Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rassling

- - - - - TV Show

• Please log in to reply
1432 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,448 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,769 rep

Liam. :P

OMG DUH. Silly me. So sorry, Liam. Guess it's been awhile since we've actually spoken one on one that I forgot your username. Forgive me.

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep

Since I don't actually watch and only learn from all of you -what are you going on about? :)

To add to what Liam said, basically everyone was convinced it was never going to happen, especially now he's well into his 50s. It's a crazy big deal in the WWE world.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

STING! :runaround::o

Oh my god. This was literally the only surprise WWE had left. I don't know what to do. This is insane.

Hmm yes I did read about this. Only question remaining is whether I can only be interested in a Sting that looks like this. Context and hype to be seen on tonights MMMMUNNEYNITE RAW! :D

Oh, but apparently there's big news coming out around the same time, so I will either be in a slightly pleased or really upset mood. Hrmm

Since I don't actually watch and only learn from all of you -what are you going on about? :)

*speaks over Liam*

Sting was generally considered the biggest wrestling star to never be in WWE (taking the Europe/NA-centric view of big stars) and so now he's finally made it here it's like, a big deal. But you really need to tell me about that Broadway rumour because I never actually heard that

Also, if this isn't you guys' favourite picture, you're lying

tumblr_n5fxd46sll1sg99p0o1_500.png

• lizziebix, 3's and Morrissey. like this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep

B3ONljjCQAAafr7.jpg

• 3's likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,448 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,769 rep

Hmm yes I did read about this. Only question remaining is whether I can only be interested in a Sting that looks like this. Context and hype to be seen on tonights MMMMUNNEYNITE RAW! :D

Oh, but apparently there's big news coming out around the same time, so I will either be in a slightly pleased or really upset mood. Hrmm

*speaks over Liam*

Sting was generally considered the biggest wrestling star to never be in WWE (taking the Europe/NA-centric view of big stars) and so now he's finally made it here it's like, a big deal. But you really need to tell me about that Broadway rumour because I never actually heard that

Also, if this isn't you guys' favourite picture, you're lying

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5920c8492c9a2...

Thanks Iolanda.

So the other rumor was that Sting was going to join his Broadway musical ala Billie Joe. But this is what he did instead!!

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

Thanks Iolanda.

So the other rumor was that Sting was going to join his Broadway musical ala Billie Joe. But this is what he did instead!!

Quick google search is telling me you were looking at the Sting on the left, and not the Sting on the right of that picture!

Is this meant to be a post because I don't see anything

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,448 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,769 rep
Yup totally not talking about the same Sting here. :lol:

I'll see myself out.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

Yup totally not talking about the same Sting here. :lol:

I'll see myself out.

Please don't! I actually gain this odd fascination of the non-fan perspective, it's way cool

• lizziebix likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,448 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,769 rep

Please don't! I actually gain this odd fascination of the non-fan perspective, it's way cool

Somehow I can't stay away.  It's like watching a train wreck but I like it.  :)

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep

Somehow I can't stay away.  It's like watching a train wreck but I like it.  :)

I wish it was still as good as it was 10-15 years ago. I still can't get over how much they've ruined the whole concept of TLC after how incredible the first two matches were, particularly the second.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

I wish it was still as good as it was 10-15 years ago. I still can't get over how much they've ruined the whole concept of TLC after how incredible the first two matches were, particularly the second.

I'm sorry but TLC IV >>> but nobody talks about it for some reason...

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep

I'm sorry but TLC IV >>> but nobody talks about it for some reason...

I've only seen IV once but I think III was better. Having Benoit in the mix was a strike of genius. See they were proper matches, none of this Miz vs Lawler shit.

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 942 rep

Bittersweet about the divas title change. One one hand, AJ is probably the best true wrestler/fighter in the division so I like her. But then, on the other, this opens it up for the Total Divas to compete. Normally, I couldn't care less about them, but there have been rumors that Paige will be joining the cast. And Paige = <3. And if I got to listen to her yell at other girls all day, well, I'd be OK with that.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

I've only seen IV once but I think III was better. Having Benoit in the mix was a strike of genius. See they were proper matches, none of this Miz vs Lawler shit.

I was fuckin wrong agh, I don't even think I've seen TLC IV. III is what I meant! :lol:

Bittersweet about the divas title change. One one hand, AJ is probably the best true wrestler/fighter in the division so I like her. But then, on the other, this opens it up for the Total Divas to compete. Normally, I couldn't care less about them, but there have been rumors that Paige will be joining the cast. And Paige = <3. And if I got to listen to her yell at other girls all day, well, I'd be OK with that.

But how do you not watch Total Divas

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep

I was fuckin wrong agh, I don't even think I've seen TLC IV. III is what I meant! :lol:

Oh yeah, III is awesome. It gets far too little praise because it was on Smackdown, and I hate the fact they had ads in the middle of it. I'd love to see the full cut.

As for IV it was very different but a disappointment. It was Kane vs Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs Christian & Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam. 

II is still the best though, it's just spot after spot and the bumps Jeff took were insane.

Advertising

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 942 rep

But how do you not watch Total Divas

If Paige is on there, I'll start! Honestly, if there was a 24-hour stream of her commenting on things stream of conscious, I would subscribe.

• 3's likes this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

Guys, you have to listen to the new AOW. I'm not even a huge podcast person and I get restless listening to them, but find like light cleaning to do or something because you have to take the hour forty five to listen. Cliff notes are not enough.

edit: You too, Marilyn.

• 3's likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,448 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,769 rep

Guys, you have to listen to the new AOW. I'm not even a huge podcast person and I get restless listening to them, but find like light cleaning to do or something because you have to take the hour forty five to listen. Cliff notes are not enough.

edit: You too, Marilyn.

Okay, but what's AOW and where do I find it to listen?  :)  (still trying to figure all this out!!)

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

Okay, but what's AOW and where do I find it to listen?  :)  (still trying to figure all this out!!)

You know, I've been trying to make this post for like two days and every time something came up. Weird...

ANYWAY, Art of Wrestling is Colt Cabana's podcast and he had his best buddy CM Punk on to talk about the circumstances of his leaving WWE. It's on Youtube here and part two should be coming like, tomorrow I believe? Anyway it's basically the workplace horror story thing except framed into the pro wrestler's experience. I'm planning on showing it to my mum when I see her next because I think she'll identify with a lot of the sentiment.

• lizziebix likes this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,626 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,876 rep
CM Punk has joined UFC :o

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

CM Punk has joined UFC :o

God is real.

• 3's and Morrissey. like this

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 299 rep

God is real.

From your OP in 2011, "Is CM Punk only over because he broke kayfabe that one time?" :P

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,646 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,156 rep

From your OP in 2011, "Is CM Punk only over because he broke kayfabe that one time?" :P

Jeez, thank you for that blast 2 the past. Trippy that this thread is 3yrs old. If you were genuinely asking though, the answer is no. He's over because he's brilliant on the mic and has good ring awareness, but overness doesn't magically translate into being good at MMA. Nor unfortunately does it translate into suddenly becoming good at MMA during

I mention all of this in Fight club but yeah, the signing is a farce. It only makes me happy because the so called MMA purists are now butthurt, and whatever outcome ends up happening -- whether that's Dana signing someone shit just so Punk doesn't get humiliated, or Punk actually getting humiliated -- is surefire entertainment. 

Actually, Punk's signed a multi fight deal so I think now is a better time than ever for you guys to hop on board the UFC bandwagon :P I'm actually really hoping they do sign a loser just so Punk can pull out the surprise win and go on an epic Sonnenlike heel run. Watch yourself Chris Weidman!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users