Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liam

My Chemical Romance

Monica.

Do tell.

About meeting them I'm guessing? I would love to tell!

Well, it was my first time seeing them so I was excited/nervous. (I always get nervous for some reason before concerts not sure why lol) Anyways, we got in line around 9am and the doors didn't open until 6:30ish. It was December too, so it was freezing but so worth it! At around 5:30, two of the girls working for the 89x radio station came by and handed out mcr meet and greet passes for those who "stood out" in line. We had bought reindeer hats and these 89x t-shirts to wear. Although my t-shirt wasn't noticeable because well, I was in my coat and covered with blankets on the floor. :lol: I probably looked like a hobo. But she saw our reindeer hats, and took our picture. Then asked if we wanted to meet MCR. We got our passes, then got in the m&g line with the other 4 groups of people. We got into the venue and had to wait until after My Chem finished their interview with 89x. It was awesome getting to see their interview from afar. lol We were in line first, so once their interview was finished, me, my friend and sisters went up to them and shaked each of their hands. They introduced themselves, as we did. Ray made a little funny comment at first and was like "Oh, look it's the reindeer sisters." :lol: I will forever be known as one of the reindeer sisters, and I'm completely fine by that. haha Gerard was first, then came Frank, then Mikey, and Ray was last. I thought I was having a dream throughout the entire thing. It was truly amazing! After shaking their hands, we got a picture with them! They are all so beautiful and nice! :wub: Before having to go back outside to the cold we each were given a signed poster from them. All this excitement, and we still had to go wait in line outside for another hour until they let us in. It was a good thing that we were able to scope out the venue before the show started, because right when we got in and was checked by security, I ran towards the front of the floor, was about third row, on Frank's side of the stage. Once Sick Puppies were over (which were great live), the venue was completely dark, and Look Alive Sunshine started, all I remember was seeing the girl in front of me leave, so I somehow reached for the barricade, and pulled myself up by the time the lights came on and was almost right in front of Frank! The show itself was hands down amazing! They interacted with the crowd a lot, which reminded me so much of Green Day. My favorite performance that night was probably House Of Wolves or Cancer. Although my favorite was when I saw them on 9/11, they played a different version of Skylines and Turnstiles. I cried, was fucking beautiful. :wub:

Here's the picture of us! :happy:

156308_178524845499505_100000259718321_583553_4885718_n.jpg

It's strange to me that people freak out over me seeing MCR in Revenge. I don't think of myself as an 'old skool' fan or anything... but I guess in a way it's like getting into Green Day around Dookie times. I just assume that everyone got into them then, seeing as they were so huge :lol:

OH, and look what I found in my photobucket - this was my entry to win tickets or a meet-and-greet or something:

Oh 2007. U SO FUNNY.

I wore that into 3 pits, too. God it was hot.

:woot: Completely jealous! Really love the entry picture! Looks awesome!

raven052

Oh Holy Hell. That's amazing :woot: Thanks so much for sharing. Totally jealous, but in a nice way, y'know? :happy: Oh, and that picture is awesome too, by the way.

Monica.

Oh Holy Hell. That's amazing :woot: Thanks so much for sharing. Totally jealous, but in a nice way, y'know? :happy: Oh, and that picture is awesome too, by the way.

No problem, not many of my friends like MCR, so I barely ever get to share it, unfortunately. lol aww Thank you! xxx

Emilie

About meeting them I'm guessing? I would love to tell!

Well, it was my first time seeing them so I was excited/nervous. (I always get nervous for some reason before concerts not sure why lol) Anyways, we got in line around 9am and the doors didn't open until 6:30ish. It was December too, so it was freezing but so worth it! At around 5:30, two of the girls working for the 89x radio station came by and handed out mcr meet and greet passes for those who "stood out" in line. We had bought reindeer hats and these 89x t-shirts to wear. Although my t-shirt wasn't noticeable because well, I was in my coat and covered with blankets on the floor. :lol: I probably looked like a hobo. But she saw our reindeer hats, and took our picture. Then asked if we wanted to meet MCR. We got our passes, then got in the m&g line with the other 4 groups of people. We got into the venue and had to wait until after My Chem finished their interview with 89x. It was awesome getting to see their interview from afar. lol We were in line first, so once their interview was finished, me, my friend and sisters went up to them and shaked each of their hands. They introduced themselves, as we did. Ray made a little funny comment at first and was like "Oh, look it's the reindeer sisters." :lol: I will forever be known as one of the reindeer sisters, and I'm completely fine by that. haha Gerard was first, then came Frank, then Mikey, and Ray was last. I thought I was having a dream throughout the entire thing. It was truly amazing! After shaking their hands, we got a picture with them! They are all so beautiful and nice! :wub: Before having to go back outside to the cold we each were given a signed poster from them. All this excitement, and we still had to go wait in line outside for another hour until they let us in. It was a good thing that we were able to scope out the venue before the show started, because right when we got in and was checked by security, I ran towards the front of the floor, was about third row, on Frank's side of the stage. Once Sick Puppies were over (which were great live), the venue was completely dark, and Look Alive Sunshine started, all I remember was seeing the girl in front of me leave, so I somehow reached for the barricade, and pulled myself up by the time the lights came on and was almost right in front of Frank! The show itself was hands down amazing! They interacted with the crowd a lot, which reminded me so much of Green Day. My favorite performance that night was probably House Of Wolves or Cancer. Although my favorite was when I saw them on 9/11, they played a different version of Skylines and Turnstiles. I cried, was fucking beautiful. :wub:

Here's the picture of us! :happy:

156308_178524845499505_100000259718321_583553_4885718_n.jpg

That sounds incredible! It always makes me smile when I hear stories of people that met the guys, because they sound so frikken nice. :happy:

My computer is being a dick that doesn't like to show pictures, so I'll wait until I get home to see your pic.

DoodleBob

I forgot to tell you when you posted the pictures, I was really impressed with yours. Loved all the added meanings you had for everything. :happy:

Awe, thank you! :D It was my first time actually drawing sometime that was meant to be in a contest, so I'm glad someone liked it.

And yea, I'm a long time music student, so I figured I'd add some of my personality in there. I tried my best to relate the meanings of the symbols to the Killjoys' lives. :)

GWALH.gif

Ack! I'm so happy for you! That's so amazing! I hope you cherish that moment forever, because I'm so jelous! (In a friendly way, of course. :P ) I really want to meet them some day. (Along with Green Day. :lol:)

You have a cool story that goes with it too. :)

Monica.

That sounds incredible! It always makes me smile when I hear stories of people that met the guys, because they sound so frikken nice. :happy:

My computer is being a dick that doesn't like to show pictures, so I'll wait until I get home to see your pic.

Aww They really are nice! They make you feel comfortable around them too, but the only one who was a bit awkward/shy was Mikey, but it was cute. lol

Ack! I'm so happy for you! That's so amazing! I hope you cherish that moment forever, because I'm so jelous! (In a friendly way, of course. :P ) I really want to meet them some day. (Along with Green Day. :lol:)

You have a cool story that goes with it too. :)

That gif! :lol: aww Thank you!! xxx I hope you do meet them, along with GD! :D

DoodleBob

Guess what guys! I can finally play the beginning of Disenchated on my guitar! :D I'm so proud of myself!

That gif! :lol: aww Thank you!! xxx I hope you do meet them, along with GD! :D

:lol: I try.

Thanks! I'll definitely be sure to post it in here if I do. ;)

Monica.

Guess what guys! I can finally play the beginning of Disenchated on my guitar! :D I'm so proud of myself!

:lol: I try.

Thanks! I'll definitely be sure to post it in here if I do. ;)

haha Anytime!! :happy:

P.S. Congrats on being able to play the beginning of Disenchanted on your guitar! :D

Guest Charlotte.

Oh my gosh, that is so, so amazing. I'm so happy for you! That picture is great and the whole thing sounds like it was really lovely :happy:

I'm also rather jealous (also in a nice way) haha. Thanks for sharing that with us :)

Undómiel

Well they're all off on their jollies at the moment... :/

Slightly related as well... did anyone see that MSI are going to be touring next year?! Suspect little MCR activity at that time 'cause Gerard will be being a house husband?

Monica.

Oh my gosh, that is so, so amazing. I'm so happy for you! That picture is great and the whole thing sounds like it was really lovely :happy:

I'm also rather jealous (also in a nice way) haha. Thanks for sharing that with us :)

aw Thank you. It's never a problem. :) xxxx

DoodleBob

P.S. Congrats on being able to play the beginning of Disenchanted on your guitar! :D

Awe, thank you! :)

Slightly related as well... did anyone see that MSI are going to be touring next year?! Suspect little MCR activity at that time 'cause Gerard will be being a house husband?

:( I guess that means no extended tour?

But being a daddy doesn't mean that they can't record an album! ;)

Undómiel

But being a daddy doesn't mean that they can't record an album! ;)

Yeah it's a great opportunity!

a peculiar name

aaaaaaaaaah a MCR thread!!!! Love em. I'm obsessed with cancer right now <3 Gerard has one of the most beautiful voices ever.

DoodleBob

Yeah it's a great opportunity!

Yep. Didn't one of them say that they've been creating new material? Or no?

aaaaaaaaaah a MCR thread!!!! Love em. I'm obsessed with cancer right now <3 Gerard has one of the most beautiful voices ever.

GWBAWBAK.gif

Welcome. :)

Cancer was the second song that got me into MCR. ;)

a peculiar name

GWBAWBAK.gif

Welcome. :)

Cancer was the second song that got me into MCR. ;)

I think my second song was blood :) aaah cancer is so awesome <3

DoodleBob

I think my second song was blood :) aaah cancer is so awesome <3

Yea, my first was Helena when I was 8. :wub:

Cancer is really beautiful. I'm trying to get my friend to learn it on piano for me. He told me it was to hard though. :( I tried playing it on guitar but it's to hard for me.

Have you heard the AOL session of Cancer? It's amazing!

Emilie

We have another fan!

tumblr_lo0i8didPP1qinkxwo1_500.gif

Welcome! I agree, he does have a beautiful voice.

heartscollide

(late to the party always)

I brought my BDO ticket yesterdayyyyy so i guess i'm definitely seeing them next year fnjdso;ngfjk;dsnjk

I don't really know whether to be excited or worried about the changes made to the Auckland set up but at least mcr and still there :33333

oh and i got into them in 2007? i believe.... i thought they were a bunch of emo fags then i started to secretly like WTTBP and then when FMW came out i was just like 'fuck it' etc

raven052

Welcome! And yes, I agree, Gerard's voice is just... Stunningly beautiful :wub:

Pretty sure they've said that. Otherwise you and I had the same dream...

I brought my BDO ticket yesterdayyyyy so i guess i'm definitely seeing them next year fnjdso;ngfjk;dsnjk

I don't really know whether to be excited or worried about the changes made to the Auckland set up but at least mcr and still there :33333

oh and i got into them in 2007? i believe.... i thought they were a bunch of emo fags then i started to secretly like WTTBP and then when FMW came out i was just like 'fuck it' etc

For some reason that last part really made me laugh. :lol:

DoodleBob

Pretty sure they've said that. Otherwise you and I had the same dream...

Yea, I tried looking for the interview or something, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Hm, I wonder if my imagination is taking over. :shifty:

Awe, yay! You're so lucky you get to see them! :D

And yea, I used they were to "dark" for me, but MCR isn't really that bad once you get into them. I mean, Danger Days is pretty upbeat for the most part. I think Three Cheers kind of left a shadow on them that they've been trying to break out of. I love the darkness and emotion in Three Cheers though. :wub:

raven052

Yea, I tried looking for the interview or something, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Hm, I wonder if my imagination is taking over. :shifty:

Awe, yay! You're so lucky you get to see them! :D

And yea, I used they were to "dark" for me, but MCR isn't really that bad once you get into them. I mean, Danger Days is pretty upbeat for the most part. I think Three Cheers kind of left a shadow on them that they've been trying to break out of. I love the darkness and emotion in Three Cheers though. :wub:

Haha! I knew I didn't dream it! (well, actually, I did for a while there...) But... Found it!

Just searched through the old My Chemical Romance thread, and found an interview from October, with Frank. (it was originally posted, in the old thread, by tigeress)

He says MCR have been very inspired of late as well. "Whether it be writing a new My Chem record or working on a different kind of project, there are a couple of things that are coming in the works," he says. "But I definitely see new music coming out or at least being worked on throughout the rest of this year and hopefully maybe something coming out by summer."

Knew I remembered discussing this before. Glad I'm not just crazy :lol:

And, on the other subject. The kind of 'dark' quality to Three Cheers was actually one of the things that really got me into them.

I still love Danger Days too, of course. Really different to what they'd done before but still so recognisably them, y'know? Makes me very excited for the future :happy:

DoodleBob

Haha! I knew I didn't dream it! (well, actually, I did for a while there...) But... Found it!

Just searched through the old My Chemical Romance thread, and found an interview from October, with Frank. (it was originally posted, in the old thread, by tigeress)

Yes! I knew it! (I remembered Frank saying it too. :happy: )

Anyway, I hope it's true. :)

koolkev

Meh.

I never liked these guys. Too pop-y. (No offense.) And I don't like Gerard's voice. (No offense again)

heartscollide

Knew I remembered discussing this before. Glad I'm not just crazy :lol:

And, on the other subject. The kind of 'dark' quality to Three Cheers was actually one of the things that really got me into them.

I still love Danger Days too, of course. Really different to what they'd done before but still so recognisably them, y'know? Makes me very excited for the future :happy:

oops sorry to burst your bubble but in an even more recent interview frank told everyone he made up the rumour that their would be a new album next summer