Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rassling

- - - - - TV Show

• Please log in to reply
1384 replies to this topic

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

THIS HAD TO BE MADE OKAY.

This thread is for the discussion of RAW, Smackdown, NXT and Superstars, or TNA and ROH if you are so indy inclined.

So what do you think about the WWE currently huh? Is it time for Cena to turn heel already? Is Zack Ryder being pushed too hard. Is CM Punk only over because he broke kayfabe that one time?

I EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE :D

-Billiejoezee-

-Billiejoezee-
  • Billie Hoe Assthong

• 13,629 posts
  • Joined Jan 12, 2009
  • 1,567 rep
I only watch it when I'm over at my uncle's and my cousin is watching it.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep
Forgive me if I sound like a broken record, but Kelly Kelly is honestly terrible. At everything. It's one thing to have no wrestling ability, but she can't run the ropes. THE HELL.

I only watch it when I'm over at my uncle's and my cousin is watching it.

who's your favourite?

Joy of suburbia.

Joy of suburbia.
  • Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts
  • Joined Jul 24, 2008
  • 131 rep
I was obsessed with it from the ages 13-16 so I kinda know my shit
my nephew and I watch it over the phone since he lives in Virginia.
but, I'll be going over his house on Friday so we're gonna be watching Smackdown and shit and yeah.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

I was obsessed with it from the ages 13-16 so I kinda know my shit
my nephew and I watch it over the phone since he lives in Virginia.
but, I'll be going over his house on Friday so we're gonna be watching Smackdown and shit and yeah.

Friday? But Smackdown is live this week. In two and a half hours.

That's cute that you watch it over the phone, how old's your nephew?

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
I knew this would happen :p

But i currently think Dolph Ziggler is the best wrestler around, at this minute.

Joy of suburbia.

Joy of suburbia.
  • Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts
  • Joined Jul 24, 2008
  • 131 rep

Friday? But Smackdown is live this week. In two and a half hours.

That's cute that you watch it over the phone, how old's your nephew?

He's ten. But, I swear, he acts and looks like he's 12.
Oh snap! You're right. I forgot what day it was. I gotta call him.
We didn't watch it last week cause he was on punishment for riding his skateboard in the house after his mom said no like, 11 times.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

I knew this would happen http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

But i currently think Dolph Ziggler is the best wrestler around, at this minute.

:D

Dolph is way too good at his job. Did you catch Punk/Ziggler last RAW? i came.

He's ten. But, I swear, he acts and looks like he's 12.
Oh snap! You're right. I forgot what day it was. I gotta call him.
We didn't watch it last week cause he was on punishment for riding his skateboard in the house after his mom said no like, 11 times.

haha, I used to do that a lot when I was younger :p would play football too. Who is his favourite?

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,680 rep

I'm only here because of the Regulars Club.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

I'm only here because of the Regulars Club.

well go on, discuss the rasslings.

who's your favourite? do you prefer RAW or smackdown? etc etc etc

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,680 rep

well go on, discuss the rasslings.

who's your favourite? do you prefer RAW or smackdown? etc etc etc

Umm, I don't watch wrestling but I used to play-wrestle with my cousin when we were little? :unsure:

Only thing is, when we did it we had to take names from Spiderman to make him happy and he always made me be the Green Goblin. :angry

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

Umm, I don't watch wrestling but I used to play-wrestle with my cousin when we were little? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Only thing is, when we did it we had to take names from Spiderman to make him happy and he always made me be the Green Goblin. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

you should totes watch. I'll set the scene for you;

WWE champion: CM Punk
World Heavyweight Champion: Mark Henry (championship match tonight!)
United States Champion: Dolph Ziggler
Intercontinental Champion: Cody Rhodes
Tag Team Champions: lolwhocares
Diva's Champion: ^^

Couldn't comment on TNA or ROH because I don't watch.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,680 rep

you should totes watch. I'll set the scene for you;

WWE champion: CM Punk
World Heavyweight Champion: Mark Henry (championship match tonight!)
United States Champion: Dolph Ziggler
Intercontinental Champion: Cody Rhodes
Tag Team Champions: lolwhocares
Diva's Champion: ^^

Couldn't comment on TNA or ROH because I don't watch.

I think my step-brother's pretty into wrestling. Next time he watches it I'll sit down with him.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

I think my step-brother's pretty into wrestling. Next time he watches it I'll sit down with him.

good stuff!

TLC III is around the corner so I guess it's time to start thinking about the 'best of's of 2011. It's flown by so fast :'( That being said my expectations of next year and its road to Wrestlemania aren't so high. This year's was pretty good if I think about it, even if the actual show was supposedly lacklustre.

I also think Mark Henry is pretty talentless. Beneficiary of the best individual booking of this year and recent memory, but he's still pretty average. Passable on the mic. Crap in the ring. The only thing he has going for him is his look, which alongside his booking makes people dig him and how ~uberstrong he looks, especially ring wise.

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
SD! was weird last night, :mellow:

Advertising

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

SD! was weird last night, http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

it was christmassy. just let it go.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep
Long-ass review into the current state of the WWE which no one will read~~

The 'good old days'

In the longer stretches of time where one has to tolerate the WWE producing, well, utter shit, it causes you to wonder why the show is so insufferable. Why are the storylines so bad? Why is the roster so talentless? Upon pondering these, most will doubtless come to one whiny conclusion: I want the Attitude Era to come back.

Why is it that the bad times cause us to go back to the previous years like this? A large part of it, admittedly, is nostalgia goggles. But not all of it can be dismissed as such. Part of the reason the Attitude era was massively successful was because the roster was, on average, better. On the mic, in the ring, everything. And the reason for that is because WWE didn't have a stronghold on the entire wrestling industry like they do today. Back then, there was no FCW (shock!) and even no OVW (doubleshock!) Men and women looking to get into the WWE had to get trained, and where that would be was up to them. Most travelled the wrestling territories in continental America, but many others also travelled outside to places like Japan and Puerto Rico. All in the name of perfecting their craft. As a result of this you had a wealth of experiences and techniques in the WWE, with every individual made to go around and carve out their own signature styles.
This is in heavy opposition to today's WWE. FCW, WWE's "farm system", trains young wrestlers in preparation for the WWE, often straight out of wrestling school. One system, one style. It's not too bad in-ring wise, although much less 'exotic', there are many workers that take to the WWE style and completely master it. The real problem, and the crucial problem, is that it leads to total incompetence on the mic.
When you're in a territorial promotion and you want the bookers to remember you, you're going to want to do anything in your power to make you stand out. You could go the way of having an unforgettable gimmick (Sexton Hardcastle anyone?) or, you could cut a really great promo. Are you going to care if you make a fool out of yourself in front of seven people in a high school gym somewhere in Kansas that's sounds like it's named after a breakfast cereal? No. But you're going to try things, you're going to be creative, and you're going to know what works and what doesn't. Basically, you're going to learn how to work a mic. People today are seriously lacking this, to the point where most have to be scripted to the letter whenever they get to speak. And it shows, big time. The problem is, if the guys don't get off the script, they'll never get better. If they never get better they'll never get off the script. Vicious cycle much?

It is this utter lack of competition that, in a roundabout way, has actually ended up biting WWE in the ass. It's no coincidence that the so called "Best In The World" today, CM Punk, was one of the few men that actually chose to go around and ply his trade before going to the WWE. Previous time spentin TNA, as well as ROH and other indy promotions, means that he is one of the most experienced and gifted all-rounders today. If more people went this route, instead of the straight and easy "straight to FCW" way, I have no doubt the product quality we see in the WWE would increase significantly.

Next time I'm doing ego, and how it's ruined some of the (potentially) greatest storylines of the 21st Century.

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
Wow, good read.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep
:creep: Thanks

omg look I found a Randy Orton emote.
  • 3's likes this

chickin'pickin'

chickin'pickin'
  • (White man) In Hammersmith Palais

• 18,214 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2006
  • 322 rep
I miss seeing Stone cold give Vince the Stone cold stunner.

WWE is gash these days. Attitude era was where it's at.
  • Kayfabe likes this

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
The fact that they fall back on Cena and Orton a lot baffles me. When stars like Ziggler, Rhodes and Bryan should be treted as the next big stars for the next 5-7 years.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

The fact that they fall back on Cena and Orton a lot baffles me. When stars like Ziggler, Rhodes and Bryan should be treted as the next big stars for the next 5-7 years.

They've gotten better. CM Punk and Sheamus are there now. Back around April that was not the case at all. But yeah it still shows, like how we somehow went from CM Punk winning his first WWE title and making a statement, to Cena becoming champion again come Night of Champions? Falling right back into the 'status quo' that CM Punk attacked, and truthfully I think they do it because they're scared.

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep

They've gotten better. CM Punk and Sheamus are there now. Back around April that was not the case at all. But yeah it still shows, like how we somehow went from CM Punk winning his first WWE title and making a statement, to Cena becoming champion again come Night of Champions? Falling right back into the 'status quo' that CM Punk attacked, and truthfully I think they do it because they're scared.

And Cena in that reign won one 8 man tag, but didn't make the pin as he got zig-zag'ed, and then cut a promo about going to hell and then Del Rio laid Punk and Cena out, then he lost the title

:mellow:

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

And Cena in that reign won one 8 man tag, but didn't make the pin as he got zig-zag'ed, and then cut a promo about going to hell and then Del Rio laid Punk and Cena out, then he lost the title

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

GR8 REIGN HUH?

Del Rio's was worse. It slightly scared me how his first WWE championship reign exactly mirrored Edge's. Cash in briefcase, tap to Cena on the next PPV. Except Edge's was better cause he actually accomplished things. First cash in so people were actually shocked when it happened, he brought in 'teh raytingz~~', had hawt sex with Lita and, crucially, he actually defended his championship (against Ric Flair no less!) IMO you are not a real champion unless you retain at least once, and he did that. Del Rio did literally nothing.

I feel really, really bad for him to be honest. Booking has massacred him.

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
I think his push died when he came to RAW

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

I think his push died when he came to RAW

Exactly! Come to that, why in the hell did he have to move to RAW? Don't answer, we already know. WWE views a move to RAW as some sort of big promotion where their A players are, without realising that a lot of the time, moves like that do a lot more harm than good. A little thing, I know, but Del Rio's 'destiny' had to change from him becoming World Heavyweight Champion, to WWE Champion. Ever since he's been put on RAW there's been some "what do we do with this guy" stuff, then they just bounced him from pillar to post. Or, from Big Show to CM Punk to John Cena to CM Punk. His push didn't die, it's just that he's in that unfortunate circumstance where he's high on their priority list... just not above Cena, or CM Punk, or any of the guys he's faced. That's why they're willing to sacrifice his credibility at every turn, yet at the same time continually putting him in the title picture because "they want him to succeed". Notice Del Rio is a two time WWE champion, and he's tapped out to lose both of them. Don't think he's ever defended it either.

It's pretty funny actually, how WWE almost go out of their way to make sure Smackdown doesn't succeed, and they continually do better than the "A show", almost every time.

I miss Edge :'(

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
He's defended it successively twice, once against Rey Rey and in a LMS against Cena

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

He's defended it successively twice, once against Rey Rey and in a LMS against Cena

Oh yeah the last man standing! I don't even remember the Rey Mysterio match tbh. Is that where he 'took him out'?

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 286 rep
Yep, shame. I can see Punk v Ziggler at the Rumble, hmmm.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep
hmmm.

Dolph Ziggler is a special case. If that happens it'd be the second consecutive world title match he's having at the Royal Rumble. His ring skills were as good as they are now (minus the obvious improvement that one would go through during a year) but his mic skills are far, far better (thanks to Z!TLIS in part).

HOOWEVER (big however)

he's still not ready to be a main eventer. Which is odd. He's far better than the mid card in terms of talent, but he's not 'above' it yet at all, which is what's strange. Usually when one rises above in one aspect they automatically do in the other. But he hasn't.

BUTIFITHAPPENSIWILLMARKSOMUCH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users