Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

Rassling

- - - - - TV Show

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,832 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep
I've come to realize over the last couple of days of kind of posting and following this thread, you all have a very different language you speak in here. I know the words are English but boy are they ever not.

Must slink off and out of here now because I DON'T UNDERSTAND most of what you're all talking about. :lol:

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

I've come to realize over the last couple of days of kind of posting and following this thread, you all have a very different language you speak in here. I know the words are English but boy are they ever not.

Must slink off and out of here now because I DON'T UNDERSTAND most of what you're all talking about. :lol:

It's not English Mar, don't worry! :P Literally, I handed in my extended project yesterday at school (on pro wrestling naturally) and I was told to put in a glossary before sending it to the exam board because my supervisor literally couldn't understand me at times. You get 90% of it just by watching for a few weeks I think.

Just seen this going around tumblr

Smiling ear to ear after watching this tbh - how could you not? 

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • "You bigot." - DookieLukie

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

This is ridiculous. The story of The Undertaker's concussion is currently the 5th top story internationally on the BBC News website.  :shok: 

1978773_10152389430268689_26631741500189

Lil B The Based God

Lil B The Based God
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 889 rep

RIP to the Ultimate Warrior.. absolutely shocked. 

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep
That was unexpected :( RIP.

Garfield

Garfield
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 242 rep

Holy shit. RIP.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,832 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep
So much news this week. Sorry to hear about Ultimate Warrior. RIP. (Only 54 too. Too young/too soon.)

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

I cannot believe the timing of this. Not even a full day after he addressed the live RAW crowd.

It's so stupid, but my initial reaction was like, he was waiting for this. As if whichever mystical earth-ruling entity is out there decided that he couldn't go before he made peace with the McMahons and properly said goodbye to wrestling. How absolutely chilling.

So much news this week. Sorry to hear about Ultimate Warrior. RIP. (Only 54 too. Too young/too soon.)

Wrestlers in general tbh. One day I feel like I'm going to wake up and it's going to be one of the guys I really care about... which is probably a silly, irrational fear but idk

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,832 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep

I cannot believe the timing of this. Not even a full day after he addressed the live RAW crowd.

It's so stupid, but my initial reaction was like, he was waiting for this. As if whichever mystical earth-ruling entity is out there decided that he couldn't go before he made peace with the McMahons and properly said goodbye to wrestling. How absolutely chilling.

Wrestlers in general tbh. One day I feel like I'm going to wake up and it's going to be one of the guys I really care about... which is probably a silly, irrational fear but idk

Not really silly. As we age so do they and sadly they do tend to die younger than most (as has been mentioned 'roids do terrible things to the body). And sadly that's the truth.

Has there been a determination as to actual cause of death yet?

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

Been there, with Benoit and Eddie. I'd seen them both perform twice in person, in 2003 and 2004, and when they died it was absolutely gutting. They were my favourites at the times of their respective deaths. 

Coincidentally, I saw Brock vs Undertaker at the second of those events too. It was a tag match; Undertaker & Kurt Angle vs Brock & Cena. 

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

Not really silly. As we age so do they and sadly they do tend to die younger than most (as has been mentioned 'roids do terrible things to the body). And sadly that's the truth.

Has there been a determination as to actual cause of death yet?

Yeah. And when it's not the heart it's the brain or the spine, there are so many things that can go wrong I feel like it eventually will sometime soon.

TMZ said someone saw him clutching his heart shortly before he went, and tbh heart condition was always my first bet too. 

Been there, with Benoit and Eddie. I'd seen them both perform twice in person, in 2003 and 2004, and when they died it was absolutely gutting. They were my favourites at the times of their respective deaths. 

Coincidentally, I saw Brock vs Undertaker at the second of those events too. It was a tag match; Undertaker & Kurt Angle vs Brock & Cena. 

When Eddie died I was still getting to grips with the idea of wrestling being stories, so I kept wondering "I wonder when Eddie Guerrero is gonna return" and it wasn't until a significant time later that I realised he would never. Benoit was similar in that I didn't react much during the fact because I had stopped watching, but retrospectively is one of those things that is so sad to think about. I remember ages ago I was in that 'youtube cycle' of keeping clicking on related videos, and I stumbled upon the clips they showed of everyone giving their thoughts on Benoit's death. This was done literal hours after they found out and I watched them and the amount of raw emotion in each clip was so jarring and frightening even.

And I remembered they aren't even the only ones. Umaga and Test died in their mid freaking thirties and that was general painkiller overdoses iirc. Even those little glimpses into wrestlers' lives you get via autobiographies and interviews etc, I just don't understand how they can stand it. There is so much suffering going on.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

When Eddie died I was still getting to grips with the idea of wrestling being stories, so I kept wondering "I wonder when Eddie Guerrero is gonna return" and it wasn't until a significant time later that I realised he would never. Benoit was similar in that I didn't react much during the fact because I had stopped watching, but retrospectively is one of those things that is so sad to think about. I remember ages ago I was in that 'youtube cycle' of keeping clicking on related videos, and I stumbled upon the clips they showed of everyone giving their thoughts on Benoit's death. This was done literal hours after they found out and I watched them and the amount of raw emotion in each clip was so jarring and frightening even.

And I remembered they aren't even the only ones. Umaga and Test died in their mid freaking thirties and that was general painkiller overdoses iirc. Even those little glimpses into wrestlers' lives you get via autobiographies and interviews etc, I just don't understand how they can stand it. There is so much suffering going on.

With Benoit and Eddie I knew they were real because, apart from the ongoing Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer resurrection storylines (which also included Booker T at one point), Vince wouldn't run a dead wrestler angle after Owen. I was only 7 when Owen died so I kind of picked up on that whole thing reasonably young. 

The Benoit tribute videos are just tragic, especially William Regal's. It's just heartbreaking, especially given that, knowing how close he was to the Benoit family, there's a suspicion that by the time he recorded his clip he already had some vague idea of what had really happened.

Test dying at 33 was just unbelievable too. It's crazy to think that Eddie was one of the older ones, at the age of 38. It's easy to forget that even British Bulldog was only 39. 

I've just been browsing the dead wrestlers list (because I'm morbid like that) and I had no idea Viscera or Mae Young had died. :(

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

With Benoit and Eddie I knew they were real because, apart from the ongoing Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer resurrection storylines (which also included Booker T at one point), Vince wouldn't run a dead wrestler angle after Owen. I was only 7 when Owen died so I kind of picked up on that whole thing reasonably young. 

The Benoit tribute videos are just tragic, especially William Regal's. It's just heartbreaking, especially given that, knowing how close he was to the Benoit family, there's a suspicion that by the time he recorded his clip he already had some vague idea of what had really happened.

Test dying at 33 was just unbelievable too. It's crazy to think that Eddie was one of the older ones, at the age of 38. It's easy to forget that even British Bulldog was only 39. 

I've just been browsing the dead wrestlers list (because I'm morbid like that) and I had no idea Viscera or Mae Young had died. :(

Oh yeah, both this year. Viscera was just a generally unhealthy guy so it was sad but not particularly a surprise. Mae Young was one of those that was almost, in a sick way, a relief. She is the first wrestler I have been around to hear have a timely death. Literally the first. Agh, she was so badass.

You've made me look that website up now too D; and even more morbidly, I've been sat here filling the blanks with guys that are nearly there or headed there fast.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

Oh yeah, both this year. Viscera was just a generally unhealthy guy so it was sad but not particularly a surprise. Mae Young was one of those that was almost, in a sick way, a relief. She is the first wrestler I have been around to hear have a timely death. Literally the first. Agh, she was so badass.

You've made me look that website up now too D; and even more morbidly, I've been sat here filling the blanks with guys that are nearly there or headed there fast.

Yeah, Viscera didn't really surprise me in that respect, it was just a bit of a shock to find out it'd actually happened. I even named my last band after him, haha. I see what you mean about Mae, it sounds bad to say it was a relief but I totally get it.

Dare I ask who is on that list?! I keep worrying Kurt's gonna go soon, he's so damn irresponsible and generally messed up, it'd be absolutely tragic given how talented he is. He's my all time favourite, and his match against Benoit at the 2003 Rumble is my favourite of all time, by far.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

Yeah, Viscera didn't really surprise me in that respect, it was just a bit of a shock to find out it'd actually happened. I even named my last band after him, haha. I see what you mean about Mae, it sounds bad to say it was a relief but I totally get it.

Dare I ask who is on that list?! I keep worrying Kurt's gonna go soon, he's so damn irresponsible and generally messed up, it'd be absolutely tragic given how talented he is. He's my all time favourite, and his match against Benoit at the 2003 Rumble is my favourite of all time, by far.

You know, I went to bed and completely forgot my entire train of thought from last night. Kurt is a really annoying case, though - he's messed up but hopefully not to that extent

In other news: professional "news reporter" Nancy Grace claims that Owen Hart's death was steroid related. I cannot even begin to fathom how people this stupid stay alive :lol:

Advertising

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

You know, I went to bed and completely forgot my entire train of thought from last night. Kurt is a really annoying case, though - he's messed up but hopefully not to that extent

In other news: professional "news reporter" Nancy Grace claims that Owen Hart's death was steroid related. I cannot even begin to fathom how people this stupid stay alive :lol:

Kurt just scares me. It honestly makes me uncomfortable to watch his matches in case he attempts another goddamn moonsault and kills himself. Seeing him go from looking healthy and seeming in control as far back as 2000 to what he is now is really sad.

:lol: Oh wow. Let me guess, the claim that he fell is a conspiracy because the footage has never been released? I still wonder how different WWE would be even now if he hadn't died.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

Kurt just scares me. It honestly makes me uncomfortable to watch his matches in case he attempts another goddamn moonsault and kills himself. Seeing him go from looking healthy and seeming in control as far back as 2000 to what he is now is really sad.

:lol: Oh wow. Let me guess, the claim that he fell is a conspiracy because the footage has never been released? I still wonder how different WWE would be even now if he hadn't died.

I don't even know, it didn't even seem that deep to me. tbh it looked like someone that didn't bother to do a lick of research, and just got a bunch of names to further her "ALL WRESTLERS ARE ROIDED UP FREAKS" agenda. The news stations fap non-stop to the idea of wrestling steroid deaths for some reason, and fair enough that is often a likely cause but it's nowhere near the majority they want to make it out to be. It's so incredibly lazy, but what can you do.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

Sorry to double post but new blog entry! I talk about the rumblings of the new era. Give it a skim and discuss it w/ me thank u :)

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 7,367 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,189 rep

I don't even know, it didn't even seem that deep to me. tbh it looked like someone that didn't bother to do a lick of research, and just got a bunch of names to further her "ALL WRESTLERS ARE ROIDED UP FREAKS" agenda. The news stations fap non-stop to the idea of wrestling steroid deaths for some reason, and fair enough that is often a likely cause but it's nowhere near the majority they want to make it out to be. It's so incredibly lazy, but what can you do.

Wow, that is unbelievably crappy. Oh dear. I know they like to pick up on these things and make a story of the whole steroid thing, but it doesn't exactly help their argument when they come out with things like that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users