Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

Israel Develops Cancer Vaccine

News

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

lastnightonGDA

lastnightonGDA
  • splosher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Joined Jun 16, 2010
  • 991 rep
Well fuck, this is cool.

http://unitedwithisr...cancer-vaccine/
  • Jacob. and koolkev like this

Mikle

Mikle
  • Migueloncho

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2010
  • 120 rep
Holy crap, I hope economy doesn't get in the way of science yet again by restraining the economic funds for this kind of research or for the vaccine development.
I cant help but to think that this would've happened sooner if certain economic groups with heavy influence in the health industry didn't want this to happen. You know cancer treatment is a millonary business right? There are lots of people who care too much about the money going into their wallets to let this happen in the right way, which is free and for all.

Sorry, I don't want to be pesimistic with such awesome news on the horizon, but I cant help but to doubt about this...

I hope to be wrong.

Also, congrats to the beautiful minds who crafted this vaccine whoever you are and wherever you are!
  • Velocity likes this

koolkev

koolkev
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2010
  • 146 rep
I find that pretty amazing. Maybe the amazing loads of cash donated to Cancer research has paid off!!
I'm glad to see this, and hope it develops! It could truly be helpful!

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep
that's awesome!!
hopefully this thing will help tons of people!

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,175 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,560 rep
Could be the "penicillin" drug of our generation. Hope the trials are as successful as they are hopeful.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,580 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,794 rep
The source is more than a little sketchy and I couldn't find it on any legitimate sites. That doesn't mean it's not true but I would wait until some medical journal, or the associated press for that matter, confirms it, before jumping on the celebratory bandwagon.
  • Mikle and americanidiot812 like this

Mikle

Mikle
  • Migueloncho

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2010
  • 120 rep

The source is more than a little sketchy and I couldn't find it on any legitimate sites. That doesn't mean it's not true but I would wait until some medical journal, or the associated press for that matter, confirms it, before jumping on the celebratory bandwagon.

I agree, while I don't like to extensively trust the media wagon (they tend to turn things in their favor, with fear usually, which leads to a scared obeying society) I would wait until at least any medical journal publishes the discovery as well. I hope no one misunderstands this as a racist statement but given that the news are coming from a website from Israel and the vaccine's dev team is from that nationality as well maybe they are jumping a little bit ahead before confirming. I know they didn't confirm anything because they say said vaccine is still on ongoing trials but the title is quite misleading.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,580 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,794 rep

I agree, while I don't like to extensively trust the media wagon (they tend to turn things in their favor, with fear usually, which leads to a scared obeying society) I would wait until at least any medical journal publishes the discovery as well. I hope no one misunderstands this as a racist statement but given that the news are coming from a website from Israel and the vaccine's dev team is from that nationality as well maybe they are jumping a little bit ahead before confirming. I know they didn't confirm anything because they say said vaccine is still on ongoing trials but the title is quite misleading.

Yeah, it's not just the site, like I plugged "Israel cancer vaccine" into google and the top 2 pages were nothing but blogs and propaganda sites and nothing remotely legitimate.

kck1

kck1
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined Nov 11, 2011
  • 1 rep
Woooohoo go israel!

americanidiot812

americanidiot812
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2011
  • 37 rep
how has this not made news or med journals yet? Not to be a total downer, but I feel somebody heard something from the scientists and stretched it. Maybe an idea for a vaccine has been formulated, but I don't think any physical progress has been made yet.

it's a good start though! hope for the future :)

Yussef

Yussef
  • love infinitely

• 17,395 posts
  • Joined Jun 22, 2006
  • 4,698 rep
I won't trust it until it appears on the BBC Health section.
  • Frank's Penis likes this

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• 22,345 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 5,046 rep
Oh yeah we are awesome!

Burnout98

Burnout98
  • Not Growing Up, Just Burning Out

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2010
  • 288 rep
Thats fucking cool.

I hope this is real and actually works.

xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005
  • 160 rep
That's awesome. I love scientific progress. Even if we've yet to find it somewhere in a scholarly source. But that's OK.
It's still awesome even if it's a rumor.

But in the mean time
. . . . . V V V V V V V V V V . . .
> > >THISISRELEVANT< < <
. . . . . ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Just sayin.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 16,169 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,153 rep
Won't approve until they remove the fucking walls!

Advertising

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep
The source of this article is super sketchy...

BUT... there are cancer vaccines. Sort of. There is a vaccine therapy for melanomas in dogs (it was a clinical trial at Animal Medical Center in NYC several years ago. My boss took her dog for it and it worked. I think it may be a standard thing now...) And also, the HPV vaccine prevents against cancer.

The thing is, there's SO many different cancers and they all act differently and attack different organs and cells. BUT- yes there are some vaccine type things that can be used against cancer.

It's not like the MIRACLE CURE or anything, but this stuff is out there... at least a little bit.

(this site is still super sketchy though.)
  • Tubbie Head likes this

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• 16,897 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,065 rep
This is really cool :) I hope it will Help every person who suffers from cancer.

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,994 rep
I hope this is truth! =D
Although one vaccine can't be used to prevent every type of cancer (there are already vaccines for a small percentage)... It's still a great progression if it will be used for some of them.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 30,396 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,938 rep

Won't approve until they remove the fucking walls!

What exactly do you not approve of, a potential cancer vaccine or a political situation that has nothing to do with this thread?
  • bat-chen likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,178 rep
Fingers crossed that if this isn't a miracle cure, that it's some kind of breakthrough at least. :)

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,138 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,663 rep
I hope to God this is true. You have no idea how happy I would be.

norcalgreendayfan

norcalgreendayfan
  • SAN JOSE BITCHES

• 14,661 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2009
  • 438 rep
If the news about the vaccine is true that would be huge in the fight against cancer and the hopes one day a cure could be found. On the other hand the fact it is posted on a pro israel propaganda site makes me a bit nervous about the whole Thing. At this point I would wait to see if there is any articles in any reputable medical journals.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 16,169 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,153 rep

What exactly do you not approve of, a potential cancer vaccine or a political situation that has nothing to do with this thread?

The political situation SHOULD have something to say. It's great if they just found the cure for cancer, but would you support them when you know what the countries government is doing?

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 30,396 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,938 rep

The political situation SHOULD have something to say. It's great if they just found the cure for cancer, but would you support them when you know what the countries government is doing?

I was just being facetious about the way you worded your post :p
I think the point is that this thread is not about supporting any kind of regime, it's about reports of a possible vaccine against cancer :)
If the reports are true that's awesome, we can only hope that someone somewhere does find a cure for this awful disease as soon as possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users