Static Noise 49: GDA.com/videos for the brand new "Carpet Diet!"

greendaytone

Static Noise #49

Andres, Tony, and Matt catch up on Green Day's show in San Francisco, as well as Billie Joe's performance at the Mark Twain prize ceremony for Will Ferrell. We also talk about some amusing misheard lyrics and there's plenty more of our own brand of verbal diarrhea, plus a new guess the song contest!

Listen & Download

[podcast]SN_ep49[/podcast]

Listen above or right click this link to save the mp3. Better yet, you can subscribe to the show in iTunes to get the latest episodes automatically when they're published.

Be a part of the show:

Like the show on Facebook

Send us an email, staticnoise@greendayauthority.com

----

Segment 1: Green Day news (25 - 35 mins)

- Surprise show at the Mezzanine, in San Francisco on November 1st:

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2753/

- Billie Joe performing at Will Ferrell honoring

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2750/

- Larry Livermore “Spy Rock Memories” - quote

- Unofficial video for Restless Heart Syndrome

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2737/

- New Found Glory covering Basket Case

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2771/

- Green Day 2nd to Rammstein in Kerrang’s greatest live acts

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2755/

- Kerrang magazine available to order on GDA

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2779/

- Enter to win free copy of AAF on vinyl from RXP radio.

- Song of the Week: “Stay The Night”

Segment 2: GDA/GDC stuff (10 - 15 mins)

- “Mini Blue” for American Red Cross

- Video section

- Featured Download: Foxboro Hot Tubs at the Stork Club

- Featured Band: Playground Beatdown

- Editorial: Top 5 Green Day moments i missed

- Fan cover: Far As Hell

Segment 3: Listener segment (10 mins)

- announce last contest winner:

Hi guys! Certainly I'm not the first one to send in an answer and I don't even know if I got it correct but I'll try anyway. So Jason White dressed as a Voodoo Priest on the show at Webster Hall last week. / Kerstin~Overjoyed :)

- E-mail:

Hey guys, what's up? I love your podcast.

So anyway, it's pretty cool that green days sharing some new songs, but it makes me wonder. Since their new style sounds kinda sounds like the Foxboro Hot Tubs, will this mean more or less Hot Tubs in the future? And will this album be as big as Dookie and American idiot?

Also I wanted to talk about a subject that a lot of people look down on, fan fiction. I'm Drunkbunny92 on a website called Sullen Riot. It's a Green Day fan fiction website. There are actually some really awesome and creative story's on that site. So anyway, I was just wondering what your thoughts on fan fiction were.

Thanks guys

Cassie

Pinned. Downloading.

awesome :D

And I totally got the question right. booo not fast enough.

edit.

Shame on you guys for not knowing about Going to Pasalacqua. SHAAAAAME.

Shame on you guys for not knowing about Going to Pasalacqua. SHAAAAAME.

With each episode, our pretend Green Day fandom becomes more exposed! :P

This is the first time I have heard Carpe Diem; I've been trying not to listen to it until a good version showed up... but this ones actually quite decent.

Fuck I need to catch up on the podcast... Missed this and the last one. I'll try my best :)

Awesome podcast once again! Oh.. and I fell in love with the way you guys pronounced "Rammstein" :lol: (in a good way of course ;))

Wait, 11 hours to get to Andres?? I thought that you were all in the studio in Nebraska ;)

Wait, 11 hours to get to Andres?? I thought that you were all in the studio in Nebraska ;)

You wouldn't believe the size of that studio.

You wouldn't believe the size of that studio.

Exactly. We stay at opposite ends, get shit faced drunk, then start the nearly 12 hour journey crawling our way back toward each other through the night so we can all sleep in the middle of the studio in sleeping bags like a cute slumber party.

Awesome episode! So much information that i hadn't time to check out on GDA was discussed! :quoteunquote: Thank you, guys!

p.s. it would be nice to have Larry Livermore's audio-book read by Tony's "lovely voice" and "hilarious accent" :P

Exactly. We stay at opposite ends, get shit faced drunk, then start the nearly 12 hour journey crawling our way back toward each other through the night so we can all sleep in the middle of the studio in sleeping bags like a cute slumber party.

SLUMBER PARTY :woot:

You recorded this on Jason White's birthday and talked about the date and mentioned Jason White but didn't mention it was his birthday :mad:. But I didn't know about the new editorial or the Restless Heart Syndrome video so thanks for that. And yessss I agree about East Jesus Nowhere. And for some reason Tony's comment about Andres' bath time made me laugh a lot :lol:

Was Billie refrencing Spongebob when he said 'Karate'? :lol:

Have you guys seen this video for At the Library? It's a misheard lyric video. It's amazing and verrrry funny! :wub:

The greatest video of all time :wub:

it's getting so hard not listening to the new gd stuff :S but i'm gonna keep up

btw i love the way Andres says his name because that's the way i say it too lol

I haven't listened to this episode yet but I just heard the "I am already having a fantastic time" used in the intro in the actual Family Guy episode and it was like "oooooh :woot:". I didn't even know it was from Family Guy. The internet inside me told me I needed to share this.

So I may listen to this episode, if I have time. I'm sure it's awesome.

• 1 month later...

I just listened to this...normally I don't have the time.

Actually, I lied. I just fast forwarded to the part where you talked about Mini Blue. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for all the lovely things you said about it. :wub:

Archived