GDA 'Zine - for real!

greendaytone

Name that Zine   

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is awesome! Indeed an amazing idea.

To be honest, I'm not very fond of "Letterbomb" as the title. First of all, I don't like how it's just a song title taken right of the song. If it's a quote from some lyrics, sure, but a song title is not very creative, nor is it hard to come up with.

Also, this isn't a letter, but a zine.

I like "Letterbomb" way better than the Carpet Diet thing though, which have already got way to much attention.

...couldn't a wordplay be made out of "She's got her little book of conspiracies right in her hand"? I like those lyrics, and I think it could fit. Just a thought.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carpet Diet is being dropped! ;)

and what is replacing it?

This sounds so good I'm tempted to get my first copy llamanated ;)

Yay :dance:. I still like Letterbomb best :D. Having a different title each issue sounds cool too though.

I'm wracking my brains trying to think of some GD lyric that relates to a book, or magazine or anything relevant to this. Nothing popping up yet.

Great idea! So who's doing all the writing? Will you be solisitating from the forum for article contributions?

This is a great idea! :) I think Letterbomb as a title would be cool, and the cover is wonderful :D

I can't wait to read it, this is gonna be awesome :dance:

Words I might have...y'know? 8)

This sounds cool as a title!

Awesome idea, guys. 80 pages of material :woot: I can't wait for it to come out!

I actually think that's a wonderful idea and sentiment. While the content is undoubtedly about Green Day, this should definitely represet our community more than band, at least on something so visual and important as the cover.

The first thing I thought of is an awesome collage of pictures of GDC meet-ups from around the world that happened in 2011. But, we are submitting this to the publisher VERY soon (like, tomorrow) so there's so little time to make changes. However, I do feel something like the cover and name are important enough to find a way to make it happen.

I like the idea of having a sub heading. I'm one for the plain and simple things in life so I think "The Green Day Authority Zine" is a good name but you could have Carpet Diet as the first issue's sub heading. Seeing as alot of people dont like Carpet Diet and your in a rush to get the first issue out there is no need to over complicate things so you could use Letterbomb as the first sub heading (which I think is also a great name).

As for the cover, I agree with what was said about having something GDA/GDC related instead of a picture of Green Day. I dont really like the idea of having the pictures from meet ups as a cover. I have seen local zines use this as there cover and I didnt think it looked very well. I have no idea for a cover but you could hold a contest on GDC to design the cover of the zine, "what GDC means to me" or something like that and that way you will have a few choices for the cover and also the prize is that your design will feature on the cover of the zine. I know this is unrealistic for the first issue.

Also about the meet up pictures, you could have a section in each issue where people submit their pictures from meet ups and they will be featured in the zine.

Me likes! Also, even if it is obvious, Letterbomb sounds way too awesome like not to use it :lol:

Aw, shit, I feel totally out of the loop --- What's this whole 'carpet diet' thing?

Someone who couldn't pronounce 'carpe diem', I'm guessing ...?

Aw, shit, I feel totally out of the loop --- What's this whole 'carpet diet' thing?

Someone who couldn't pronounce 'carpe diem', I'm guessing ...?

As far as I know it was a typo that just went out of control

OMG that's awesome! :woot: I love fanzines

I'll definitely buy it

Well, if you can't use Green Day on the cover, I for one would be satisfied with a nice image of Andres on horse...you know, like conquistador style.

Andres as our fearless leader! Perfect!

This sounds so freaking cool!!! I can't wait to get a copy! :woot: Seriously though, this is awesome. I love how it'll be a way for us Green Day fans to keep up with each other. :happy:

I do have some questions, though. How often is this likely to come out, and will you guys ever need any other extra writers?

This is probably one of the coolest things ever....

For a name, I'd go with "Green Day Authority's Untitled Green Day Zine".

Bur for real, Letterbomb is perfect.

Archived