Send us your fave GD moments of 2011 for the next Static Noise!

greendaytone

The announcement of the UK tour of the Musical.

The new songs.

The saggy pants xD

And the fact Mitch Clem drew tat flyer for the Texas show. THAT was awesome. I never even thought it was possible it could happen.

Oh! and, the violet dress. :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine's gotta be seeing St. Billie from the front row last January, the Times Talk that evening, and the GDC meetups. Best trip I've ever had to NYC.

I remember during the saggy pants thing my friend and I made and wore buttons that "WE SUPPORT SAGGY PANTS!". We lost them though. :sad:

My favourite GD moment of the year:

I never get sick of this!!

Perfect! I remember when that video surfaced, my wife and I both thought that BJ must have made a pact with the devil to get a dog that can sing on key. :lol:

there happened soo many awesome things this year, but my faves are probably the saggy pants, carpet diet and the secret shows !! when i heard that they're gonna play a secret show in Costa Mesa, i was just like this: :woot: ...so the first secret show was definately the best one, because of the surprise effect that they wanna play some shows in small venues and that they have new songs :) and then the live stream was also awesome !! i wasn't able to listen to all the songs live, but i did it afterwards and it made my skin crawl...also when Billie tweeted like every day - that was definately awesome !! ...oh and the release of Awesome As Fuck !! ...this year was just awesome !! :)

One of my favorite Green Day moments from this year was the release of Awesome As Fuck, and more importantly Cigarettes and Valentines from the Phoenix show (which I attended). Also the secret shows were really fun to hear about, especially the Halloween show in New York (I ended up stealing Billie's idea for my costume :P ). I also loved the Rocky and Billie videos and all of the stuff involved with the musical.

As far as highlights from the podcast this year, J'net's giant cosmo glass has to be one of my favorites :lol: . I don't remember if the whale mating calls were from this year, but if they were, I liked those too :happy: . Oh, and I can't forget the episode where Tony read my e-mail and couldn't figure out what gender I was and Mikey found me on facebook :) . And, last but not least, the occasional shooting of the studio audience and Steven's lovely voice were hilarious :D . Keep up the good work in 2012 guys!

Aah, my fave Green Day moment in 2011 was when I saw Billie's twitter reply to me. :happy: Then,Awesome as fuck and yeah I joined gdc this year so it's kinda my fave moment of the year,too. :lol:

I don't really have one particulqr favorite moment; but getting to know all these awesome GD fans around my area was the best thing ever :wub:

All of February, and especially the last 2 days of the broadway show. ESPECIALLY the final performance...Alysha Umphress calling my name second last, for the last lotto EVER, was just...perfection. Absolute perfection. Just so happened to be the same day I met Andres for the first time! That whole weekend was just...beautiful.

The Rogue definitely has to have a huge segment. My regards to those who chose not to go or didn't/couldn't make it out. Deepest, deepest regards. Because that was just...well. We certainly know how to party, don't we?

Finding out American Idiot Musical was going on tour and coming to AZ. Also when GD helped make Kyle's last wish come true before he passed away.

I know its been said a couple times before, but I'm going to say it again.

The live stream of the Red 7 show was one of the coolest thing EVER! Especially for everyone who couldn't actually go to one of the suprise shows. :)

i'd say the huge picture of billie in the new york times wearing the red dress

billiejoe1-blog480.jpg

or hearing some of the new songs (with hopes of a new album soon!!)

but my true personal highlight was seeing billie as st. jimmy in the musical

i LOVE that pic! i set it to a friend and she was all like "Who da (bleep) is that? Is that REALLY billie joe?" it was very funny!

Archived