Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
2243 replies to this topic

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,785 rep

i taught ceadagh how to dip his pizza in ranch and i think that's my greatest accomplishment in life

Welcome to the Midwest U.S., Ceadagh! Ranch goes on everything! :yay:

• Sausage Gravy likes this

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 647 rep

Chicken and sweetcorn pizza dipped in BBQ sauce is quite simply the best thing in the universe. 

Sheiiit. Barbecue sauce is my lifeblood and chicken pizza is my kryptonite. If you were looking for the number one cause of deforestation, you found it right there.
  • Not Anyone. likes this

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

• No, this is Patrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,757 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,673 rep

It's Autumn, so time for my favourite seasonal snack dessert: Warm apple :happy: You just boil/sautee/dunno the apple (put it in a pan with a small splash of water, not even covering the bottom) with some cinnamon and a bit of lemon juice and you end up with something that basically tastes like apple pie except it's healthier because it's just apple and cinnamon and it's done in five minutes. And if you cut the pieces not all exactly the same size you get different textures as well, with the bigger pieces still being firm and having some bite and the smallest pieces nice and mushy like a warm compote. 

Omnomnomnomnom

Giov

Giov
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 584 rep
Dipped pizza of course doesn't exist here! :P

On a related note, Italians don't know what your "meatball spaghetti" or "fettuccine alfredo" are!
  • Iva likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,579 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,664 rep

I've got half a pumpkin in the fridge that's gonna go bad soon, so me and Jake are doing either pumpkin scones or pumpkin cupcakes tonight :happy:

• Iva likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,783 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,399 rep
The husband of one of the woman I now work with makes Bulgarian feta/farmers cheese and phyllo/pastry sheets. These are now in my frig for this weekend's cooking. :)
  • Iva likes this

Iva

Iva
  • I was just taking a kind of a...shortcut.

• 6,219 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,697 rep

Dipped pizza of course doesn't exist here! :P

On a related note, Italians don't know what your "meatball spaghetti" or "fettuccine alfredo" are!

*bows to the deity*

This said, I screwed up my gorgonzola sauce yesterday...and I screwed it up badly. I'm, like, the worst italophile in the world sometimes. :(

I'm tempted to try this, thanks. :)

Then again, not sure what you're talking about, as we have fresh apples all year long and they're dirt-cheap, too. 

• No, this is Patrick

• 30,757 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,673 rep

I'm tempted to try this, thanks. :)

Then again, not sure what you're talking about, as we have fresh apples all year long and they're dirt-cheap, too. 

Well, apples are traditionally in the season in autumn even though in this time and age they're available year-round, and the warmness of it and the spices (well, just cinnamon in this case but there's other spices that work beautifully too) make it really autumn-y for me. It's just an association I make :)

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,692 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,248 rep

Chicken and sweetcorn pizza dipped in BBQ sauce is quite simply the best thing in the universe.

hi are you me I don't like pizza all that much, but if Josh orders Dominos that's the only pizza I'll get. but I ask them to replace h tomato sauce with BBQ and it's so much better
  • Not Anyone. likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,579 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,664 rep

Dad wanted take-away last night so we drove around a bit and found a new Mediterranean place! No one really knows they're there so it was really quiet. But it was so good, omg. Dad's a big eater so he just got a bunch of shit to try. Kibbeh, both cheese and meat sambousek, haloumi with pomegranate sauce (dad asked the woman what the sauce was 'cause he liked it so much). Then I had a falafel roll which was amazing. And dad and Jake both had chicken skewers with hummus, salad, and pickled chillies. Dad hated those but I thought they were great, so I had his

anyway I'm just in love with the whole place so I can't wait to go back

• Demon!Dean likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,076 rep

Mum bought some black pasta last night, and introduced it to me as: "lobster ink pasta". :lol:

It's the squid ink one. Has anybody used it before? What does it taste like? Our packet is about 2ft long and looks like tagliatelle. 

Iva

Iva
  • I was just taking a kind of a...shortcut.

• 6,219 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,697 rep

I saw that in a large supermarket and I googled it immediately...to learn that the squids literally eject ink from their behinds. Still wondering if it's worth being given a go, so...you go first and tell us how it was? O_o

Emilie, that sounds like what we'd call middle eastern food. It's funny from a certain perspective...when we say Mediterranean here, we think of a fraction of our own, Greek, Spanish, Italian. But either way, Mediterranean diet is high on protein and fibre, which could be beneficial for your health issues on a longer run, so go for it if both of you like it. :)

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,783 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,399 rep

Mum bought some black pasta last night, and introduced it to me as: "lobster ink pasta". :lol:

It's the squid ink one. Has anybody used it before? What does it taste like? Our packet is about 2ft long and looks like tagliatelle.

I've had that before in a restaurant and don't remember it tasting any different than regular pasta. Nice looking in the bowl though!

• No, this is Patrick

• 30,757 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,673 rep

Yeah from what I remember it doesn't taste any different. Maybe there's a very subtle flavour difference some foodie would notice or something, but as far as I'm concerned it tastes the same. Its added value is in presentation, making it look good.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,783 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,399 rep

BW2 for Sunday brunch along with 50 TV's of football.  :)

Advertising

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,579 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,664 rep

Emilie, that sounds like what we'd call middle eastern food. It's funny from a certain perspective...when we say Mediterranean here, we think of a fraction of our own, Greek, Spanish, Italian. But either way, Mediterranean diet is high on protein and fibre, which could be beneficial for your health issues on a longer run, so go for it if both of you like it. :)

Mm, I would've called it middle eastern too. But they called themselves Marjana Mediterranean. Maybe they had other foods I just didn't see?

I don't know but I'm definitely going back soon so i'll have a look.

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 647 rep
Putting together a coconut shrimp curry with the bae. A lil' something special just for fun. One of the perks of dating a chef!

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,692 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,248 rep
spending time at Josh's house never ends well. so far this past 3 days I've gotten through 3x2L bottles of Tango, a share size bar of chocolate, a share size bag of crisps, a KFC bucket, multipack of donuts, pot noodle, many normal size packets of crisps, roast dinner, sausage & bacon sandwiches, chips... :lol: how am I not a fat cunt?
I'm just about to put on some spaghetti bolognese (at 11:30am). it's hilarious because both Josh & my mum always say 'you never fucking eat'. WATCH ME.
  • wood and SaintJimmy13 like this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 685 rep

spending time at Josh's house never ends well. so far this past 3 days I've gotten through 3x2L bottles of Tango, a share size bar of chocolate, a share size bag of crisps, a KFC bucket, multipack of donuts, pot noodle, many normal size packets of crisps, roast dinner, sausage & bacon sandwiches, chips... :lol: how am I not a fat cunt?
I'm just about to put on some spaghetti bolognese (at 11:30am). it's hilarious because both Josh & my mum always say 'you never fucking eat'. WATCH ME.

That's what you call not ending well? That sounds great.

• Stacie Anne and Not Anyone. like this

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,692 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,248 rep

That's what you call not ending well? That sounds great.

it's been fucking fabulous but now I'm all bloated and gross :lol:
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

Ludwig van Beethoven

Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Joined Nov 13, 2012
  • 157 rep

There is a huge tub of guacamole.

But no chips.

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,575 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,959 rep

Anyone ever used Miso before? 

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,447 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,934 rep

What do you guys add to food to make it nicer? Cheese? Olive oil?...

also how do you make things less salty

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,579 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,664 rep

What do you guys add to food to make it nicer? Cheese? Olive oil?...

depends what the food is. Sometimes cheese, sometimes just different spices, or barbecue sauce maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users