Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liam

My Chemical Romance

Liam

I'm gonna carry on the tradition of new My Chemical Romance threads seeing that the last one is at almost at 400 pages.

So I've only been a fan for about a year since a few friends on here introduced me to them. A couple of years ago I use to think they were a bunch of "emo fags" before I actually learnt more about them and how they are against the emo label. I'm actually waiting for them to tour Australia at the moment, they come in January but at a festival they aren't even headlining with other bands I'm really into

pasalaska

First page of a My Chem thread. WEIRD.

I've been a fan since 2005 :) First saw them at my first concert, when they opened for Green Day in December 2005 in Melbourne. They were the first band I ever saw in a concert, actually.

Emilie

New thread?

tumblr_lo6qgdUiWS1qhqc6no1_500.gif

Carrying on with the "I've been a fan since..." thing, I really got into them about 4 months ago, when I remembered that weird song my friend used to sing to me and looked up the lyrics. I didn't really have much of an opinion of them before I started listening. I wasn't even aware of the whole emo thing.

Zero.

Seeing them live next year :D

raven052

Well, goodness me, a new thread :D

Well, y'know, I'm sure you guys probably have no idea about my 'little' obsession with My Chemical Romance, I feel I've been terribly quiet about it, especially on the previous MCR thread... ;) (and I certainly do not fangirl over Gerard :shifty:)

Anyhoo, I went into great detail not all that long ago about my love of these wonderful guys, but, since we have a new thread and this is the first page of said thread, I'll do a brief recap.

First got into My Chemical Romance back in 2004. First video I saw of theirs was, naturally, 'I'm Not Okay', and I still remember thinking how cool it was. Remained a fan ever since, always crediting them as my favourite band, though never quite going 'insane' over them. Saw them live once back in 2007 (tickets were a birthday present :D ) Never stopped listening to them, but honestly thought we weren't going to get anything else from them. Then they ambushed me with Danger Days! :lol: Very pleased they did. So yeah, I think it was probably about Febuary I finally went crazy for them, and have remained that way ever since. :D

Four.

I've always liked their music, but I can say I've really been a fan since 2009. I saw them live when they opened for Blink on the Civic Tour, and I greatly regret not being able to have seen them when they came here alone at the Metropolis. Next time they do come here though, I'll go for sure!

Sarcasm

Saw them live in 2010. They stood still for two hours, huge dissapointment! I'm such a huge fan, but they didn't seem to enjoy being on stage at all.

I've seen Life on the Murder Scene a million times, and they come forward as a extremly energetic band with this sick stage show with Iero jumping around, Ray Toro head banging, Gerard feeling sexy and teasing the audience and Mikey just being himself. He's tiny, little self.

Bob quit the band, I think he had kids or something.. And the new hired drummer got caught stealing in the tour bus, so he's no more -.-

But I got Ray Toro's guitar pick that day, that made it worth it, and they played Mama AND Headfirst for Halos, my favorite MCR tunes! =D Too bad they've lost all the energy D:

darenmay

liked them since 2006. never seen them live since i missed the show when they toured here, which definitely was the greatest regret of my life.

anyway, this is the like the 3rd or the 4th MCR thread already!! hooooray!

tumblr_lrdsa3lfPZ1qfoc2eo1_500.gif

Guest Charlotte.

Oh hello there much shorter (new) mcr thread.

On the subject of "I've been a fan since...":

The first mcr song I ever heard was Famous Last Words during the TBP era, but it wasn't until Danger Days was announced that I really began to love their music. I've seen them once (so far), in February this year, and though they were absolutely brilliant live. The show also included Bulletproof Heart's live debut, which was rather amazing because it's one of my favourite mcr songs :happy:

ConfirmPassword

Well I have been a fan for... Hmmm about two months :happy: And I saw them in march, where I only knew I few songs. I had the time of my life anyway :D It was with my friend who is a huge fan, and it was her who introduced them to me. I knew most of the songs from Danger Days since I had the album, but actually never really listened to it that much. I have heard some of the other songs once before. One of them was Cancer, and even though I had only heard it once, it almost made me cry at concert :wub:

Anyway after the concert I started listening to the album alot!! Some of the songs were like all the time. And then a few months ago I bought the Black Parade and I LOVE it.

So I gotta say, I'm not that big of a fan, but I think they're freaking great!!! :D

My friend is totally fangirling over Gerard it's so cute :lol: And it makes me fangirl A LITTLE too :shy:

SmidtsPie°

I think i've been a fan for about a year now.. :happy: I really got into them a couple months before "Na Na Na.." came out as a single. I bought The Black Parade, and then it was the only thing i listened to for many many weeks :3 I wanted to go to thier concert in Denmark so bad, but my parents wouldn't let me ): ..

I don't like Danger Days as much as the old stuff, i'm more into the dark stuff. (: But i'm sooo excited for the new album!

... I just really love them :)

Undómiel

1st page of an MCR thread?!?!?! I have never seen one of those before *approaches carefully*...

Been a fan since 2006, seen 'em live 4 times. Love 'em to bits. Need to know anymore?

Katarina.

New MCR thread, nice :lol: I can't really say I'm a fan, but I've liked their music since spring 2007. Favorite record right now.. still Revenge!

Drankolz

I will continue the "knowing since" thing.

I first got into them in 2006 when a friend showed me Teenagers.

I looked for stuff on youtube and liked it, and so I bought the Black Parade and fell in love with it. Its my favourite MCR Album. I saw them live this summer and they were great. They are a tight band. STill, I don´t like the Danger Days stuff as much as the Black Parade and Three Cheers. And I miss Bob Bryar, though Pedicone was a good replacement in my opinion. I don´t know anything about the guy they have now, so I don´t say anything.

pasalaska

Saw them live in 2010. They stood still for two hours, huge dissapointment! I'm such a huge fan, but they didn't seem to enjoy being on stage at all.

Too bad they've lost all the energy D:

Interesting you say that, because I've noticed it too. I've seen them over 3 different album 'eras'. For Three Cheers and Black Parade, they were fun, excited, happy, etc live, but when I saw them most recently in September, it seemed very different. It was like... less inclusive, somehow. It was very much 'you stand in the crowd and watch us play, because that is what we are here for' rather than the 'how exciting to be playing for you' vibe that I got back in 2005 and 2007.

Clockwise

I've been a fan since 2005, I've seen them a total of 6 times (which is fucking crazy)!

I so disagree about their energy diminishing, all through out the Danger Days era they've seemed so happy and excited about being in the band and playing shows.

Guest Charlotte.

I feel a little like the whole Killjoys thing has sort of... wandered off somewhere? I feel like it's been kind of rushed, or something, in a way. I don't know.

Interesting you say that, because I've noticed it too. I've seen them over 3 different album 'eras'. For Three Cheers and Black Parade, they were fun, excited, happy, etc live, but when I saw them most recently in September, it seemed very different. It was like... less inclusive, somehow. It was very much 'you stand in the crowd and watch us play, because that is what we are here for' rather than the 'how exciting to be playing for you' vibe that I got back in 2005 and 2007.

Woah, wait a moment, you saw them in the Revenge 'era'?! Insane amount of jealousy :o

Undómiel

I think it varies show to show.

Birmingham in feb = Epic

Newcastle in feb = disappointing...

Leeds fest = BEYOND EPIC.

So I think it really differs... maybe not such a good thing. :/

pasalaska

I feel a little like the whole Killjoys thing has sort of... wandered off somewhere? I feel like it's been kind of rushed, or something, in a way. I don't know.

Woah, wait a moment, you saw them in the Revenge 'era'?! Insane amount of jealousy :o

Heh, yeah. Mikey still had glasses and the emo fringe and Frank was wearing his red and black striped jumper :D

It was the only time I ever saw them as a complete 5-piece as well...

Guest Charlotte.

Heh, yeah. Mikey still had glasses and the emo fringe and Frank was wearing his red and black striped jumper :D

It was the only time I ever saw them as a complete 5-piece as well...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Aw, haha, that's awesome :happy: I'd have loved to have seen them back then!

Once again, rather jealous that you did, hahah. I get why you didn't at the most recent show you went to, but how come you didn't see them as the complete 5-piece at the Parade show?

pasalaska

Oh. My. Gosh.

Aw, haha, that's awesome :happy: I'd have loved to have seen them back then!

Once again, rather jealous that you did, hahah. I get why you didn't at the most recent show you went to, but how come you didn't see them as the complete 5-piece at the Parade show?

I saw them 3 times in 2007, the first two times (at a festival then at a side-show) Frank was missing due to a loss in the family I think, and a guy called Todd(?) replaced him, and later that year Bob was missing due to his leg burn infection.

Guest Charlotte.

I saw them 3 times in 2007, the first two times (at a festival then at a side-show) Frank was missing due to a loss in the family I think, and a guy called Todd(?) replaced him, and later that year Bob was missing due to his leg burn infection.

... Shall I even bother to point out my jealousy again? :lol: 3 times?! Nice.

Seriously though, that sucks, although it's totally understandable on their part to be fair...

pasalaska

... Shall I even bother to point out my jealousy again? :lol: 3 times?! Nice.

Seriously though, that sucks, although it's totally understandable on their part to be fair...

Heh, it was pretty awesome for them to come to Aus twice in one year. Ray actually remembered me between the two tours, which were about 6 months apart. That was so damn cool - he pointed at me at the end of the show and was all 'I REMEMBER YOUUU!' :happy:

and yeah, totally understandable, but also disappointing.

I used to be a hella hardcore fan. Mum even made this for me:

blackparade002.jpg

Undómiel

ASDFGHJKL

- Mikey with glasses?!?

- Frank Revenge era?!?!

- BLACK PARADE TOUR?!?!?!

Jealous does not even...

:P

Guest Charlotte.

^ that :lol:

Heh, it was pretty awesome for them to come to Aus twice in one year. Ray actually remembered me between the two tours, which were about 6 months apart. That was so damn cool - he pointed at me at the end of the show and was all 'I REMEMBER YOUUU!' :happy:

and yeah, totally understandable, but also disappointing.

Hahaha, aw, seriously?! That's so amazing (and lovely of him)! :happy:

Yeah, I guess so. Still, it would've been more disappointing if they'd cancelled the shows completely, right?