Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

American Horror Story

- - - - - TV Show

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,604 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,678 rep

like it was just the house and now it's a weird asylum but with all the same people?? i just legit can't understand why and it's really annoying me haha

It just changes stories every season. So they have those same 4 or 5 permanent actors like Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson (plus other actors) who just play different characters every season. So season 1 was the story of the murder house, season two is the story of an asylum, season 3 is about a coven of witches.

I guess you can compare it to shows like Goosebumps? Like Goosebumps was a kids show that revolved around telling scary stories, but every episode had different characters and settings. It's kind of annoying at first, knowing that after the end of the season they'll never come back to that story. 

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 15,955 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,019 rep

It just changes stories every season. So they have those same 4 or 5 permanent actors like Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson (plus other actors) who just play different characters every season. So season 1 was the story of the murder house, season two is the story of an asylum, season 3 is about a coven of witches.

I guess you can compare it to shows like Goosebumps? Like Goosebumps was a kids show that revolved around telling scary stories, but every episode had different characters and settings. It's kind of annoying at first, knowing that after the end of the season they'll never come back to that story. 

yeah i figured there was no explicitly stated reason or anything, just thought it was odd and wondered if i'd missed something. i'll prob pick it back up again sometime this week.. thanks emilie ^_^

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,291 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,099 rep

On the last episode of the first season and I'm so proud of myself for figuring out when/where Violet died before the explanation happened in the show :lol:

• Lady Darkling likes this

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,440 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,803 rep

finished season one, watched like ten minutes of the first episode of season two. i'm gonna need someone to explain why it changed house or w/e before i can keep watching because that just bothers me way too much

You are so cute :lol:

sherribomb

sherribomb
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Joined Sep 06, 2011
  • 298 rep

I just got into the awesomness that is this show because my sister just sent me the first two seasons on dvd. I'm loving it so far. However, I don't really see how Tate has so many fangirls. He really just turns me off, personally. And also, Jessica Lange is queen.

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

Tate = <3

• Lady Darkling likes this

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • beat your heart out

• 21,374 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,398 rep
tate is fucking gross

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,440 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,803 rep

yeah, except he isn't.

• kaylubd and Lady Darkling like this

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

I got this for my b-day. I don't even have words.

IMG_20140531_233712_143_zpse40537e3.jpg

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 404 rep

Yo the new season started and i'm already super impressed. Great season opener, I can't wait to see what's going to happen. 

Absolutely love the twins. And of course my queen Jessica Lange doesn't disappoint. Teared up at the end :cry:  

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,604 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,678 rep

can anyone tell me if there were any rape scenes in the new episode? Sucks I even have to ask this question but I know the show well, so :rolleyes: I can't find out through other places without reading the whole synopsis, but I don't want to spoil what happens. It's just, if there is any rape I want to know so I can be ready for it

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 404 rep

can anyone tell me if there were any rape scenes in the new episode? Sucks I even have to ask this question but I know the show well, so :rolleyes: I can't find out through other places without reading the whole synopsis, but I don't want to spoil what happens. It's just, if there is any rape I want to know so I can be ready for it

There is no explicit rape but there is a scene where a character comes into the tent and says that she needs to go home and how depraved they are for doing that stuff with her and the other character is like: 'nah you liked it' and shows her video footage of her enjoying herself with other people (nothing explicit, you can barely tell what's going on) and she like 'oh right I liked it'

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,604 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,678 rep

There is no explicit rape but there is a scene where a character comes into the tent and says that she needs to go home and how depraved they are for doing that stuff with her and the other character is like: 'nah you liked it' and shows her video footage of her enjoying herself with other people (nothing explicit, you can barely tell what's going on) and she like 'oh right I liked it'

that doesn't sound too bad. Thanks :happy:

I looked through the TV guide before and found out the episode airs in Australia the night I'm hoping to be finishing this big assignment. So maybe I'll wait and reward myself with the episode when I've finished 

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 404 rep

that doesn't sound too bad. Thanks :happy:

I looked through the TV guide before and found out the episode airs in Australia the night I'm hoping to be finishing this big assignment. So maybe I'll wait and reward myself with the episode when I've finished 

wow i could never wait, i always need to see episodes right when/after it airs :P

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,440 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,803 rep

Yo the new season started 

omg what?! Can't believe I missed this - gonna try to watch it with the boy tonight.

• Ana. likes this

Advertising

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • beat your heart out

• 21,374 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,398 rep
i've never been scared of clowns before but i'm definitely having nightmares tonight :P

i can't wait for angela basset's character to show up!!

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

Watched the first episode of the new season and I love it. It was intriguing, creepy, and disturbing. And let me just say that clown....I shuddered every time he came on the screen. Wtf man....they did a really good job with that one. I also love the twins! I really love how they each have a distinct personality.  Can't wait for the next episode!

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 404 rep

I actually didn't mind the clown at all. I don't find them creepy, so....

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,440 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,803 rep

Great new episode! And the advances from the next one look great. I find it hilarious that Evan Peters' 'oddity' (or gift, depends how you wanna see it) is huge fingers with which he pleases women. I love him so much! And it seems he won't be useless like on season 3. I am really excited for what comes next :D

• kaylubd likes this

Göta

Göta
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Joined Jan 05, 2011
  • 514 rep

I'm really excited to give this season a try. They haven't started airing it here yet, but the sneak peaks I've seen so far looks promising.

Won't get too worked up though, as both Asylum and Coven eventually bored me to bits two episodes in.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,604 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,678 rep

Might have changed my mind about the show. idk I'll have to watch it. But I've been hearing bad things about it, and the whole season revolving around a freak show of disabled people is probably gonna make me angry a lot

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 404 rep

I loved the newest episode. Loved Dot stealing the show and loved Elsa manipulating Bette.

The ending made me so sad though, I mean Meep was weird but didn't deserve to die that way. Very upsetting.

• kaylubd likes this

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

What really bothered me about the new episode is the cover of Criminal only because it makes no sense. It's the '50s. There's no way in hell she would know that song!!

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,450 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,756 rep

Also in the first episode of this season there was a Bowie song from the 70s. The music is all over the place.

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

Also in the first episode of this season there was a Bowie song from the 70s. The music is all over the place.

I didn't even catch that one! What the hell is going on with the music?

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • beat your heart out

• 21,374 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,398 rep

really not a big fan of this whole edward mordrake storyline they're adding in, hopefully it just lasts for the halloween episodes. this season has been great so far but there's already a lot happening and i'm reaaallly hoping it doesn't end up like asylum did where there's too much going on to even keep track of. also, the clown is still giving me nightmares :P

also the lana del rey song!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users