Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you. Only one week left to enter.

Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
2474 replies to this topic

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Bah Humbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,552 rep

For those of you in the US - where does your city land on the list?

https://www.yahoo.co...5293046346.html

Closest to me are Cleveland (30) and Columbus (36). Haven't explored Cleveland's food scene much, but I lived in Columbus for a summer and the Thurmanator burger they reference is literally as big as your head. It's AMAZING. Jeni's ice cream is great and the North Market definitely is cool. I'd say their review hits all the highlights! :happy:

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,134 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 3,906 rep

For those of you in the US - where does your city land on the list?

https://www.yahoo.co...5293046346.html

10 and 8

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,125 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,003 rep

last night at the pizza place I saw they had tuna pizza. And I've never had tuna at all, let alone on a pizza, but it looked and sounded good. So I gave it a try. They said it had on it tuna, wasabi, mustard, and salsa. I like all those things so it was all good.

but then it turned out the salsa was actually mango and strawberries? So I had a lovely tuna, wasabi pizza and then they dumped cold fruit on it! Really gross. But I did eat it anyway, I just gave my brother the mango :lol:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,595 rep

last night at the pizza place I saw they had tuna pizza. And I've never had tuna at all, let alone on a pizza, but it looked and sounded good. So I gave it a try. They said it had on it tuna, wasabi, mustard, and salsa. I like all those things so it was all good.

but then it turned out the salsa was actually mango and strawberries? So I had a lovely tuna, wasabi pizza and then they dumped cold fruit on it! Really gross. But I did eat it anyway, I just gave my brother the mango :lol:

That's definitely not salsa. Sounds like it could be a kind of Morrocan-style thing, as they often put mango and things like that in with stuff. Mango on its own is one of the best fruits ever, but that doesn't sound too good.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

Strawberry mango salsa is the best

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,444 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,768 rep

10 and 8

Happy with that except for all the fat jokes.

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,506 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,815 rep

so i've recently gotten addicted to a tinned mild chicken curry (Ye Olde Oak for you Brits) but it's so fab and wonderful, i love it. i've eaten three tins of it this week alone. plus it's only 97p a tin, and a giant bag of rice is 40p. a weeks worth of meals is like £7.50 :lol:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,125 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,003 rep

That's definitely not salsa. Sounds like it could be a kind of Morrocan-style thing, as they often put mango and things like that in with stuff. Mango on its own is one of the best fruits ever, but that doesn't sound too good.

yeah i didn't think so either. The strawberry was actually alright on the pizza, 'cause it was sweet enough to go with the heat of the wasabi and mustard. But the mango was awful. I guess 'cause it was on top of all this piping hot food it just turned into a mush and was kinda gross

Strawberry mango salsa is the best

it's actually a thing? I didn't know, when I hear salsa I just think of the normal tomato kind :lol:

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

yeah i didn't think so either. The strawberry was actually alright on the pizza, 'cause it was sweet enough to go with the heat of the wasabi and mustard. But the mango was awful. I guess 'cause it was on top of all this piping hot food it just turned into a mush and was kinda gross

it's actually a thing? I didn't know, when I hear salsa I just think of the normal tomato kind :lol:

Yeah it's a (very good) thing. Though if it's just specified as 'salsa' I'd assume the tomato kind as well.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

Our friend is back from Manchester for Christmas break and he brought back a big ol' bag of British gummies :happy:

Also the food selection in the UK sounds grim.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,876 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,595 rep

Also the food selection in the UK sounds grim.

What's wrong with it?

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

What's wrong with it?

Apparently there's just not as much variety as we have here and everything is more expensive for less :P

ie. no chicken wings or all-you-can-eat sushi, no 'specialty' burgers (all of a sudden I feel very North American)

Coffee is also shit, so he says

Though apparently Burger King is significantly better (though also significantly more expensive)

(Personally I've got no complaints about this candy though)

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,876 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,595 rep

Apparently there's just not as much variety as we have here and everything is more expensive for less :P

ie. no chicken wings or all-you-can-eat sushi, no 'specialty' burgers (all of a sudden I feel very North American)

Though apparently Burger King is significantly better (though also significantly more expensive)

(Personally I've got no complaints about this candy though)

There are some places where you can get that, but not many. And things are definitely expensive down here in the south, but I don't know about anywhere else.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

There are some places where you can get that, but not many. And things are definitely expensive down here in the south, but I don't know about anywhere else.

Yeah he said everything costs nearly twice as much as here.

Like Burger King, for example. A burger we would pay barely $2 for is between $4-5 there.

He basically said no one in the UK is overweight because 1) they can't afford enough food to get fat and 2) there's just not enough variety to get fat eating :P

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,944 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 815 rep

No AYCE sushi :o a place with no all you can eat sushi is a place I don't want to go to

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hayley