Billie Joe included in Revolver's 100 Greatest living artists

MrsBillieJoe95

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 59 is not bad I guess, but he should appear in the first 50! :P

Good for him, he's such a great artist. :happy:

I know what you mean. I was like :woot: when I saw that. I mean, more than used to seeing MCR/Gerard in any and all Kerrang countdowns, but wasn't sure if I'd see him in this one.

So happy.

I didn't even think about looking for him when I grabbed it lol. Billie, Mike and Tre were the ones I was concerned about xD There's a lot of people I would have taken off and replaced them with people who better deserve the spots.

Well, 59 is not bad I guess, but he should appear in the first 50! :P

Good for him, he's such a great artist. :happy:

they weren't in specific rankings :P they were just a list. the numbers were there just so i knew I got em all :)

they weren't in specific rankings :P they were just a list. the numbers were there just so i knew I got em all :)

Ahh... right. :lol:

I think it's best that way, with no "positions" and all that stuff.

Just glancing through the list I see Chester Bennington, Chad Kroeger and Taylor Momsen which makes Billie being on there somewhat less impressive. And I can't help but cringe whenever yet another article uses the "from singing about masturbation to...." line :lol:. He certainly is one of the 100 greatest living artists though so glad to see him on the list!

Just glancing through the list I see Chester Bennington, Chad Kroeger and Taylor Momsen which makes Billie being on there somewhat less impressive. And I can't help but cringe whenever yet another article uses the "from singing about masturbation to...." line :lol:. He certainly is one of the 100 greatest living artists though so glad to see him on the list!

I still think it's kinda impressive considering Revolver is more of a heavy metal/hard rock magazine. Green Day is def. rock, and they've had some stuff that I would consider kinda heavy for them, but I wouldn't put them under "hard rock" personally, so I think that makes it all the more impressive :) On the same note, that in a way makes it pretty impressive with some of the older musicians as well, like Pete Townshend! The Who weren't hard rock in any sense of the modern def., but it's still very understandable why he and others are on here considering they helped pave the road for modern musicians, such as Billie, Chad Kroeger, or anyone else on this list.

• 11 months later...

Glad to see a lot of the names on there. No Paul McCartney though? WTF mate?

That's fucking blasphemy!

Skrillex is higher than Billie? Wtf

I'm more shocked about the fact that not only is Taylor Momsem on the list at all, she's at number 22 and has beaten, as well as Billie Joe, the likes of Pete Townshend and Johnny Rotten. On what fucking basis? She's a spoilt, self important little poseur brat (she's been known to throw a tantrum or two) who thinks she's so 'rock 'n' roll'. Pfft, not after being on Gossip Girl, she ain't.

I'm more shocked about the fact that not only is Taylor Momsem on the list at all, she's at number 22 and has beaten, as well as Billie Joe, the likes of Pete Townshend and Johnny Rotten. On what fucking basis? She's a spoilt, self important little poseur brat (she's been known to throw a tantrum or two) who thinks she's so 'rock 'n' roll'. Pfft, not after being on Gossip Girl, she ain't.

That and what about Corey Taylor being number 3, he isn't of legendary status, they put slash below him, fucking Slash man!

That and what about Corey Taylor being number 3, he isn't of legendary status, they put slash below him, fucking Slash man!

Yeah, this list kinda sucks ass. Although I can see why Revolver, being a harder rock magazine as someone mentioned earlier, would put Corey Taylor at number three. I can't understand one little bit what they see Momsen.

As mentioned on the first page, it's just a list of names (it's not supposed to be ranked). It'd be total shit if that was the actual ranking.

it´s a shame that chester bennington is on the list...

that whole list is ridiculous. where is mark knopfler? mick jones? bob dylan?

but skrillex? ha!

the only one I'm really surprised about is Gerard, but happily surprised :wub::lol: I love MCR to death, but I was still kinda shocked to see him on the list, but only cause they still haven't really fully made their mark in the music industry to me. Not many people in the world would be able to say "omg YES! I LOVE MCR! i've seen them in concert 3 times now and own their full discography!" (heck, most would probably never be able to say they know anything outside of BP), unlike most people who are into Green Day. Most people who know Green Day generally don't just "hit it and quit it" haha.

I agree that it doesn't feel like they've really made their mark just yet, BUT I must beg to differ on the latter point as someone who not only owns everything they've ever done but has also seen them in concert a total of 10 times (would've been 13, but two of them were cancelled and I had to drop out of a third at the last minute), and I know I'm not the only one. In fairness, though, collecting their discography isn't really much of a feat, at present, since they only have 4 albums :P

I can't take this top 100 serious. I mean: Skrillex, Ronnie Radke?? C'mon that's bullshit. But yeah the top100 is based on some opinions.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm sorry, but i still don't understand how Marilyn Manson was ranked higher than Pete Townshend. I mean god damn, he inveted guitar feedback, the power cord, was the first person to smash his guitar onstage, created the rock opera (successfully multiple times), wrote some of the best anthems for one of the greatest rock bands ever (The Who; Baba Oreilly, Pinball Wizard, Won't Get Fooled Again, The Kids Are Alright, Who Are You), was the first person to use a synthesizer regularly as a melody in a song (in the album Who's Next), had movies made from his albums (Tommy, Quadrophenia), he's one of the most respected writers/guitarists from the 60's/70's/80's/90's/00's, and he's STILL performing today. I saw them last month and it was phenomenal. I mean the man even wrote an extremely well developed memoir as well. There are a lot of other people I could rant on about on why they should be on this list. Until then, my pretentious ass calls this list BS. BUT, Billie is rightly placed. ;)

Archived