Stay The Night

pasalaska

Bold choice :)

I like it!

I've always hoped this song will be released as a studio track some time, but so far the band has failed us. Well, they don't fail us at all, but they fail us in giving us a studio version of Stay the Night. Anyway, Great Song!

Cheers! (Now i sound british lol. HI TONY!!!!)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love this song. It's so straightforward, and I love the old-school sound of it. Cannot freaking wait for the new album to come out. :D

I never have heard this one song before! Thanks for showing it to me! I am in loving with it!!!!

Perfect choice! It's my favorite from unreleased songs! I eagerly want to know how Green Day changed it but I love it so much in the "Marlay Park version".

I think it's the one of the most romantic songs Billie Joe ever wrote! The most exciting moment for me is when Billie sings "I don't wanna SAY good-bye" in the end of the first chorus. Billie's hoarse voice makes me mad :wub:

My favorite line is:

"Why won't you stay and cure the circles round my eyes/ And we can watch the stars until the sun begins to rise" - very beautiful! :bunny:

Thank you, Aska, for this Song of the week!

I aint got much time so I'll get to the point...

I think I'll be the 4th in the thread to say I was lucky enough to be there at the Marlay Park soundcheck for the first time! I'm the last voice to shout "Hi Aoife!" at the end of the video :P

As for the song itself, a great classic rock sound that I hope stays true to itself in the final studio version. Maybe I'm being too optimistic in saying there will be a final studio version, but I really hope so, no GD song will have as much meaning to me as Stay The Night does. For me it is one of the several things that symbolize 2 days were everything was right in my world. I was hanging out with great people and seeing the band I love, very little has ever or probably will ever come close to it.

To have all those emotions encapsulated into one song is a fortunate blessing for me!

I was incredibly lucky to be at that soundcheck too :wub:

I'm really looking forward to hearing how Green Day have changed this song, and fingers crossed it ends up on the next album.

This song brings me back to one of the best times of my life. ALOT has changed since, but this song reminds me of another time when things were alot less complicated.

I honestly havent listened to any of the new stuff just because my computer is slow but i think that it will help me when the "new album" comes out. I wont have any clue of the sound they have been "secretly" playing so it will be a cool experience for me. I love the song though, obviously, this is the first "new" GD song ive listened to and it sounds great!! Sounds like a mix between Foxboro and Old Green Day. The sound is undescribable, but sounds very much like a Green Day song. I just hope they record it so we can hear a more clear version of it. I think this song would be great if recorded. Nice job GD, you have made another great song!! :D

Aw I love this song. Curious as to how they've changed it & how it'll sound if it makes the album.

I rarely comment on or keep up with SOTW but I did watch the video for this one (hadn't taken the time before) because I was curious to see if I could tell the difference between that version and what I heard recently at the Halloween show in NYC. In short, I couldn't really tell much difference. I suppose people who listened to the version played at Marley Park in the video a bunch might recognize more differences, in lyrics specifically. There were many people in the crowd who recognized the song right away and started singing along, but it was all new to me hearing it for the first time last month.

Definitely one of the new ones that stuck out to me - it was great. It also seemed more polished - you can tell they have been practicing this song together for a longer time period than some of the others. I hope it makes it onto the new album.

I rarely comment on or keep up with SOTW but I did watch the video for this one (hadn't taken the time before) because I was curious to see if I could tell the difference between that version and what I heard recently at the Halloween show in NYC. In short, I couldn't really tell much difference. I suppose people who listened to the version played at Marley Park fin the video a bunch might recognize more differences, in lyrics specifically. There were many people in the crowd who recognized the song right away and started singing along, but it was all new to me hearing it for the first time last month.

Definitely one of the new ones that stuck out to me - it was great. It also seemed more polished - you can tell they have been practicing this song together for a longer time period than some of the others. I hope it makes it onto the new album.

That's cool to know, thanks! Glad to hear there doesn't seem to be much difference and that it's great!

I rarely comment on or keep up with SOTW but I did watch the video for this one (hadn't taken the time before) because I was curious to see if I could tell the difference between that version and what I heard recently at the Halloween show in NYC. In short, I couldn't really tell much difference. I suppose people who listened to the version played at Marley Park in the video a bunch might recognize more differences, in lyrics specifically. There were many people in the crowd who recognized the song right away and started singing along, but it was all new to me hearing it for the first time last month.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

• 9 months later...

I haven't listened to it yet and I'm not sure whether I should give it a listen or not.. :\

I haven't listened to it yet and I'm not sure whether I should give it a listen or not.. :\

Aww do it, it's my favorite!

The new, polished version of this song makes my insides happy. Amazing how subtle changes can make a great song phenomenal.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCsnzx6gLzk

Those subtles changes made me change my opinion of this song. Before I thought it was just flat, now I love how it sounds!!!

• 1 month later...

Amazing song <3

I like these type of videos, they are much better than nude girls dancing around the band.

Archived