Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
1766 replies to this topic

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,235 rep

billie's head could be the faggot and he could have a flag sticking out of his head. :)

you can slowly go off a person y'know! :P

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Come Along, Pond

• 8,811 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 8,154 rep

if you eat too much mint, doesn't it give you, uh, bowel issues?

Thin Mints are delicious cookies that are brilliant and have never given me bowel issues :P

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,926 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,235 rep

Thin Mints are delicious cookies that are brilliant and have never given me bowel issues :P

oh they're biscuits? i thought they were like After Eights! :lol: 

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • "You bigot." - DookieLukie

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,183 rep

oh they're biscuits? i thought they were like After Eights! :lol:

Glad it's not just me! I've never had the shits after too much mint, though. That's what coffee is for.

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,926 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,235 rep

Glad it's not just me! I've never had the shits after too much mint, though. That's what coffee is for.

i've never had the problem myself. but too many mints or chewing gum have that effect. would have to eat a lot, like two packets but still :P not risking it hah

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • "You bigot." - DookieLukie

• 7,358 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,183 rep

i've never had the problem myself. but too many mints or chewing gum have that effect. would have to eat a lot, like two packets but still :P not risking it hah

It's worth bearing in mind if you ever have a desire to have the shits, I guess.

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• 14,413 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,349 rep

just breakfasted on spaghetti hoops topped with cheese. i am a gourmet fucking chef.

although the coffee i made to go with is the most disgusting beverage i have ever laid my tastebuds on. jesus.

second breakfast was a peanut butter + cucumber sandwich. B-)

Edited by johndorkian, 11 April 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Ludwig van Beethoven

Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined Nov 13, 2012
  • 131 rep

26 hours and 55 minutes till I can eat food.

Uh, stupid 30 hour famine thing (for church).

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 799 rep
Spaghetti hoops omg I loved them. Used to have them all the time at my cousins with toast in the mornings. My fav Heinz thing in a tin is ravioli and then beans obv.

My granny made scotch broth the other night, not had soup for ages it was sooo nice. Had a few tatties with it too, such an old fashioned meal :P

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,747 rep

I've been on a crusade to start stocking up on interesting recipies and ingredients. I've got into the habit of eating more or less the same seven meals every weak, and while they're all tasty and home made and prepared by my own hands, I'm getting a little bored. Found some great stuff with loads of spices and herbs - jerk chicken, cocnut curries, mixed-meat meatballs. Just some extra variation. Food should be exciting. 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,016 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,669 rep

26 hours and 55 minutes till I can eat food.

Uh, stupid 30 hour famine thing (for church).

but......... how? :o

Pat1308

Pat1308
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined Mar 12, 2014
  • 147 rep

I just wondered about this in my status update a few minutes ago (as of the time of writing), but anybody else wonder just how really Italian 'Italian' food - I mean the food people call 'Italian' outside of Italy - is? If there's any Italians here, what do you think about them?

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,821 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep

I just wondered about this in my status update a few minutes ago (as of the time of writing), but anybody else wonder just how really Italian 'Italian' food - I mean the food people call 'Italian' outside of Italy - is? If there's any Italians here, what do you think about them?

Great question.  I'm only Italian by marriage so not really!  So is it true that pizza was not invented in Italy?  Also, what's a typical dinner meal in Italy that's considered traditional?

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 12,544 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 1,961 rep
When I went to Italy they fed us pork every night for 12 days.

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 449 rep
When I went to Italy I was in food heaven.. I want to cry just thinking about it..

Advertising

Oxymore

Oxymore
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2013
  • 1,972 rep

When I went to Italy I was in food heaven.. I want to cry just thinking about it..

I'd love to visit Italy for art and especially food. *____*

Also tonight Im gonna eat for five people at the same time. And it's fine :D

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 449 rep
Most of the time when I travel the first thing that come to my mind is what can I eat there that I would have a hard time finding an authentic version at home..

On the Italy topic I didn't find a pizza that I really loved. I tried really hard I did! My favourite dish was this Lobster Pasta- it was probably the best thing I ate in my life.

Actually my favourite pizza I ever ate was in Prague.. I ate it both days I was there.

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,445 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,503 rep

I had lobster poutine today and it was magnificent. So friggin yummy!!

Giov

Giov
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 570 rep

That's a really good question, because not everyone knows that people are often tricked into thinking they're buying Italian food, while all they're buying is something produced somewhere else, with a label that includes our flag or its colours and an Italian sounding name, like this:

yTokbNA.jpg

Or look at the pic below, it's another "italian cheese". It says "pecorino", which is a type of cheese made with sheep milk (pecora=sheep). Now look at the animal in the tag.

164138763-672a8732-aae4-406e-8d1d-f02ca2

And now this one: "Chianti" wine made in California. Makes sense. (Real "Chianti" is produced only in Tuscany).

monsummano_terme_coldiretti_prodotti_tar

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,821 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep
Kind of like real Champagne can only be called that if it's from the Champagne region of France. Otherwise is has to be called Sparkling Wine.

I'm definitely going to be ready my labels a lot more to see where the food I like is made and imported from.

Giov

Giov
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 570 rep

Kind of like real Champagne can only be called that if it's from the Champagne region of France. Otherwise is has to be called Sparkling Wine.

I'm definitely going to be ready my labels a lot more to see where the food I like is made and imported from.

Yes! Reading labels is really important, everyone should do it. People who produce a particular product, it can be Champagne or Parmigiano, need to pass quality checks and follow specific rules, to protect their work, their unique product and their clients .

Great question.  I'm only Italian by marriage so not really!  So is it true that pizza was not invented in Italy?  Also, what's a typical dinner meal in Italy that's considered traditional?

What do you mean with dinner meal? Evening meal or general meal? I think Americans mean generic meal but I'm not really sure!

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,821 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep

Yes! Reading labels is really important, everyone should do it. People who produce a particular product, it can be Champagne or Parmigiano, need to pass quality checks and follow specific rules, to protect their work, their unique product and their clients .

What do you mean with dinner meal? Evening meal or general meal? I think Americans mean generic meal but I'm not really sure!

Evening meal. (That's what we call dinner. :)) If we're having Italian for dinner it can be spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, (lots of pastas!) or veal marsala, pizza, and a host of other options. Lots have a red sauce (not a huge fan).

Can't really remember what we ate in Firenze when we were there but it was all good. Well, except for the Hangar steak that was highly recommended. Not my fav. But everything else was delicious.

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 799 rep
Italian food is probably one of my favourite kinds of foods. Never had the real stuff but I want to!
I love spaghetti carbonara and arrabbiata pasta though nom.

Giov

Giov
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 570 rep

Evening meal. (That's what we call dinner. :)) If we're having Italian for dinner it can be spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, (lots of pastas!) or veal marsala, pizza, and a host of other options. Lots have a red sauce (not a huge fan).

Can't really remember what we ate in Firenze when we were there but it was all good. Well, except for the Hangar steak that was highly recommended. Not my fav. But everything else was delicious.

Oh it's evening meal, I got it wrong, thank you! I think that the best thing about Italian food is that it's not too elaborated, you need just a few simple (and cheap!) ingredients to make a delicious meal. You're not a fan of red sauce? But that's an heresy! :P There are so many other ways you can have pasta, it can be pesto, mushrooms, olives, carbonara, "aglio, olio e peperoncino" (=garlic, olive oil and chili pepper), mussels....

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 20,821 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep

Oh it's evening meal, I got it wrong, thank you! I think that the best thing about Italian food is that it's not too elaborated, you need just a few simple (and cheap!) ingredients to make a delicious meal. You're not a fan of red sauce? But that's an heresy! :P There are so many other ways you can have pasta, it can be pesto, mushrooms, olives, carbonara, "aglio, olio e peperoncino" (=garlic, olive oil and chili pepper), mussels....

Exactly. I want all those other sauces instead of red sauce! Oh, and since I'm allergic to Parmesan - no pesto. :( It's just not the same with Romano but I make it that way anyway just so I can fill my pesto taste need every now and then!

Giov - I want to come cook with you! :)

Giov

Giov
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 570 rep

Italian food is probably one of my favourite kinds of foods. Never had the real stuff but I want to!
I love spaghetti carbonara and arrabbiata pasta though nom.

Carbonara is delicious, sometimes I add onion, I think it tastes really good!

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,165 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,747 rep

Really interesting article on the BBC about how your environment can change the way we taste: http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-26925249

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users