Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

US Defense Bill Would Allow for Indefinitely Detaining Citizens

News

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,097 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep

As I've said before, if everyone camped out to "occupy" various cities would show up on voting day, the political makeup of this country would be significantly different. It's one thing to get angry and protest. It's another to show up at the ballot box and voice that anger in the way that's heard loudest and most clearly by all; vote the incumbents out of office.

Er, well I'm not of age to vote, but obviously you know thar. :lol: I get what you're saying though. I, personally, think all politicians are lying, theiving, crooked scheisters, so I couldn't be arsed with voting even if I was of age.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,097 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
Update: this bill was signed by Obama, I believe, two nights ago. And right after, the war in Iraq was declared over and the troops from there are being sent home. Coincidence? I think not.

Dylan.

Dylan.
  • And Don't You Fucking Wear It Out

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Joined Sep 08, 2007
  • 574 rep

Update: this bill was signed by Obama, I believe, two nights ago. And right after, the war in Iraq was declared over and the troops from there are being sent home. Coincidence? I think not.

Somehow I doubt the Iraqi troops are being sent home from Iraq (on the night they were scheduled to since the Bush administration) simply for the purpose of indefinitely detaining U.S. citizens. In fact, if that is what happens, I would still chalk it up to a terrible coincidence.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,599 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,580 rep

They can't lock us all up.

No, but I think that when they start arresting people for voicing an opinion that's radically against what the government is doing, many will shut up because many will not want to run the risk to be one of the few to get locked up.

That is, if they would start locking people up for reasons like that. If, and I am not commenting on how likely I think it is that they will do that because I don't think I know enough about the American government to have an educated opinion. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users