Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Capital Punishment

Debate

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

captain peroxide

captain peroxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,448 rep

See, as of right now, serial rape and serial child molestation are not punishable by death. That, to me, is wrong.

Why? Why is it so important that they die, rather than rot in a building that they will never leave? What makes one so much better than the other?

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,646 rep

Why? Why is it so important that they die, rather than rot in a building that they will never leave? What makes one so much better than the other?

The satisfaction of knowing that there's one less evil, disgusting person taking oxygen away from the rest of us.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,258 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,310 rep

POPULAR

The satisfaction of knowing that there's one less evil, disgusting person taking oxygen away from the rest of us.

There's plenty of oxygen to go around.

Justice must act as a substitute for strong, personal emotions, not be a proxy to them. I agree with you, if someone harmed my loved ones, especially in a way or for reason that was deliberate or inexcusable, I would feel a strong desire to take their lives. Most people do. But that is why we have a system - it preserves order. If everyone settled their own vendettas on their own terms, everyone would be dead. And adding less humane means of death really does nothing but satisfy victims and families, but at what cost? Objectively, inflicting harm on a guilty person for the sake of inflicting harm achieves nothing.
  • captain peroxide, Dylan., Hermione and 4 others like this

VGLythia

VGLythia
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2011
  • 8 rep
I have extremely strong feelings against capital punishment.

Speaking from morality: Taking someone's life because they killed somebody to teach that killing is bad is the very definition of hypocrisy. It is a vicious cycle of violence that encourages the lowest of human emotions: revenge. It always speaks to me as if the government is supporting murder. The most common method of putting someone to death in America (lethal injection) is also not always painless. The drug-cocktail for the lethal injection does not even meet veterinary standards for putting animals down.

And from Vengeance: Life without parole is a hell of a lot worse than than the death penalty. When you kill someone, they are gone, and they no longer exist in this world where they have to deal with the choices they've made. The pain, the suffering, and they paying ends. Plus, death penalty cases cost more than life sentence cases. I don't enjoy knowing that people pay money to kill other human beings (even if they've killed someone else), sometimes unknowingly.

Speaking as a Christian (or, perhaps, as someone who believe in fate): It is not in our place to judge who deserves to live and who deserves to die. People will get what is coming to them, but we shouldn't be able to judge if they deserve their life.

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,890 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 904 rep
I am against the death penalty. Killing a person, because he killed someone doesn't make any sense to me. In my opinion it isn't something people from a civilized country would do.

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • legally retarded

• 10,121 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,073 rep
this is still pinned :o

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,188 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 9,803 rep

this is still pinned http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Not anymore :cool:

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • legally retarded

• 10,121 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,073 rep

Not anymore http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I love it when that happens.... gives me the sense that I have manipulative powers over you mods :shifty:

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,188 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 9,803 rep

I love it when that happens.... gives me the sense that I have manipulative powers over you mods http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Or so it would seem ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users