Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
2096 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep
I like my cheese to taste like cheese. A few herbs is okay but no fruit, nuts or other things belong in a good cheese.
  • Stacie Anne, Not Anyone. and SaintJimmy13 like this

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,350 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,039 rep

So yeah, the aforementioned Yorkshire breakfast. I had another one today, it was amazing again.

Spoilered because huge.

you have no idea how hungry this made me :cry:

also, on bacon, there are two main types of bacon. back bacon & streaky bacon. back bacon is what Marilyn so wrongly called gross ( :P ) & is our traditional breakfast bacon, & streaky bacon is generally only used for making pigs in blankets & general wrapping of other food items. both are amazing, especially smoked. i layer them in my sandwiches.

• Not Anyone. and SaintJimmy13 like this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep
Back bacon actually looks like a slice of ham. And since they're both from the pig it might just be that and you're calling it by a different name. Which we all agree we seem to do about a lot of foods!

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 296 rep

What do you think of Alex James' cheese? Particularly Curry Cheese and Tomato Ketchup Cheese.

I haven't had any, but I want to try the curry one. Ketchup cheese sounds ridiculous, but part of me thinks it might actually be decent.

Back bacon actually looks like a slice of ham. And since they're both from the pig it might just be that and you're calling it by a different name. Which we all agree we seem to do about a lot of foods!

I think what you call ham is what we call gammon, but I'm not sure.

• Not Anyone. likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 15,620 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,704 rep

so after reading the last couple of pages i'm really glad to be a vegetarian and not have to deal with all these conflicting-ass names for things, damn. at least a tomato is universally called a tomato.

my mum's making her signature pasta for tea and i'm so ready for it to get in me. really need her to teach me how to make it before i go to uni.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

so after reading the last couple of pages i'm really glad to be a vegetarian and not have to deal with all these conflicting-ass names for things, damn. at least a tomato is universally called a tomato.

No it's not. It's pomidorów in Polish.

my mum's making her signature pasta for tea and i'm so ready for it to get in me.

You Whitby folk really do have odd ways of eating.

• johndorkian likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian

• 15,620 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,704 rep

No it's not. It's pomidorów in Polish.

You Whitby folk really do have odd ways of eating.

yeah but i bet that translates as tomato. also fuck you, now the seagull's alarm is gonna go off and he's gonna show up and lowkey fetishise me again. :mad:

lmao yeah just be glad i didn't break that technique out after our trip to fusco's. :P

• Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

yeah but i bet that translates as tomato. also fuck you, now the seagull's alarm is gonna go off and he's gonna show up and lowkey fetishise me again. :mad:

lmao yeah just be glad i didn't break that technique out after our trip to fusco's. :P

Seagull is Googling directions to Fusco's right now and will be waiting for you next time you're there.

:lol: It wouldn't be the weirdest thing I saw in Whitby tbh. Speaking of, Fusco's chips are clearly superior to Trenchers but I doubt the rest of it would be.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep

I haven't had any, but I want to try the curry one. Ketchup cheese sounds ridiculous, but part of me thinks it might actually be decent.

I think what you call ham is what we call gammon, but I'm not sure.

Yes, gammon, according to google images is what we call ham. Nothing like our bacon. But the honey-glazed ham I once had at my late mother-in-law's is still a fond memory.
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian

• 15,620 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,704 rep

Seagull is Googling directions to Fusco's right now and will be waiting for you next time you're there.

:lol: It wouldn't be the weirdest thing I saw in Whitby tbh. Speaking of, Fusco's chips are clearly superior to Trenchers but I doubt the rest of it would be.

oh christ :lol: good thing there's one decent chippy where i live then innit. until i discovered it i used to go back to whitby once a week (to see friends) and make a point of having at least two fusco's to make up for my potato deficit during the week.

really? sweet, i feel vindicated. i'm not too arsed about the rest tbh :lol: find out next time!

• Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

oh christ :lol: good thing there's one decent chippy where i live then innit. until i discovered it i used to go back to whitby once a week (to see friends) and make a point of having at least two fusco's to make up for my potato deficit during the week.

really? sweet, i feel vindicated. i'm not too arsed about the rest tbh :lol: find out next time!

I've been known to go back to Hudds just for an ice cream shop there. It's only a 500 mile round trip. I've done it at least four times and I swear to god there's nowhere better in the world. Maybe I'll have to force you to make the journey next time I'm up there.

johndorkian

johndorkian

• 15,620 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,704 rep

I've been known to go back to Hudds just for an ice cream shop there. It's only a 500 mile round trip. I've done it at least four times and I swear to god there's nowhere better in the world. Maybe I'll have to force you to make the journey next time I'm up there.

i'm not massively keen on ice cream tbh :/ although beacon farm is awesome. i'll make the trip if you can guarantee it's better than beacon farm. :P

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

i'm not massively keen on ice cream tbh :/ although beacon farm is awesome. i'll make the trip if you can guarantee it's better than beacon farm. :P

It's in a totally different league to Beacon Farm. It's not even normal ice cream, there's something different about it that I can't quite work out.

• johndorkian likes this

Iva

Iva
  • Allay loo ta nuv!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,315 rep

Shock: we call tomato PARADAJZ. And that's literally how you pronounce paradise.

Also, neither of those things is what I would call bacon. XD

slanina%20oparita%2001.JPG

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep

Shock: we call tomato PARADAJZ. And that's literally how you pronounce paradise.

Also, neither of those things is what I would call bacon. XD

Our bacon looks similar, maybe not as thick, but looks like that before it's cook for sure.

Advertising

Iva

Iva
  • Allay loo ta nuv!

• 5,763 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,315 rep

There's no way I'd slice it this thick, of course. But that's what's good bacon (for us who don't mind it).

Did you make gibanica?

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep

There's no way I'd slice it this thick, of course. But that's what's good bacon (for us who don't mind it).

Did you make gibanica?

Not yet but I mentioned it to hubby and he seemed intrigued. I've been stuck in the house the last couple of weeks and probably another week or so with contractors working on the house. But I will get to this soon after. :)

Iva

Iva
  • Allay loo ta nuv!

• 5,763 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,315 rep

I guess I just can't wait to see how it'll turn out. :)

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,296 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,105 rep

I guess I just can't wait to see how it'll turn out. :)

Me too!!

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,346 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,761 rep

just ate this cupcake

10698419_10154607671845252_7746271772844

chocolate filled too  :toocool:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,165 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,457 rep

I found mango and coconut ice-cream at Coles the other day. Best way to celebrate the start of spring :happy:

• Iva likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

Anyone fancy a deep fried KitKat and cheese toastie?

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,165 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,457 rep

Gonna do baked chicken tonight. I normally fry it and make stir fries or something easy, but I found some baked chicken recipes that look really good.

One thing I hate about cooking meat is making sure it's cooked through. That's why I like stir fries, 'cause I end up with the chicken in little pieces anyway, so I can check it's cooked properly. But when I'm cooking whole chicken breasts it's harder.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 296 rep

Anyone fancy a deep fried KitKat and cheese toastie?

I was about to ask if the two were seperate or not, but I don't care. The answer is yes.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,538 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,659 rep

We have no bread in this house so I just had to make a ham and cheese sandwich with cinnamon raisin English muffins. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought it was going to be.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

I was about to ask if the two were seperate or not, but I don't care. The answer is yes.

Nope, definitely together. Sounds far more awesome than it should.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,165 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,457 rep

The brown sugar chicken went amazing. Dad came home late, finished off the leftovers, then came into my room and asked for the recipe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users