Send us your fave GD moments of 2011 for the next Static Noise!

greendaytone

Hey everyone,

We're planning to record an end of year podcast this Friday, looking back at 2011 in Green Day Land. We'd love to hear your favo(u)rite Green Day/GDA/GDC moments and memories of the year, some of which we'll read out or play on the show.

We'd especially like some audio clips (try to keep them under a minute), but feel free to send them in writing too if you prefer. You can post them here, or send them to staticnoise@greendayauthority.com

We need your entries in by midnight on Thursday - any timezone.

Do it! ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favorite moment? The whole episode with Southwest Airlines and Billie's saggy pants. Enough said. :lol:

Edit: Oh, and the "Carpet Diet" thing :P

Mine is a tie between Billie Joe the Naked Cowboy and Billie Joe and the Purple Sparkley Dress.

When I saw videos of St. Billie for the first time. It was Homecoming and it was so awesome! :dance::wub:

i'd say the huge picture of billie in the new york times wearing the red dress

billiejoe1-blog480.jpg

or hearing some of the new songs (with hopes of a new album soon!!)

but my true personal highlight was seeing billie as st. jimmy in the musical

Staying up most of the night to watch the live updates of the last American Idiot show on Broadway.... and then the show/party afterwards!! :D

I couldn't be there in reality, but I'd be damned if I wasn't going to be their cyber-laly (new word!)

When GD played some new songs at their secret shows (which also were some great moments of 2011) let's hope it's material for the next record.

And i also liked it when Green Day "saved the day" at the Not So Silent Show (they're totally heroes) :D

my gd moment was when i got up to do karaoke at my church (after rudly forcing a guy friend of mine to also come up) and we did 'time of your life'! it was awesome! he said he reconized the song from (of all places) 'napoleon dynamight'. "Idiot!"

My favorite is the saggy pants. When I first heard I was happy Billie Joe stood up for himself, it was cool ^_^

I also liked seeing the pictures of Billie Joe the naked coyboy and him in sparkly dresses, which he seemed to have pulled off very nicely. :) And Mike's new hair.. XD

And seeing the pictures from his bday cake from the broadway peeps.

Mostly seeing vids of Billie Joe on broadway and all the Green Day secret show vidoes, hearing parts of their new songs <3

(Also seeing the picture of Adrienne and Billie in matching PJ's XD)

Memories oh memories.

Seeing Green Day interviewed live on Little Steven's Underground Garage!! I was constantly going back and forth from watching the interview to posting on GDC about every little thing they said ^.^

And, I also caught a bit of the live stream of their surprise show at the Red7. That was pretty awesome, too ;)

It's been a pretty cool year for Green Day events, but let's hope next year brings a new album and a new tour!

The Frustrators mini-tour! I honestly never thought they'd release more music, let alone do shows, let even more alone that I'd ever get to see them.

And having Billie, Adie and the musical cast coming to our party.

Also, on a personal level, having Billie recognise me and give me a hug was something more than special :happy:

1. All GREEN DAY secret shows and Billie Joe intriguing us in twitter about them)) and that show in Austin which was right on my b-day! Thank you for the live stream!!!

2. New songs "Carpe Diem" and "Stray Heart"

3. "My pants were unacceptable and so I missed my flight..." :lol:

4. Armstrongs family as a band))

Talking about fan-made staff it's Static Noise of course which I started to listen to this year. It's amazing!!! Surely it was wonderful evening with GDC Radio - thanks to greendaytone! and we finally made our video message to Green Day))

p.s. I'm happy you liked my pic, guys! I :wub: you!

Happy New Year! :dance:

My personal highlight? To be honest, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm like: This year was just awesome. :happy:

Probably seeing Awesome As Fuck for the first time. Probably hearing about the very first secret show.. and probably the Billie Joe - Rocky videos..

I really can't decide, but these must have been my favorite moments. :)

Oooh, that's such a nice idea!!

Probably, some of my favourite moments were all the weeks spent with a new tweet from Billie almost every day- with all that staff about the songs, his comments about the latest news, the pictures he posted, the Lady Gaga tweets... :lol:

And, apart from all the disappointement, the chaos, the lies...I wanna put GDATW as one of the best moments of this year...at least for me! It's because of that event that I met other real Green Day fans in my town, and seeing Billie and Adrienne tweeting about it...that's what make you proud of doing something to show your love for this band, as a fan :happy:

I enjoyed watching The American Idiot Musical (and st. Billie!!!) on youtube.

It's great for us who couldn't make it to the real live performances. :happy:

But actually still were able to follow and feel the emotions/tension in the musical from the people who made it to the shows!

Archived