Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

kim jong il dead

News

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

I doubt that North Korea's suddenly going to take a turn for the better just because their 'leader' croaked. Nope, those poor fuckers have a ways to go yet.

As long as their new leader keeps his chin up, they'll have a hard go of it.

captain peroxide

captain peroxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• 15,770 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,393 rep

POPULAR

As long as their new leader keeps his chin up, they'll have a hard go of it.

Posted Image

Which one?
  • gd_castaway08, Boston, Trotsky and 3 others like this

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep
have y'all seen the creepy videos of the mass mourning on Pyongyang's streets? They were expected, but they're still creepy.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

Which one?

I actually meant to write "chins up". Way to kill the pun, Ben.

And Alex, at least two of them.

mallorymaloney

mallorymaloney
  • I'm wearing my heart on a noose.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2006
  • 445 rep

have y'all seen the creepy videos of the mass mourning on Pyongyang's streets? They were expected, but they're still creepy.

That's what happens when the government promises you and your family extra food rations for making the biggest spectacle of yourself possible.

... Seriously, how has the world allowed North Korea to continue operating this way for so fucking long ...?

oda

oda
  • bitch tits

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • 1,377 rep

... Seriously, how has the world allowed North Korea to continue operating this way for so fucking long ...?

Cause they're scary and have nuclear weapons.

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • jane became insane

• 16,341 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,419 rep
and I will have to make a presentation for school about him next year. yep.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Tear down the wall!

• 17,462 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,907 rep
I don't understand how people can allow their country to get this way. Hell, just assassinate the guy, his family, and his close friends. Then you can start over. [/easier said than done]

xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005
  • 160 rep
My heart goes out to Khloe Jong Il and Kourtney Jong Il. They must be devastated.
  • Kayfabe and Tre's Busted Drumkit like this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,245 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,806 rep

this guy, apparently:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010...
Kim Jong Un

fat shit.

I MEAN-- LEADER!!!

I don't understand how people can allow their country to get this way. Hell, just assassinate the guy, his family, and his close friends. Then you can start over. [/easier said than done]

they don't know any better. they legit think this guy is god. why would you assassinate god?

Grem

Grem
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2011
  • 105 rep

The thing is that North Korea has absolutely no interaction with other countries, so Kim-Jong can basically brainwash people into thinking he's a god. Nobody in north korea would want to kill him.

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep

Think about it - what country would want to take in an entire population of refugees that knew nothing of how the world outside NK works? You'd have to re-educate them on pretty much everything. It'd be a massive burden, and the people would also struggle to cope. It's not that the world enjoys having NK there, but just how and where would you start. Added to that, there's no denying NK's military force could be seriously damaging if they were provoked.

The thing is that North Korea has absolutely no interaction with other countries, so Kim-Jong can basically brainwash people into thinking he's a god. Nobody in north korea would want to kill him.

Oh there's plenty of dissidents, but they have a very, very effective control strategy - basically if you defy or stand up to the government, they take three generations of your family into torture/labour/medical testing camps and kill you. Keeps people quiet.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

Think about it - what country would want to take in an entire population of refugees that knew nothing of how the world outside NK works? You'd have to re-educate them on pretty much everything. It'd be a massive burden, and the people would also struggle to cope. It's not that the world enjoys having NK there, but just how and where would you start. Added to that, there's no denying NK's military force could be seriously damaging if they were provoked.

It's not North Korea's military that the world is concerned about; it's China's.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,160 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,164 rep

It's not North Korea's military that the world is concerned about; it's China's.

The wikileaks affair showed China sees North Korea as a thorn in their side. In fact, if North Korea was ever so ballsy to strike against South Korea, and the USA along with S. Korea retaliated, I bet China would stand down rather than start World War 3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users