Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

miragots

(Sorry if this has been made already... I'm somewhat new to this)

This thread is for anyone and everyone to post their favorite quotes or lyrics from Green Day songs :D

Just state the quote or lyrics, and please say who said it or what song it's from.

Some of my favorite lyrics are:

"This city's burning, it's not my burden" (Letterbomb)

"It says, 'Home is where your heart is,' but what a shame, cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same. It's beating out of time." (Jesus of Suburbia)

"I feel lonely for all the losers that will never take the time to say what's really on their mind. Instead, they just hide away." (When It's Time)

My favorite quote:

"I never thought that being obnoxious would get me where I am now." -Billie Joe Armstrong

Hope you guys enjoy this!!! ;)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, my favorite GD sentencce is the one you pick from JOS, it is also the one I did for the AI 7th anniversary vid

my favorite quote " Music to me is the air I breath, the blood that pumps through my veins, that keeps me alive, without it I don't know what I ever do" BJA

The most inspiring lyrics to me are:

"Suck my dick until your lips fall off."

and

"Put my nuts in your mouth, bitch, like you was a squirrel.

Work on the shaft, cradle the balls

Baby dont bite it it, just get in on. Get it on"

:)

The most inspiring lyrics to me are:

"Suck my dick until your lips fall off."

and

"Put my nuts in your mouth, bitch, like you was a squirrel.

Work on the shaft, cradle the balls

Baby dont bite it it, just get in on. Get it on"

Yes, Like A Rat Does Cheese has the most inspirational lyrics for me :P

Favorite lyric

"You cant go forcing something if its just not right" - when i come around

" gotta make a plan gotta do whats right cant run around in circles if you wanna build a life well i dont wanna make a plan for a day far away while im young and while im able all i wanna do is..." - J.A.R

Favorite Green Day Quote

"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiances anymore" - Billie Joe

My favorite lyric, I agree with "Home is where the heart is but what a shame 'cause everyones heart doesn't beat the same, it's beating out of time" from JOS. That lyric is so true. Billie Joe Armstrong, you are one amazing poet

I'm branded; Maladjusted.

Never trusted anyone, let alone myself.

I must insist on being a pessimist.

I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind.

Favorite lyrics:

Everybody loves a joke

But no one likes a fool

And you're always cracking the same old lines again

Favorite quote:

“To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything that's successful is a series of mistakes.”

"I may be dumb but I'm not stupid enough to stay with you" - Stuart and the Ave.

i actually used this line to break up with someone 8)

"Well I, I Just Wanna See The Light" - See The Light

i think this one can have many meanings which is why its one of my favorite songs :D

Lyrics:

"I started fuckin' running, just as soon as my feet touched the ground." (Homecoming)

"I throw away my past mistakes and contemplate my future." (Going to Pasalacqua)

"No one here is getting out alive. This time I've really lost my mind and I don't care. So close your eyes and kiss yourself goodbye. And think about the times you spent and what they've meant.." (Having a Blast)

"Then I drank the water from a hurricane. And I set a fire just to see the flame." (See the Light)

"It says, 'Home is where your heart is', but what a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same." (Jesus of Suburbia)

Quote:

"To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything that's successful is a series of mistakes."

:happy:

i love all quotes and lyrics :lol:

but here are some of my faves:

Lyrics:

Home is where your heart is, but what a shame, cos everyone's heart doesn't beat the same, it's beating out of time.

Did you stand to close to the fire?...like a lier looking for forgiveness?...like a liar looking for forgiveness...from a stone.

Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go.

Quotes:

BJA:

"Y'know"

"I don't want to limit myself musically. It would be really limiting if we'd neglect something we really want to do, like explore other styles of music."

"Music - that's been my education. There's not a day that goes by that I take it for granted. "

"School is practice for the future, practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect - so why practice?"

“We don't really have a fair system, our social system doesn't work if you're poor in the US you're dirt poor and the distribution of wealth is more than uneven. If you're poor and you get sick you have no health insurance, no financial security, nothing. if that could be changed I wouldn't mind paying more tax, but I mind my taxes being spent on wars!”

Mike:

"all my religious beliefs are based on Star Wars!"

"Putting that song on our record was the the most punk thing we could do." (on the song Good Riddance-Time of Your Life)

"I have a Rolex collection and a diamond collection. I`d like to find the biggest diamond I could find and eat it and pick it out of my shit the next day."

"I always said the world was a better place because of Joey Ramone."

Tre:

"I can suck my own."

"No man can eat 50 eggs!!"

"Home is where your heart is but what a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same..."

-Jesus of Suburbia (I actually said that to my friend and she was like, "Where did you hear that? That's really good. You didn't make that up, it's really good.")

"I don't feel any shame, I won't apologize..."

-Jesus of Suburbia

"What the hell's, your name?"

-Homecoming

"Weather the storm and don't look back on last November,"

-¡Viva La Gloria!

"I think it's alright that i do what i like, 'cuz that's the way i want to live."

also, i have these arm tattoos- i know i've talked about them before... they are not outwardly green day tattoos but are somewhat green day inspired. One is very happy and joyful, one is very dark and sad. The happy one is called "To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy". The sad one is called "here comes the rain again, falling from the stars." It's a depression inspired thing (which sounds somewhat selfish and babyish or whatever, but what the fuck, that's been my life. I need something to remind me of good things when i'm sad, and i need something to remind me to always appreciate the good things because sad times could be right around the corner."

I was going to post something else but i couldn't remember it so i went to the quotes page to try and look it up, instead i got distracted by the quote about Tre being able to tie his foreskin in a knot and now i can't stop laughing. So much for that! (i think that is my new favorite, btw.)

Lyrics:

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies - Holiday

Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise - Longview

Little girl, little girl you dirty liar. You're just a junkie preaching to the chor - Little Girl

Quotes:

"I'm not gonna say anything inspirational...I'm just gonna fucking swear a lot." - Billie Joe

"Somebody fuck me!" - Billie Joe

"Ya know" - Billie Joe

"I can suck my own." - Tre Cool

"Green Day is like sex. When we good we're really good! When we're bad... we're still pretty damn good!" - Mike Dirnt

- Mike Dirnt

Lyrics:

-Gotta make a plan gotta do what's right, can't run around in circles if you wanna build a life but I don't wanna make a plan for a day far away while I'm young and while I'm able all I wanna do is..

- She's an extraordinary girl, in an ordinary world and she can't seem to get a way

- She sees the mirror of herself, an image she wants to sell, to anyone willing to buy

- Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

Quotes:

Billie:

- "If someone falls down please pick them back up. Just because there's not a fuckin' camera in your face doesn't mean you don't have to lookout for each other."

- "Do you wanna have sex and get married?"

Mike:

- "If you start planning too far ahead, the next thing you know you forget you're living today"

Tre:

- "I used to drink beer and smoke pot before I played. Now I drink tequila and smoke pot. So it's a little different"

"I wish people would turn off their computers, go outside, talk to people, touch people, lick people, enjoy each other's company and smell each other on the rump"

There are so many by Tre.

"No man can eat 50 eggs!"

"Condoms are for sailors"

"I can suck my own."

"Orange Mocha Frappucino!"

"I'M SO BEAUTIFUL! FUCK!"

"Hemophiliac and necrophiliac. I can't stop bleeding and I can't stop having sex with corpses."

"This isn't love and peace, this is fucking anarchy!"

"And my name's George W. Bush.... actually my name's asshole"

"Let's go shopping!"

Songs:

"I don't know you, but I think I hate you"

"I declare I don't care no more" "Throw my emotions in the grave, hell who needs them anyway"

"Bite my lip and close my eyes / Take me away to paradise / I'm so damn bored I'm going blind / And I smell like SHIT"

"So stand aside and let the next one pass / Don't let the door kick you in the ass"

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. / I hope you had the time of your life."

"That's my name and don't you fucking wear it out"

"There's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be." = #1 favorite lyric of all time, forever and always. :wub: It's going to be my senior quote.

I'm such a procrastinator at times. I can always seem to relate to these lyrics.

"There's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy

There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy

He makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting

Someone help him up or he's gonna end up quitting"

"For crying out loud," she screamed unto me, "it's a free for all, fuck them all; you are your own sight."

These are all so awesome! It's nice to look through here and see all these quotes, because they make me smile!! :D

I was listening to Reject today and realized that this quote fits me perfectly right now:

"Who the hell are you to tell me what I am and what's my master plan? What makes you think that it includes you?"

And then also from Reject

"What's the difference between you and me? I do what I want, and you do what you're told. So listen up and shut the hell up. It ain't no big deal"

favorite lyric "Looking back what I have done, There's lots more life to live, At times I feel overwhelmed ,I question what I can give ,But I don't let it get me down

Or cause me too much sorrow ,There's no doubt about who I am ,I always have tomorrow" (I was there)

favorite quote "To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything that's successful is a series of mistakes." billie joe

"Whisper are you dieing in my ear" is one of my favorite lines from a Green Day song!

"Whisper are you dieing in my ear" is one of my favorite lines from a Green Day song!

I love it too!!! :) I love all their new stuff, especially Amy and stray heart. Amy's lyrics are absolutely beautiful!

Rotting is one of my favorite GD songs in a lyrical sense.

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

Archived