Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Eating at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

charlatans&saints

charlatans&saints
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined Nov 08, 2009
  • 165 rep
hey everyone, so I'm hoping to vist Oakland, CA and the Bay Area sometime soon, and I was thinking about stoping at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. I was wondering if anyone here has actually eaten there, and what you thought about it. I'm wondering about things like the food, service, prices and wait time. I've been to the website but that wont tell me what people really think of the food, and if its worth the trip.

here's the link to the site if anyone is interested
http://iamrudy.com/

(I've searched around for a thread like this and I didnt find one really about actually going there)

thanks for the help

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep
Everything is delicious, it's not pricey, service is excellent and we only had to wait once, and we got a table after maybe 10 minutes. I've not been to the new Oakland location but I'd assume it'd be much the same.

The best pancakes I've ever tasted, EVER, by a long-shot. I had the regular stack of three and almost couldn't finish because they were so filling.

We went about 4 days in a row and had the daily special each day, plus we also went for lunch and breakfast a few times. It was great every time.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,468 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,947 rep
ooh.

I might be going, too :)

Poprocks_and_Coke

Poprocks_and_Coke
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Joined Jan 20, 2011
  • 188 rep
When I was in Oakland last Summer, I went to Rudy´s. (I didn´t know that there was one in Oakland right next to the Fox Theatre so I was surprised and happy that I saw it :) ) It looked so great. The decoration was so cool! :happy: I wanted to eat there but there wasn´t enough time tho. :( A flyer from Rudy´s is now hanging in my room.

VanVan

VanVan
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2010
  • 163 rep
Rudys is quite delicious, and I wouldnt say that if it really wasnt. Prices are average for a restaurant. Expect anywhere from $7 to $20

SophiaAndTheAve.

SophiaAndTheAve.
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 64 rep
The food is delicious, the service it wonderful, the decoration ist great and it's not very expensive :) They have wunderful sandwiches, by the way :D

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Invisible Llama

• 6,099 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,486 rep
In less than 6 months I'm going to eat in Rudy's as well :happy: So it's nice hearing all your opinions!

agrizotti

agrizotti
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2010
  • 77 rep
I went to both restaurants on my trip to the Bay Area in July. The food is delicious and they have really cheap PBR as well :happy:.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,280 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,064 rep
Totally worth it. It's got a great atmosphere (at least at the Emeryville one) and my dad and I enjoyed the food.

Hanner

Hanner
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Joined Apr 07, 2009
  • 80 rep
if prefer the Eville one, but it can get kinda busy. you don't have to wait that long tho.
I usually pay about $13 for a meal, average, i guess. you could easily pay more tho. worth it for the food.

Don't forget to tip also!! tips are important.

VisionsofGreenDay115

VisionsofGreenDay115
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Joined Jan 04, 2012
  • 181 rep
Its funny, I live in the goddamn Bay Area and havent been to see Green Day perform live yet. I havent see the musical, AND I havent been to the Cafe. What a disappointment I am :/ Anyways, I plan on going there, Im in San Francisco a lot so maybe I'll stop by Rudy's. Just another part of the Green Day experience, right? :) Anyways, thanks for posting this up!! Need to get info on how it is. :)

AshliPunx

AshliPunx
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 148 rep
I'm going there next month. I checked out the menu and everything sounds really good.

Leisha-LUNA

Leisha-LUNA
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  • Joined Nov 03, 2005
  • 110 rep
Best coffee I had while I was in the states.
Best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life! And I buy pancakes anytime I go anywhere, I am a pancake king. Ask for videos of me eating pancakes at Rudy's, we have it.
HUUUUUGE portions. As with everywhere in America.
Buy the BLAT! or the Monster BLAT. and get a pancake on the side, because you can eat pancakes with everything! And the french toast! that shit was awesome.
We pretty much ate every meal there when we were in San Fran.
Keep an eye out for a picture of me in Mike's vest and my Mike tattoo on the pin up board at the emeryville cafe :D

I could ramble about that place for hours...

norcalgreendayfan

norcalgreendayfan
  • SAN JOSE BITCHES

• 14,657 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2009
  • 438 rep

Its funny, I live in the goddamn Bay Area and havent been to see Green Day perform live yet. I havent see the musical, AND I havent been to the Cafe. What a disappointment I am :/ Anyways, I plan on going there, Im in San Francisco a lot so maybe I'll stop by Rudy's. Just another part of the Green Day experience, right? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... Anyways, thanks for posting this up!! Need to get info on how it is. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Don't worry I live in the bay area too and didnt go to Rudy's until a few months ago for my very first time. You also have the AI tour stop in san francisco too during the summer. That being said Rudy's is amazing good food and if you can you gotta have a Shaken Jessie. I really need to go again soon.

Oh and I didn't see green day live until 2009

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep

Best coffee I had while I was in the states.
Best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life! And I buy pancakes anytime I go anywhere, I am a pancake king. Ask for videos of me eating pancakes at Rudy's, we have it.
HUUUUUGE portions. As with everywhere in America.
Buy the BLAT! or the Monster BLAT. and get a pancake on the side, because you can eat pancakes with everything! And the french toast! that shit was awesome.
We pretty much ate every meal there when we were in San Fran.
Keep an eye out for a picture of me in Mike's vest and my Mike tattoo on the pin up board at the emeryville cafe http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I could ramble about that place for hours...

Oh man the french toast. ohhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan.

you gotta have a Shaken Jessie.

I second this. If you are underage and have an overage person with you, order a Shakin' Jesse and a chocolate milkshake and subtly swap them when the waitresses aren't looking so you can try it. SO GOOD.

Advertising

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep
Wow, I was thinking about going there too, so this is really good to read what everyone thought :)

Now I just have to get to Oakland somehow :ninja:

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,333 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,280 rep

Now you can get their ale at the Oakland coliseum

Are you going to the A's vs. Twins game this weekend? Us too!

Rudy's Can't Fail Ale is now available in the West Side club at O.co Coliseum! Right next to the Brick Oven Pizza place. Mmm... pizza + beer.

Let's Go Oakland!

dirnt286

dirnt286
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined Apr 04, 2005
  • 106 rep

I live a few blocks away from the Oakland location, so Rudy's is a regular for me.

Good quality diner food, and great drinks. Delicious milk shakes too! You should go.

• Todd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users