Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liam

My Chemical Romance

pasalaska

It's strange to me that people freak out over me seeing MCR in Revenge. I don't think of myself as an 'old skool' fan or anything... but I guess in a way it's like getting into Green Day around Dookie times. I just assume that everyone got into them then, seeing as they were so huge :lol:

OH, and look what I found in my photobucket - this was my entry to win tickets or a meet-and-greet or something:

blackparadefianlcopycopyedit.jpg

Oh 2007. U SO FUNNY.

I wore that into 3 pits, too. God it was hot.

Undómiel

It's strange to me that people freak out over me seeing MCR in Revenge. I don't think of myself as an 'old skool' fan or anything... but I guess in a way it's like getting into Green Day around Dookie times. I just assume that everyone got into them then, seeing as they were so huge :lol:

OH, and look what I found in my photobucket - this was my entry to win tickets or a meet-and-greet or something:

Oh 2007. U SO FUNNY.

I wore that into 3 pits, too. God it was hot.

Nice hair. Is that yours?

Lol, no wonder they complained that they boiled in those suits... sweat in a bag. Yuck.

pasalaska

Yup, that's my real hair right there.

I never did get to see them in their amazing Black Parade gear :(

DoodleBob

Woot! First page in the MCR thread!

GWRO.gif

We're gunna have to fill it up with GIFs all over again. :shifty:

So, even though I've probably posted it about twice already, I'll contribute the the "I've been a fan since.."

When I was 8 my friend showed me the Helena video. I was captured by the dancers, the sound, and of course Gerard. Note that I was 8, so he actually creeped me out. :lol: (But not really in a bad way.) I didn't know that MCR were the masterminds behind the song until months later. So I guess I could say I've loved them for 6 years now.

This sumer was when I actually got into them though. I asked my twitter followers to give me some good bands. (Because I literally only listened to Green Day for a year and a half. I was like really obsessed.) All of the replies were MCR and song sugestions. I listened to them, and I loved them instantly.

I'd have to say Cancer was the song that convinced me this band was great.

I missed them on this tour. (I was so fucking pissed. They were 30mins away and I couldn't see them. :cry: )But I'm praying they will come back soon.

Undómiel

So, some shameless plugging for one of my fav bands.

The Blackout are on Kerrang! Radio in a takeover right now. Sorta linked to MCR due to them support in them back in Feb.... :P

Guest Charlotte.

Nicely done, Bryony :lol:

We're gunna have to fill it up with GIFs all over again. :shifty:

tumblr_lecui4UsKu1qbjb95.gif

I just really wanted to use that gif, idk.

Undómiel

^That gif... bahahahaha. It's like the turbo chair.

raven052

1st page of an MCR thread?!?!?! I have never seen one of those before *approaches carefully*...

:lol: That's exactly what I felt like too.

And yes, Karly (and everyone), gifs gifs gifs :D (I hardly have any so... all contributions are welcome!)

Clockwise

I was lucky enough to see them on The Black Parade tour in full costume, was super awesome.

Anyways, I was wearing my MCR t-shirt today and this girl who wears Lil' Wayne t-shirts all the time said "Hey, I love MCR! They're the only rock band that I listen to!"

Thought that was pretty awesome.

DoodleBob

Anyways, I was wearing my MCR t-shirt today and this girl who wears Lil' Wayne t-shirts all the time said "Hey, I love MCR! They're the only rock band that I listen to!"

Thought that was pretty awesome.

I was wearing my MCR shirt today too! I got atleast 3 complements on it. One was from a guy wearing a Pink Floyd shirt. I thought that was cool. :)

And yes, Karly (and everyone), gifs gifs gifs :D (I hardly have any so... all contributions are welcome!)

FIW.gif

Don't worry, I won't disappoint. ;)

raven052

Don't worry, I won't disappoint. ;)

I know you won't. (and that one was lovely :happy: )

Also, on the subject of t-shirts, my new MCR one came today! Slightly late birthday present from my parents. It's the 'halloween' one they did this year. It's lovely, even my parents (who tend to roll their eyes whenever I get band t-shirts...) said that it actually looked really nice on.

Guest Charlotte.

Okay so a while back we were discussing how great a LOTMS or something similar to it for Danger Days or TBP and Danger Days combined would be, or something, yeah? Well the other day I came across a recording of a livestream that happened aaages ago and in that they answered a question about it. Apparently they don't have cameras out with them to film stuff, really, but I think they said that they'd like to do another.

Does anyone even have a clue about what I'm talking about? :unsure:

Challenge accepted.

tumblr_lda2hqhhJ41qe55ru.gif

raven052

Okay so a while back we were discussing how great a LOTMS or something similar to it for Danger Days or TBP and Danger Days combined would be, or something, yeah? Well the other day I came across a recording of a livestream that happened aaages ago and in that they answered a question about it. Apparently they don't have cameras out with them to film stuff, really, but I think they said that they'd like to do another.

Does anyone even have a clue about what I'm talking about? :unsure:

Challenge accepted.

Yeah, I remember the conversation we were having about it, didn't know they said they wanted to do another though. That's pretty cool :happy: I know you said it was ages ago, but was this interview earlier this year, last year?

And, why thank you ;)

Guest Charlotte.

Yeah, I remember the conversation we were having about it, didn't know they said they wanted to do another though. That's pretty cool :happy: I know you said it was ages ago, but was this interview earlier this year, last year?

And, why thank you ;)

It was earlier this year I think. I'm just going to try find it again for you :)

You're welcome :P

EDIT:

That's it. They mention it at around 8.15

Undómiel

Well they suck.

Get cameras out with you then.

DoodleBob

I know you won't. (and that one was lovely :happy: )

Also, on the subject of t-shirts, my new MCR one came today! Slightly late birthday present from my parents. It's the 'halloween' one they did this year. It's lovely, even my parents (who tend to roll their eyes whenever I get band t-shirts...) said that it actually looked really nice on.

;)

Oh! I saw that shirt in the online store! It looks so sweet!

This was my first time seeing this, and it was cool.

"Can you describe My Chemical Romance in one word?"

"Friends."

:wub:

But did they fucking say that Disenchanted was their least favorite song to play? I think I might go cry now. :cry:

Well they suck.

Get cameras out with you then.

I know right?!? It's not like they can't afford it! Too bad Flip went out of buisness.

Oh, and I found out that my hair dresser likes My Chemical Romance! :lol:

She asked me what song was playing on the radio, and I said I didn't know because I don't listen to that kind of music, and then she asked what I listened too. I said Green Day and MCR and she said she loved them. Then she proceeded to ask which MCR song was about a band, and I said Welcome to the Black Parade. Then we started singing the song together.

Best. Hairdresser. Ever.

Emilie

;)

Oh! I saw that shirt in the online store! It looks so sweet!

This was my first time seeing this, and it was cool.

"Can you describe My Chemical Romance in one word?"

"Friends."

:wub:

But did they fucking say that Disenchanted was their least favorite song to play? I think I might go cry now. :cry:

I know right?!? It's not like they can't afford it! Too bad Flip went out of buisness.

Oh, and I found out that my hair dresser likes My Chemical Romance! :lol:

She asked me what song was playing on the radio, and I said I didn't know because I don't listen to that kind of music, and then she asked what I listened too. I said Green Day and MCR and she said she loved them. Then she proceeded to ask which MCR song was about a band, and I said Welcome to the Black Parade. Then we started singing the song together.

Best. Hairdresser. Ever.

She sounds like an awesome hairdresser. :o

My hairdresser likes Pink. And she listens to the pop station. I guess that station does play Sing and Na Na Na sometimes, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't like them.

DoodleBob

She sounds like an awesome hairdresser. :o

My hairdresser likes Pink. And she listens to the pop station. I guess that station does play Sing and Na Na Na sometimes, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't like them.

P!nk. :ermm: She's not the worst pop artist, but I don't really like her.

Yea, I haven't heard Sing in awhile, and I've honestly never heard Na Na Na on the raido before. :(

Now I know who I can go with to see MCR when they come back. :shifty:

Emilie

P!nk. :ermm: She's not the worst pop artist, but I don't really like her.

Yea, I haven't heard Sing in awhile, and I've honestly never heard Na Na Na on the raido before. :(

Now I know who I can go with to see MCR when they come back. :shifty:

Same here. My sister loves her though.

I heard Sing on the radio the other day! Every afternoon the station I listen to does an hour of requests and Sing was one of them. It was so weird hearing it out loud for one of the first times. There are things you miss when listening through headphones, don't you think? I reckon you can hear more...emotion in Gerard's voice when it's out loud instead of through earphones.

BringMoreKnives

Interesting you say that, because I've noticed it too. I've seen them over 3 different album 'eras'. For Three Cheers and Black Parade, they were fun, excited, happy, etc live, but when I saw them most recently in September, it seemed very different. It was like... less inclusive, somehow. It was very much 'you stand in the crowd and watch us play, because that is what we are here for' rather than the 'how exciting to be playing for you' vibe that I got back in 2005 and 2007.

Yea, I saw them back in September for the first on the Honda Civic tour, and I kinda expected them to have the same stage presense as Green Day (y'know, all epic and whatnot), seeing as Green Day was the only other band I saw live before. But then I was like: " Oh...This is different. :mellow:" But still, I'm not gonna complain 'cause I was lucky I got to go at all.

I would have loved to have seen them play live in the Revenge era, though. I would so happy if they did another tour where they wore Revenge style stage clothes and just play the whole album all the way though. :P

AwePuppy

tomorrow they will post the winners of the killjoy contest from what the rules said, i wonder who won

DoodleBob

Same here. My sister loves her though.

I heard Sing on the radio the other day! Every afternoon the station I listen to does an hour of requests and Sing was one of them. It was so weird hearing it out loud for one of the first times. There are things you miss when listening through headphones, don't you think? I reckon you can hear more...emotion in Gerard's voice when it's out loud instead of through earphones.

Yea, you miss alot when you listen through headphones. You know how the beginngin of Party Poison goes? (The sweet guitar part and then that Japanese stuff?) Like for some reason, when I'm listening to it on my iPod, the guitar part is barely there. :dry: It annoys me so much!

tomorrow they will post the winners of the killjoy contest from what the rules said, i wonder who won

:runaround: I hope I made runnerup or something!

Monica.

I've been a fan since Revenge era. I only saw them live twice. The first time, I was lucky enough to meet them and got barricade thanks to the girl who decided to get a drink right before the intro. They're wonderful live, probably my second favorite after GD. If I would be able to go back, I would have loved to see them in The Black Parade tour. :D

Undómiel

I've been a fan since Revenge era. I only saw them live twice. The first time, I was lucky enough to meet them and got barricade thanks to the girl who decided to get a drink right before the intro. They're wonderful live, probably my second favorite after GD. If I would be able to go back, I would have loved to see them in The Black Parade tour. :D

Do tell.

raven052

:runaround: I hope I made runnerup or something!

I forgot to tell you when you posted the pictures, I was really impressed with yours. Loved all the added meanings you had for everything. :happy:

Do tell.

I concur!