Static Noise 54 - New Year's Special: 2011 In Review

greendaytone

In our final episode of Static Noise for the year, we take a look at some of Green Day fans favorite moments from Green Day Land in 2011. It was one of the most fun shows we've done so far, and hopefully you'll enjoy it too. If you've never listened before, or have and thought "this is shit" - then i implore you to give this one a chance. If you enjoy it or it's still not your cup of tea, let us know! We love criticism ;)

We tried to involve as many people as possible who sent us their memories. If we missed you out this time, please keep sending us stuff for future episodes, we'll get there eventually!

Listen & Download

[podcast]ep54[/podcast]

Listen above or right click this link to save the mp3. Better yet, you can subscribe to the show in iTunes to get the latest episodes automatically when they're published.

Be a part of the show:

Follow us on our new twitter account @StaticNoiseGDA

Like the show on Facebook

Send us your thoughts, comments, feedback, suggestions or stories to be read on the show to staticnoise@greendayauthority.com.

Topics links:

More Than 20 million people like Green Day & false New Album Rumors

Wake Me Up When September Ends in MTV Brazil's pick of songs that illustrate events of 2011

Song of the Week: "Christmas Covers"

Scattered Memories: “Green Day”

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn!! I'm going out now and I'm not gonna be back soon... Well I guess I'll have to listen to this next year :lol:

Downloaded ( so glad my iTunes is working again in time) :woot:

If this is the funniest episode until now for you...then I'm scared to find out what have you done!!! :lol:

I've listened to a part of this...it's awesome !! ;) ...i just don't have so much time, so i'll listen to the rest...uhm...next year :lol:

My face did actually look like that for a lot of that, loved the intro :lol:. Nice entertaining recap of the year. I think these podcasts are really great, looking forward to more in 2012 :thumbsup:

"Shit, I just spilled my hot chocolate, I better use my clorox disinfecting wipes!"

"It's 14 years before tax."

:lol: You guys are awesome.

But, you guys forgot to mention the winners for the Guess the Song and the other Green Day quiz question. :(

But, you guys forgot to mention the winners for the Guess the Song and the other Green Day quiz question. :(

Oh yeah! I guessed the song too (although I did it really late). What was the answer?

We'll answer the guess the song winner and such next week.

Oh yeah, here are the final tallies on our fan cred.

Andres: -1

Tony: 0

Jimmy -1

Can't wait to listen this tomorrow. I have high expectations :P

love the show. and thanks for reading my email! That made my day when I heard it. :dance:

You read mine! :woot:

I have such a huge smile right now, that totally made my year . . . . :wub:

I'm a she btw . . .

very, very good podcast :)

You read mine! :woot:

I have such a huge smile right now, that totally made my year . . . . :wub:

I'm a she btw . . .

the american eye dot LOOOL

Whoop! Tony won with an outstanding score of 0! Good job! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah! I guessed the song too (although I did it really late). What was the answer?

I guessed Extraordinary Girl. :P What did you guess?

Whoop! Tony won with an outstanding score of 0! Good job! :thumbsup:

I guessed Extraordinary Girl. :P What did you guess?

Ooh I went with Jinx. Have to see which one of us was right (if either of us were :lol:)

Ooh I went with Jinx. Have to see which one of us was right (if either of us were :lol:)

:lol: Yeah, I wasn't sure about mine. Well, tell me when you find out the real answer!

After reading this thred im very excited to listen to this podcast. :) Im gonna have to wait till tomorrow though..

I loved reminiscing and listening to peoples' memories. I think the funniest part was when you went "oh yeah, and Awesome as Fuck came out this year".

Some of my highlights, which I didn't get a chance to send in

-seeing the musical front row this day last year & meeting my first GDCers

-the whole final AI weekend & meeting more GDCers

-Billie getting and actually using twitter. It just brightened my day to get a tweet from him, no matter what it was about. And there were some really great ones (like the factoids) for a while. I really hope he tweets again when the new album and touring cycle comes around. I love the interaction and getting his take on things. Kinda makes him part of the community!

-the GDATW video and BJ tweeting about it

-this video, another fine contribution from Mozzabillie - hours of entertainment & I love the song too

Loved this! Did you guys remember by chance what Billie Joe said about saggy pants at the 1234 Go show? You left me hanging with that and I didn't know he had mentioned it!

Archived