Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Wilson Ramos kidnapped in Velezuela

News

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jacob.

Jacob.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2009
  • 355 rep
From the Washington Post:

Awful news to pass along. Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has been kidnapped in his hometown of Valencia, Venezuela, according to his Venezuelan winter league team.

Ramos, 24, had gone home for the winter and planned to participate in roughly 10 games with Tigres de Aragua, starting Thursday. He is one of the Nationals’ best, most promising players, a rookie this past season who became the Nationals’ regular catcher.

Four people, armed, went into Ramos’s family’s house Wednesday night and took Ramos, and only Ramos, out of the house, put him in a green vehicle and sped away, according to multiple news reports out of Venezuela. Ramos’s family has not established communication with the kidnappers, the reports said.

Terrible news for his family, his teammates, and Nationals fans.

I thought he had a bright future with the Twins, but he was traded away. I obviously wish his family the best until he is released from the kidnappers.

Spider Tre

Spider Tre
  • The Magic Man with the Magic Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2007
  • 317 rep
damn, i hope he gets returned safe and unharmed. too bad this story is being completely overshadowed on ESPN by the whole Penn State fiasco

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Tear down the wall!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,456 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,902 rep
Who woulld want to kidnap a baeball star? Gah. :/ that's just awful.

Jacob.

Jacob.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2009
  • 355 rep

Who woulld want to kidnap a baeball star? Gah. :/ that's just awful.

For ransom. But in an article I read, I thought it said 98% of all kidnapping victims in Venezuela are released unconditionally.

Spider Tre

Spider Tre
  • The Magic Man with the Magic Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2007
  • 317 rep
http://mlb.mlb.com/n...20205498729-996

Ramos found and rescued safely by Venezuelan Authorities. now time to move out of Venezuela

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,527 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,223 rep
Only reason he was found, he has money.
Otherwise authorities don't give a fuck.

Good thing he was rescued :)

• karma1215 likes this

karma1215

karma1215
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2007
  • 219 rep
Awesome news!

Ducky

Ducky
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined Oct 24, 2010
  • 93 rep
happy they rescued him, i wish the latin countries such as this and mexico would get the whole kidnapping and cartel shit under control

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

happy they rescued him, i wish the latin countries such as this and mexico would get the whole kidnapping and cartel shit under control

I wouldn't count on that happening anytime soon. The cartels own the government, at least in Mexico. Anyone who acts against them gets their head mailed home in a cardboard box. I strongly believe that it will take foreign intervention in Mexico before meaningful change happens there.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Tear down the wall!

• 17,456 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,902 rep

I wouldn't count on that happening anytime soon. The cartels own the government, at least in Mexico. Anyone who acts against them gets their head mailed home in a cardboard box. I strongly believe that it will take foreign intervention in Mexico before meaningful change happens there.

And hopefully it's not America. The last thing we need is to look even more like imperialist assholes than we already do.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

And hopefully it's not America. The last thing we need is to look even more like imperialist assholes than we already do.

Having lived near the Mexican border at one of its most violent points (Tijuana and the surrounding desert), American troops or aerial drones being sent in to take out the cartel heads is actually something I wouldn't complain too much about. I really believe it's the only way to restore peace to Mexico. Get in, clean out the cartel heads, get out, send the Mexican government a "You're Welcome" card. Sends a very powerful message that we don't appreciate their thugs running drugs into America and killing our citizens who go south of the border, and we definitely don't appreciate the way they commit horrific acts of terrorism in Mexican towns and cities. Cartels will and do kill civilians to prove a point. They'll also use civilians as human shields during shootouts with the Mexican military. One of their favorite tricks is to kidnap and kill anyone who speaks out against them, then either mail their severed head back to their family, or stake it up in town Lord of the Flies style.

You'd hope that the US would at least tell the Mexican president before launching anything, but you almost wonder if the corruption reaches so high that even he can't be trusted. In Mexico, you just don't know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users