, so i always thought it was an track that never made the cut.

Funnily enough, when Billie was using twitter i sent him many tweets asking whether it would ever be a proper recorded song

Heh, I don't know, I wouldn't think of this as something they would ever have intended to release just because it is so personal (not that they couldn't release a personal song, especially since thye played it at shows and whatnot) and not really "Green Day" just Billie Joe.

Heh, I don't know, I wouldn't think of this as something they would ever have intended to release just because it is so personal (not that they couldn't release a personal song, especially since thye played it at shows and whatnot) and not really "Green Day" just Billie Joe.

Yeah its one of those songs i occasionally find myself singing and then curse there isnt a good recording of it. Its a good song, i loved how he ties it in with Good Riddance.

I say this every tour but i honestly considering going to a MN show just to see him play it, yet knowing my luck id travel across the atlantic and he decided against it that night.

Haha yeah, I wouldn't go from the UK to Minnesota just on the off chance he might sing an unreleased song XD. Sounds expensive.

Haha id make a trip holiday out of it, would be a ridiculous impulse thing, but hearing such a rarity live would be amazing

If Green Day breaks up and BJ puts out a solo album, THEN we get MG. The only problem is GD- They've said it a thousand times, and now a thousand one. They'll never part

If Green Day breaks up and BJ puts out a solo album, THEN we get MG. The only problem is GD- They've said it a thousand times, and now a thousand one. They'll never part

Sorry, I don't see the problem here ;).

I could see him doing a solo song or two for charity, yeah.

Well, Cigarettes and valentines will be the biigest secret in Green Day's career. They, and people related to the band, have said so many things about this album. We just have listened to 2 songs from that recording: Cigarettes and Valentines and Shoplifter.

I didn't know the "Walk away" thing.

Well, Cigarettes and valentines will be the biigest secret in Green Day's career. They, and people related to the band, have said so many things about this album. We just have listened to 2 songs from that recording: Cigarettes and Valentines and Shoplifter.

I didn't know the "Walk away" thing.

Honestly, we don't even know what songs were on it. Someone pointed out on an earlier page that Shoplifter still goes along with the AI storyline, so that might not be C&V.

If you look at the back of the AI+KYE singles, all of their b-sides are produced by Green Day and mixed by Chris Dugan. That is evidence suggesting they were from C&V, Cause if Lights Out and Hearts Collide were 21st Century Breakdown songs, they would be produced by Butch Vig, not Green Day. I don't believe Money Money 2020 had anything to do with C&V, but there are the 6 phone message songs that were posted around that time which could've been C&V demos

Yeah the phone messages are the most likely candidates... Because it also goes in line with the way he teases us now with all the new stuff.

There was most likely some pretty good songs on C&V, and they just wanted to perfect them before putting them out. I'm glad we finally got to hear the self titled song, though. I like it!

There was most likely some pretty good songs on C&V, and they just wanted to perfect them before putting them out. I'm glad we finally got to hear the self titled song, though. I like it!

I just really wanna hear Drop Out and Walk Away. If those are the first three that came to mind when Billie answered, then they have to be the three most interesting. And Walk Away had to be good, cause they are releasing it! I really hope they didn't change it too much. :-(

How does he tie MG in with Good Riddance?

Also, Too Much Too Soon is confirmed to be from C&V.

where is it confirmed?

I haven't been keeping up with this whole C&V thing. What's "MG"?

Minnesota Girl.

Drake, I think it meant that he played it while he was alone on the stage for Good Riddance.

I just really wanna hear Drop Out and Walk Away. If those are the first three that came to mind when Billie answered, then they have to be the three most interesting. And Walk Away had to be good, cause they are releasing it! I really hope they didn't change it too much. :-(

Walk Away ? Releasing ? What ??? o:

Wow Too Much Too Soon shits on most songs they've made since 21st Century Breakdown, the bar for "maximum Green Day" has really come down these last few years, just my opinion. The riff sounds a bit like Nuclear Family, the woah oh oh's like the same as Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol.

where is it confirmed?

Some radio interview. I didn't keep the link, but anytime I mention it someone comes around and posts it.

Now we wait.

Wow Too Much Too Soon shits on most songs they've made since 21st Century Breakdown, the bar for "maximum Green Day" has really come down these last few years, just my opinion. The riff sounds a bit like Nuclear Family, the woah oh oh's like the same as Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol.

How many songs have they made since 21st Century Breakdown, anyway?

30 or so

You're talking about the trilogy songs, then? Cause... Only about five of them have been released.

Anyway, I think Too Much Too Soon is good but I disagree.

Sorry, I'm including 21st century Breakdown, the 4 singles, live ones like Carpe Diem, Stay the Night, and then the ones Billie Joe played through his phone like Lady Cobra and Nightlife

Archived