Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
2609 replies to this topic

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Old School Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,410 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,486 rep

It'll be a good day when I'm sickened by all of the candy I currently eat, but also really sad because I just love it :(

In healthier food news I've just made roasted chickpeas with garlic powder and this other herb & parmesan seasoning we have. They turned out really well!

It's true that the more you force yourself to eat healthy food, the more you'll get disgusted by candy and things like that. I just went grocery shopping while STARVING and still felt grossed out by candy/chips/soda, and I'll chalk that up to my significantly healthier diet :D

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

It's true that the more you force yourself to eat healthy food, the more you'll get disgusted by candy and things like that. I just went grocery shopping while STARVING and still felt grossed out by candy/chips/soda, and I'll chalk that up to my significantly healthier diet :D

I'll get there eventually!

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Old School Hollywood

• 14,410 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,486 rep

I'll get there eventually!

Meanwhile, I hope you're very proud of all your progress so far :thumbsup:

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,328 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,278 rep

I've been saying it for months to try and persuade my friends to eat healthier but none of them believe me! I'm not trying to force them or anything, but my best friend is diabetic and her diet is appalling, and it really gets to me cause I seem to be more concerned about what it's doing to her than she is. It is slightly annoying when you're in the situation where you have to eat stuff like that though, and your body just does not want to :lol: 

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,226 rep

Every lunchtime I've been feasting on the beat of a tagine I cooked up on Sunday afternoon. really perfected the recipe for it now. Been having it with steamed veggies rather than couscous. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

Mindfuck, I just learned that coriander and cilantro are the same thing. 

I still hate it.

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 9,000 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,977 rep
Christ on a bike, why do smoothies have to have so much friggin sugar in them?! I got one earlier and it has 50g of sugar in only 450ml :mad: can't wait to have a blender or something and make my own. And also I'm confused because I know fruit has sugar in it naturally but I don't know if this 50g is added or not :/

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 31,085 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,907 rep

Yeah that thing about not craving candy or chips (either kind) or whatever seems not to apply to me :lol: I still really like all of that stuff, even if the really bad cravings have subsided by forcing myself to stick to a healthy regime. When I do get to eat it, I still enjoy the shit out of it :happy: The only thing I've started to dislike is processed meat like minced meat or hamburgers or something. They were never my favourites but now I just dislike it.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 15,489 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,185 rep

I find I've just lost my appetite for anything substantial. Not just unhealthy things but also any meat, bread, pasta, etc. The past few nights for dinner all I've been able to stand is rice with a little bit of sauce, like satay or soy. Things like rice, plain salad (no dressing or sauce), boiled vegetables, even lighter junk food like gummy bears, are all I have the appetite for. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

Christ on a bike, why do smoothies have to have so much friggin sugar in them?! I got one earlier and it has 50g of sugar in only 450ml :mad: can't wait to have a blender or something and make my own. And also I'm confused because I know fruit has sugar in it naturally but I don't know if this 50g is added or not :/

I wonder that too... like if it's something that's got a lot of sugar in it because there's a ton of real fruit, is it still bad?

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,847 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,468 rep
All I really want right now is battered King Prawn

Iva

Iva
  • "BUT R2D2 ejaculated at him!" - Tom

• 7,263 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,626 rep

I've never made risotto before and this was the first time moms made one in ages. So I couldn't tell you :lol: water I guess, like Jordan said!

Here are the steps, in correct order, with the terminology our teacher at the cooking classes used:

http://www.italyinsf.com/2008/08/06/risotto-secrets-the-six-steps-to-risotto-perfection/ 

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,843 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 3,109 rep

Today I made the most amazing salad for lunch! yum

Black beans, Quinoa & Rice (which wasn't in the original recipe, but since it was poor in carbs I cooked it along with the quinoa, so it's more filling this way) with orange vinaigrette.

I had always loved the taste of orange with black beans together, it's just a divinal combination. If you never had it I recommend to try this recipe out!

My pics didn't come out good, but it looked gorgeous (I absolutely love beautiful looking plates) so I'll just use the one from the original recipe (which is in portuguese)

feijao%20preto%20quinoa%20vinagrette%20d

Main ingredients :  

- Quinoa

- Rice

- Water

(I'm not putting the portions because it depends how many servings you want. I did 1/4 cup quinoa and 1/4 cup of Rice, this equals 2 servings)

- Olive oil

- Ground Cumin 

- black pepper

- 2 garlic cloves (minced)

- Cooked black beans (I used a can, very well rinsed)

- Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds (optional) 

- Fresh Tomato

- Red pepper

- Fresh Parsley (in the original recipe they say cilantro but I liked it with parsley!) 

- Onion (in the original recipe chive was used instead, but I didn't have it)

- Fresh orange juice 

So what you start by doing is to soak/wash the quinoa in water for a few minutes and rinse it. Do the same with the rice if needed. Then put it in a pan with double amount of water (cooking quinoa is the same as cooking rice so I just put added them together) add salt and let it boil until the water is gone, then turn the oven off (and cover it).

Now, use a saucepan with a bit of olive oil to quickly fry the minced garlic with some cumin (1 min is enough, make sure the garlic doesn't burn!). Add the black beans, rice & quinoa and mix the ingredients together. I added sunflower and pumpkin seeds here as well as a bit of black pepper. Turn the heat off when you feel like it xD (doesn't need more than a few minutes)

Now go cut the tomato (I added a bit of salt to it after cutting it to bits), onion, red pepper, parsley, and make the orange juice.

Pass everything on to a bowl and just mix all the ingredients together. Add olive oil to the orange juice and irrigate the mixture :D

You can eat it hot or cold however you prefer.

Enjoy the amazing flavors. SO GOOD and Vegan, full of protein, iron and a whole bunch of vitamins :D

• Maria Gloria likes this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,336 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,226 rep
I just picked up two free range organic grain-fed chicken for £5 from Tesco. Both 2kg. That's my lunches for the week sorted! :)

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

I just picked up two free range organic grain-fed chicken for £5 from Tesco. Both 2kg. That's my lunches for the week sorted! :)

Dear god I misread and thought you actually bought chickens

Advertising

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,336 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,226 rep

Dear god I misread and thought you actually bought chickens

Yeah just to clarify these ones are dead. :lol:

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

Yeah just to clarify these ones are dead. :lol:

Picturing that episode of Friends with the chick and the duck

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,831 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,021 rep

Made tacos last night.  Turkey meat, chorizo, guac, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and shells.  Set it all out like a buffet and we just added what we wanted - with or without the shells.  Was quite yummy and now we have leftovers I can take for lunch next week.  :)

• Iva and SaintJimmy13 like this

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,343 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,360 rep

Oh my god I went to IHOP for breakfast today and it was the best hangover food ever. So good. Wish I had eaten more. :lol:

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,831 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,021 rep

Oh my god I went to IHOP for breakfast today and it was the best hangover food ever. So good. Wish I had eaten more. :lol:

Love IHOP. What did you have?

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,343 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,360 rep

Love IHOP. What did you have?

Crepe combo. Banana & hazelnut crepes with hashbrowns, bacon strips, and scrambled eggs on the side. Yummmm. :D

• lizziebix likes this

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 12,009 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 833 rep
Mmmm love IHOP. I always get blueberry stuffed french toast combo with sausage and hashbrowns and sunny side up eggs and toast. Now I'm hungry :(

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,831 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,021 rep
Yum to both of those. I always get the chicken florentine crepes without the hollandaise sauce. Well maybe not always because I love the fancy french toasts they offer with eggs, hash browns and bacon. Always (again with the always, Mar?!) have a hard time deciding. :lol:

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 9,000 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,977 rep

Here are the steps, in correct order, with the terminology our teacher at the cooking classes used:
http://www.italyinsf.com/2008/08/06/risotto-secrets-the-six-steps-to-risotto-perfection/ 

Thanks Iva :happy: nothing like a good risotto mmmmm, definitely something I've to learn to do properly!
  • Iva likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep

I don't think we have IHOP here :( The thought of it being humanly possible to eat that much food makes me feel ill (but I'm sure I'll be able to someday)

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 23,831 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,021 rep

I don't think we have IHOP here :( The thought of it being humanly possible to eat that much food makes me feel ill (but I'm sure I'll be able to someday)

They have small portions too and you can just order what you like. You'd like the sweet french toast options for sure.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Product of War and Fear that We've Been Victimised

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,370 rep

BBQ sauce is glorious.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Old School Hollywood

• 14,410 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,486 rep

I got up a bit earlier than normal and made French toast for breakfast. That stuff is delicious, I should get up earlier and make it more often! Starting the day with something hot that I took a few minutes to prepare > starting the day with a bowl of cereal.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,355 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,975 rep
Stew and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight, excited :happy:

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,343 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,360 rep

Went out for a family dinner to an all you can eat seafood buffet tonight and omgggggg so good. Lobster, crab, shrimp, salmon, basically everything you can think of. I have one happy tummy. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users