GDA 'Zine - for real!

greendaytone

Name that Zine   

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hm. I know a certain freelance journalist with two thumbs who would love to contribute to this.

Yeah! I'll make sure we keep in touch once we have plans for the next one. I think with more community involvement, this could be something really incredible. The first one is really good, but the more involvement the better.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's so amazing! :D I like Letterbomb as a title even if it is a little obvious, as for Carpet Diet I kind of agree that it doesn't really fit. Y'know gets my vote though. :)

The artwork is amazing, but like, this is our thing - let's see something that represents the community on the front page.

I agree.

Just added a poll.

We'll take your feedback into strong consideration since we can't come to a consensus ourselves, but we may or may not put the zine out with a different title depending on certain things...

I'm not sounding very convincing. Just vote!

And also keep in mind that "Carpet Diet" is a very forum-specific joke... we want everyone who likes Green Day to relate to our Zine.

Voted for Y'know.

Out of all the choices, it has the best balance of being unique, but relating to Green Day.

I really like this idea! :D I will order the magazine for sure. Looking forward to seeing how this will turn out, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

As for the title.. I don't know. Letterbomb is nice, but I don't think it's the "perfect" magazine title. I like Y'know. Just the "GDA Zine" is good too, maybe there could be a second title below that, a different one with each new issue. Something that's relevant at that time. There are so many possibilities for names, lyrics related or not. Like, maybe "The Lucky Star" or "The only way we know"..Y'know? :lol::P

Woooow! It's great!!

I think that the picture is awesome and the title.. very difficult ahah

So, Letterbomb is foregone.. but it's nice, in my opinion Mmh.. I think that for now it's well, in future you can also change him.. We need a great idea, it must be a special name.. special like the zine itself!

I like Letterbomb but it just makes sense to call it the GDA Zine. Otherwise it's unclear what it is.

I'm pretty sure "The GDA Zine" part is going to be a subtitle no matter what title we pick. The point is, we can either call it just that, or "Letterbomb - The GDA Zine."

Personally, I like Letterbomb or y'know. :D

I really can't wait for this to be out!! :blink:

I'm pretty sure "The GDA Zine" part is going to be a subtitle no matter what title we pick. The point is, we can either call it just that, or "Letterbomb - The GDA Zine."

Oh I see, hmm maybe Letterbomb would be better.

Letterbomb i think is the best title; it relates to green day and also kind of suggests the content of the magazine (punky,controversial, written by the fans so probably more honest and heartfelt)

makes sense to me.. :dance:

Well, the 'Zine has gone to print, so it's all academic now... :woot:

When do you think it will be ready so we can buy it? :P

When do you think it will be ready so we can buy it? :P

I should have them by Wednesday, so probably any time from then! Will talk to Andres about when to put it up on the site :)

Considering that I did a full length paper on Riot Grrrls and fanzines I would consider this idea pretty fucking groovey... So glad to hear fanzines are coming back.

I think this is an awesome idea :) I think that top GDC member tweets/posts (decided by the mods) should be included somewhere in there just for the fun of it :D

what all is planned on being featured in the zine at the moment? omg you should do random posters of the mods xDD

It does make a good drinking game as well :drinks:

lol my sister and I did this one day xD we watched a couple of interviews and did shots of powerade :lol: we went through a bottle each on a 5 minute video O.o

Archived