Static Noise 54 - New Year's Special: 2011 In Review

greendaytone

Loved this! Did you guys remember by chance what Billie Joe said about saggy pants at the 1234 Go show? You left me hanging with that and I didn't know he had mentioned it!

Not yet, though i'm sure we will. Best place to check might be the thread for that show! Or perhaps the GDA recap. Will let you know if i come across it! ;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved this! Did you guys remember by chance what Billie Joe said about saggy pants at the 1234 Go show? You left me hanging with that and I didn't know he had mentioned it!

I was bored and had a look for it in the show thread:

This is why I love the randomness of living in the Bay Area. When I woke up this morning, I had no idea that I was going to be going to a Green Day show. Billie was just walking around talking to people. The show was fantastic, of course. It was so very hot in there. I was drenched with sweat. You could have wrung my shirt out with sweat. The poor guys were pouring with sweat. I was right up front on Mike's side. Billie Joe was wearing a Raiders shirt so when he was talking about Oakland, I yelled out, "Go Raiders!" He said something like, "Why did you have to bring up such a sore subject!" (For those that don't keep up with pro football, the Raiders lost a hard fought game in the last few seconds of the game this past Sunday.) He made a joke when someone said something and pretended he couldn't hear by saying, "I'm sorry, I can't hear you because I'm trying to put my luggage up!" He then said that the plane incident was ridiculous and tried to imitate one of the newscasters standing outside of The Gilman talking about the incident. They played most of the new songs that they played at the Tiki Bar. I don't know their names but I do remember Billie Joe came out to play "Amy" at the beginning of the encore. There was one brand new song that he played that he had just written and had to get someone to hold up the paper with the lyrics on it so he could sing it. Tre did "Dominated Love Slave". Paper Lanterns made me want to scream even louder. I will try to remember more and post when I do remember. Oh yeah, Billie Joe said that Mike changed the name of the band to Mike's Dirty Boys or something like that. I know it had Mike's Dirty and something in the name. I should remember because he said it several times but it is 2:00 AM and I am exhausted from the over heating that I did in the place. Another thing, they had the people on the list (Idiot Club winners) in one line and people not on the list in another line and told the other people that they didn't need to worry because the people that were inside the closed gates would get in. It sounds like the other people just showed up hoping to get in.

Also, a free show with free beer...Green Day knows how to throw a party! :)

Really enjoyed this episode of Static Noise, nice to hear everyone's favourite memories from the year. What I also liked was when Tony was talking about the party in NYC and his thoughts and reaction to seeing Billie there and all that was going on around him. It kind of shows that no matter how many Green Day experiences you have, they never get taken for granted! :)

Fantastic show :thumbsup: reminded me of the fantastic year we had in Green Day Land. And never fails to keep me laughing the whole time :lol:

This was such a great show! Loved going back to all the amazing memories of 2011 & gotta say was a great year. Hope that 2012 will be the same way or even better! Happy New Years everyone! :)

Just finished listening. Great show! This is the funniest one I've heard so far! So great to be taken back and remember all the awesomeness that happened this year last year. My personal higlights of the year was seeing the musical, seeing Green Day play the surprise show at St. James and meeting so many lovely GDC'ers. Hoping 2012 will be just as awesome! :D

:lol: :lol:

- Hilarious intro!

- The calculator made a comeback!

- Tony's attempts on an american accent!

- "Oh, and this was the year Awesome As Fuck came out"

The intro with Andres filling in swear words had me in tears :lol:

I didn't see that coming, and OMG, lol, I laughed so hard! :lol: I am almost caught up now...still have 30 mins to listen to. I sometimes sit and try to figure out the contest song thingys, and then I think to myself, 'Wait, that one was two weeks ago.' :dry: At least I catch up eventually! I really enjoy listening to you guys so much - your banter just makes me laugh. Keep 'em coming!

ok...i finally listened to it completely :happy: IT'S SO FUCKING AWESOME !!! ...and funny !! :lol: good job, guys !! :thumbsup:

Just returned from my new year holidays and.. such a fantastic episode was waiting for me!!! Ahh, i was so surprised you read my post :happy: Thank you, guys! It was funny! :lol:

i feel like 2011 was the year Billie figured out the internet, with the tweets and videos and whatnots.

I kept forgetting to post in here.

Nice podcast. I listened to it a week ago so I don't remember much from what I liked about it.

You guys have soothing voices, I fell asleep near the end (not because it was boring, I was really tired) and then I was like "I'm gonna sleep for a while" but there was a lot of noise around me so I needed something to block that out and the podcast started itself again and I found out that this podcast was a good noise to fall asleep to.

Archived