Eating at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe

charlatans&saints

hey everyone, so I'm hoping to vist Oakland, CA and the Bay Area sometime soon, and I was thinking about stoping at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. I was wondering if anyone here has actually eaten there, and what you thought about it. I'm wondering about things like the food, service, prices and wait time. I've been to the website but that wont tell me what people really think of the food, and if its worth the trip.

here's the link to the site if anyone is interested

http://iamrudy.com/

(I've searched around for a thread like this and I didnt find one really about actually going there)

thanks for the help

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is delicious, it's not pricey, service is excellent and we only had to wait once, and we got a table after maybe 10 minutes. I've not been to the new Oakland location but I'd assume it'd be much the same.

The best pancakes I've ever tasted, EVER, by a long-shot. I had the regular stack of three and almost couldn't finish because they were so filling.

We went about 4 days in a row and had the daily special each day, plus we also went for lunch and breakfast a few times. It was great every time.

When I was in Oakland last Summer, I went to Rudy´s. (I didn´t know that there was one in Oakland right next to the Fox Theatre so I was surprised and happy that I saw it :) ) It looked so great. The decoration was so cool! :happy: I wanted to eat there but there wasn´t enough time tho. :( A flyer from Rudy´s is now hanging in my room.

Rudys is quite delicious, and I wouldnt say that if it really wasnt. Prices are average for a restaurant. Expect anywhere from $7 to $20

The food is delicious, the service it wonderful, the decoration ist great and it's not very expensive :) They have wunderful sandwiches, by the way :D

In less than 6 months I'm going to eat in Rudy's as well :happy: So it's nice hearing all your opinions!

I went to both restaurants on my trip to the Bay Area in July. The food is delicious and they have really cheap PBR as well :happy:.

Totally worth it. It's got a great atmosphere (at least at the Emeryville one) and my dad and I enjoyed the food.

if prefer the Eville one, but it can get kinda busy. you don't have to wait that long tho.

I usually pay about $13 for a meal, average, i guess. you could easily pay more tho. worth it for the food.

Don't forget to tip also!! tips are important.

Its funny, I live in the goddamn Bay Area and havent been to see Green Day perform live yet. I havent see the musical, AND I havent been to the Cafe. What a disappointment I am :/ Anyways, I plan on going there, Im in San Francisco a lot so maybe I'll stop by Rudy's. Just another part of the Green Day experience, right? :) Anyways, thanks for posting this up!! Need to get info on how it is. :)

I'm going there next month. I checked out the menu and everything sounds really good.

Best coffee I had while I was in the states.

Best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life! And I buy pancakes anytime I go anywhere, I am a pancake king. Ask for videos of me eating pancakes at Rudy's, we have it.

HUUUUUGE portions. As with everywhere in America.

Buy the BLAT! or the Monster BLAT. and get a pancake on the side, because you can eat pancakes with everything! And the french toast! that shit was awesome.

We pretty much ate every meal there when we were in San Fran.

Keep an eye out for a picture of me in Mike's vest and my Mike tattoo on the pin up board at the emeryville cafe :D

I could ramble about that place for hours...

Its funny, I live in the goddamn Bay Area and havent been to see Green Day perform live yet. I havent see the musical, AND I havent been to the Cafe. What a disappointment I am :/ Anyways, I plan on going there, Im in San Francisco a lot so maybe I'll stop by Rudy's. Just another part of the Green Day experience, right? :) Anyways, thanks for posting this up!! Need to get info on how it is. :)

Don't worry I live in the bay area too and didnt go to Rudy's until a few months ago for my very first time. You also have the AI tour stop in san francisco too during the summer. That being said Rudy's is amazing good food and if you can you gotta have a Shaken Jessie. I really need to go again soon.

Oh and I didn't see green day live until 2009

Best coffee I had while I was in the states.

Best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life! And I buy pancakes anytime I go anywhere, I am a pancake king. Ask for videos of me eating pancakes at Rudy's, we have it.

HUUUUUGE portions. As with everywhere in America.

Buy the BLAT! or the Monster BLAT. and get a pancake on the side, because you can eat pancakes with everything! And the french toast! that shit was awesome.

We pretty much ate every meal there when we were in San Fran.

Keep an eye out for a picture of me in Mike's vest and my Mike tattoo on the pin up board at the emeryville cafe :D

I could ramble about that place for hours...

Oh man the french toast. ohhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan.

you gotta have a Shaken Jessie.

I second this. If you are underage and have an overage person with you, order a Shakin' Jesse and a chocolate milkshake and subtly swap them when the waitresses aren't looking so you can try it. SO GOOD.

Wow, I was thinking about going there too, so this is really good to read what everyone thought :)

Now I just have to get to Oakland somehow :ninja:

• 2 years later...

Now you can get their ale at the Oakland coliseum

Are you going to the A's vs. Twins game this weekend? Us too!

Rudy's Can't Fail Ale is now available in the West Side club at O.co Coliseum! Right next to the Brick Oven Pizza place. Mmm... pizza + beer.

Let's Go Oakland!

I live a few blocks away from the Oakland location, so Rudy's is a regular for me.

Good quality diner food, and great drinks. Delicious milk shakes too! You should go.

• 2 years later...

Ooh this thread is old, but I can say I've been here now! :D I went in Sept 2015, to the one in Emeryville. The décor is awesome, especially the bathroom area and along the walls next to the booths. I had the pancakes, they were awesome.

I'll be seeing them in Oakland in August; got this on my list of things to do while I'm there.

You know what, my stepmom took a trip to north california when I was a teenager and I can't remember how I told her the significance/existence of Rudy's, but she ended up stopping in there and getting me a t-shirt and surprised me when she got back. I still have it and still wear it :lol:

• 1 year later...

Awww! I was hoping to visit next year if I went to Cali! 

Archived