Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

miragots

2 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Oh, that must be REALLY stressful.:ermm:

I wish I could say I handle it well but I guess there's a reason why I'm sick so often. Having a schedule like this is probably the standard here though. However, I have no school on Saturdays.

2 hours ago, I don't care said:

My Mondays are absolutely fantastic. I start at 9.05 and go home at 11.45.

That's lovely. My school starts at 7:45 everyday (perhaps that's why I'm constantly sleep deprived :P) except for Fridays. I have Fridays from 9.30 to 2 + an extra class of guitar till 15:15 and that's the best day of my week. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellen Caulfield said:

I know! That's the worst thing about it :D But somehow since I was a child I didn't feel like one, but when you're aging and it's not going to stop it's really frustrating for me. I know it's maybe selfish to feel old at my age, but that's how I feel about it. I talked about it with my family several times, it's really helpful, but the feeling isn't quite gone yet :confused: I hope that I'll get over it till it's too late, working hard on that for about six years now. Thank you for your post :hug:

I get you, especially the third sentence, it's just scary to realize that you're never going to be a certain age again and getting older never stops. When I turned 20, I just couldn't understand how in the world did I get that old, I still felt 15 at most (I still do tbh :lol:), but now I'm realizing how young I actually am again, and I'm trying to be present and make the most of it.

With that said, I found the lyrics to "16" really relatable and comforting when I was growing up. Love that song. It's a scary feeling to know you can never have something again (experiences, good times you lived through), but the important thing is to concentrate on being glad that it happened in the first place.

1 minute ago, Marki. said:

I get you, especially the third sentence, it's just scary to realize that you're never going to be a certain age again and getting older never stops. When I turned 20, I just couldn't understand how in the world did I get that old, I still felt 15 at most (I still do tbh :lol:), but now I'm realizing how young I actually am again, and I'm trying to be present and make the most of it.

With that said, I found the lyrics to "16" really relatable and comforting when I was growing up. Love that song. It's a scary feeling to know you can never have something again (experiences, good times you lived through), but the important thing is to concentrate on being glad that it happened in the first place.

I'm with you. Same with me, it helps me a lot to see other young people, then I'm thinking Actually I am as young as them, which is cool and it calms me a little, but not for so long. Because then I see other people getting older and older, seeing the wrinkles on their faces that were once young, and the thought that they're not here for ever is just scary. I think being present is one of the options and maybe the only one actually how to get over it. But then at night or on the bus or anywhere else it just hits me again as hard as ever before. I don't know why, maybe it's just some kind of anxiety or what, I've never been to any psychologist to talk about my feelings and thoughts, I'm not able to. :ninja: 

Yeah, I love 16 too. The lyrics are simply perfect. I am comfortable with who I am now, I feel more confident about myself, but the time scares me a lot. I hope you'll be alright with that feelings as much as possible, I'm glad that there's someone else who understands :rose:

5 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

Jesus. The grammar on what you quoted me on was absolutely horrible.  Glad you could even understand it.

:) Yeah, to be completely honest with you, I remember around my mid to late 20s (as I was approaching 30) that sounded EXTREMELY old to me at the time.  It's not. I remember forgetting one year when I was turning 27 that in fact I was turning 26 (yes, I forgot how old I was for apparently a year, lol) and I was ecstatic on my birthday and had to look it up because I was so thrilled that I couldn't believe it. It was if I was gifted another year if I live to be 35 or 100.  Either way, it's a year.

As someone else rightfully pointed out, they feel their age making the years shrink and this is why you should enjoy life now because while yes, it's obviously the same time, because the percentages shrink you should enjoy the long years of your 20s and even 30s as this will feel like most of your life and right around your 30s things start to speed up every year, and they don't slow down.

I probably just made you more scared. Ha. Not my intention.  Again I am just saying it would being dishonest if I said I NEVER cared about my age.  It's a human characteristic to do so. We are thinking animals and unlike most animals know our own mortality.  The good news is that don't worry, it is all great! I promise so sit back and enjoy being young.  Sorry for delivering the same message, albeit longer and full of tangents.

I'm actually glad you understand my writing and grammar, since English is not my language.

Actually, you didn't scare me more, it's like that with me naturally. Don't worry :) It's actually quite helpful, so thanks for your time :) 

When I was a kid I thought that being 40 is old, which now I think is still quite young. It's definitely not 90, you know, which is good. Actually I think I'm 22 maybe half a year now, so I think that I get what you mean that you forget how old you were. But then I'm always nicely surprised I'm actually still 21. Haha weird how the mind is able to believe anything even if it's completely nonsenscical. With the fact that time seems to fly faster being older I agree. But it's unfair :D 

"I found a knife by the railroad track,

you took a train and you can't go back

Forever now,

Forever now, you'll roam" 

Just now, crock6000 said:

Well I think think we've covered the age thing but let's get on to the language one!  English is not your native tongue? I am amazed.  You write better than I (or me?). Ha. What is your first language if I may ask?

Well, thank you :blush: Czech is my first language, you know :) 

- The hell with unity...separation will kill us all! Torn to shreds and disjointed before the final fall.

- Elected, the rejected, I perfect the science of the idiot. No meaning, and no healing. Self loathing freak and introverted deviate.

- I think about, what your all about and I don't think I like what I see, sooooo I hope I won't be here in the end when you come around.

- Come together like a foot in a shoe, only this time I think I stuck my foot in my mouth.

- I'm on a mission made my decision lead a path of self-destruction. Slow progression, killing my complexion and it's rotting out my teeth.

- As I step to the edge of a shadow of a doubt, with my conscience beaming, like the pulse of a drum that hammers on and on till I reach the break of day. When you've lost all hope, and excuses, the cheap skates and the losers. Nothing's left, to cling onto, better hold on, hold on to yourself.

18 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Wow. Not even close to a romance language.  I want to teach Alexandra (my daughter) a foreign language that isn't a romance language.  When did you start to learn English?  That's the problem in America is that we are so landlocked with other English speaking people that we only learn English. I happened to learn Spanish simply because my first girlfriend when I was 12 or 13 was a Chilean and her parents didn't speak a word of English and I practically lived there for a couple years.

It is a very underrated thing in America to learn a second language and aside from the benefit of being able to speak another language, studies have completely proven that learning a second language makes you generally more intelligent.  Good stuff.

After I finished highschool I went to an English course, for one year, and because I learned German in my school years, I thouhgt that being able to speak English is a good idea. So basically it was two years ago. And of course reading GDC aside from watching movies or reading books helped a lot back in the day :D 

I also think it's a good idea to start with foreign language as soon as possible :) 

18 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

- The hell with unity...separation will kill us all! Torn to shreds and disjointed before the final fall.

- Elected, the rejected, I perfect the science of the idiot. No meaning, and no healing. Self loathing freak and introverted deviate.

- I think about, what your all about and I don't think I like what I see, sooooo I hope I won't be here in the end when you come around.

- Come together like a foot in a shoe, only this time I think I stuck my foot in my mouth.

- I'm on a mission made my decision lead a path of self-destruction. Slow progression, killing my complexion and it's rotting out my teeth.

- As I step to the edge of a shadow of a doubt, with my conscience beaming, like the pulse of a drum that hammers on and on till I reach the break of day. When you've lost all hope, and excuses, the cheap skates and the losers. Nothing's left, to cling onto, better hold on, hold on to yourself.

I love all of these, but the special place in my heart holds the last one you mentioned :) I fucking love Hold On

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, End Of The World said:

My day described by GD lyrics:

My life using some of my favourite lyrics from Rev Rad

6:30-7AM A new day dawning comes without warning (Troubled Times) - most mornings I'm awake before my alarm (the warning) goes off

6:31-7:01AM Cause I'm still breathing on my own (Still Breathing) - I'm still alive

7:20AM I'm well fed (Bang Bang) - I finish eating my breakfast

7:45AM Say goodbye to the ones that we love (Say Goodbye) - I say goodbye to my parents on my way to work

7:46AM and 5:01PM I'm running late to somewhere now (Somewhere Now) - my buses being late. Thankfully, I make it to work on time

9AM Life after youth, faded in twilight (Outlaws) - I'm no longer a youth now that I'm a mid-twentysomething working a 9 to 5 job

10PM The days into years roll by, its where that I live until I die (Ordinary World) - the end of the day. Also, the years are rolling by as 2016 has gone by so quick

I also like 'If this is what you call the good life, I want a better way to die' (Forever Now)

10 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

My life using some of my favourite lyrics from Rev Rad

6:30-7AM A new day dawning comes without warning (Troubled Times) - most mornings I'm awake before my alarm (the warning) goes off

6:31-7:01AM Cause I'm still breathing on my own (Still Breathing) - I'm still alive

7:20AM I'm well fed (Bang Bang) - I finish eating my breakfast

7:45AM Say goodbye to the ones that we love (Say Goodbye) - I say goodbye to my parents on my way to work

7:46AM and 5:01PM I'm running late to somewhere now (Somewhere Now) - my buses being late. Thankfully, I make it to work on time

9AM Life after youth, faded in twilight (Outlaws) - I'm no longer a youth now that I'm a mid-twentysomething working a 9 to 5 job

10PM The days into years roll by, its where that I live until I die (Ordinary World) - the end of the day. Also, the years are rolling by as 2016 has gone by so quick

I also like 'If this is what you call the good life, I want a better way to die' (Forever Now)

Great story.:D

My life using some Green Day lyrics:

I don't have fun and I hate everything (The Grouch)

- I'm like a junkie tying off for the last time. I'm like a loser that's betting on his last dime, oh, I'm still alive (favorite lines from the song)

- Talk is cheap and lies are expensive my wallets fat and so is my head, hit and run and then I'll hit you again, I'm smart ass but I'm playing dumb.

- Standards set and broken all the time, control the chaos behind a gun. Call it as I see it even if I was born deaf, blind and dumb.

- Losers winning big on the lottery, rehab rejects still sniffing glue..  every lyric in this song kills!!

- Cheapskate on the hill. A thrill seeker making deals, sugar city urchin wasting time! Town of lunatics, begging for another fix, turning tricks for speedballs one more night.

- Drugstore hooligan. Another white trash mannequin, on display to rot up on a hill. Living out a lie, but having the time of his life, hating every minute of his existence.  (some of the best Insomniac lyrics, love the heavy shit)

- A gunshot rings down at the station. Another urchin snaps and left dead on his own. It makes me wonder why I'm still here. For some strange reason its now feelin' like my home, and I'm never gonna go.

I love this thread so much! 

My faves off the top of my head

"I beg to dream and differ"- ( from the hollow lies)-  Holiday 

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come. I'm destined for anything at all"- Waiting

"She, she screams is silence the sullen riot penetrating through her mind" - she

"All her doubts were someone else point of view" - she

"You taught me how to live" - just because it's how I feel about Green Day in general

"It's not over till your underground. It's not over before it's too late". - Letterbomb

What good is love and peace on earth if it's exclusive?- troubled times.

Starry Nights City Lights shining down over me. Skyscrapers, Stargazers in my head- Are we the waiting- seriously considering this as a tattoo

"She said I can't take this place,

I'm leaving it behind.

She said I can't take this town,

I'm leaving you tonight."

When I first heard this lyric, it blew my mind, because it's just so blunt and not sugarcoated in any way. Just like how the Death of Saint Jimmy is described in Homecoming, it comes slowly to you in fragments what's happening, then it jumps to "Jimmy died today. He blew his brains out into the bay." 

Billie is a true wordsmith. :P

34 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

"She said I can't take this place,

I'm leaving it behind.

She said I can't take this town,

I'm leaving you tonight."

When I first heard this lyric, it blew my mind, because it's just so blunt and not sugarcoated in any way. Just like how the Death of Saint Jimmy is described in Homecoming, it comes slowly to you in fragments what's happening, then it jumps to "Jimmy died today. He blew his brains out into the bay." 

Billie is a true wordsmith. :P

Is this about Amanda

I didn't read through all the posts so I hope I'm not bursting anybodies bubble but my favorite quote is from Tre - "I can suck my own"

I, and and a lot of guys whether they admit it or not, have tried to suck their own.  I have back pain now, however, I can suck my tip.  Guess I'm small.

On 12/2/2016 at 3:30 PM, crock6000 said:

Wow. Not even close to a romance language.  I want to teach Alexandra (my daughter) a foreign language that isn't a romance language.  When did you start to learn English?  That's the problem in America is that we are so landlocked with other English speaking people that we only learn English. I happened to learn Spanish simply because my first girlfriend when I was 12 or 13 was a Chilean and her parents didn't speak a word of English and I practically lived there for a couple years.

It is a very underrated thing in America to learn a second language and aside from the benefit of being able to speak another language, studies have completely proven that learning a second language makes you generally more intelligent.  Good stuff.

This is off topic.  I have been punished sooo many times for being off topic.  I guess, well, Admiral Byrds' diary is quite fantastic.  Google it.  Oh, and this post is off topic.  

"Lights out
I lost myself
In the space between heaven and hell.
Lights out,
Finding my way,
Till I waste my time losing the way"

That's also some really great lyrics I can relate to a lot. I love Lights Out.

- Well I don't wanna be an imbecile, but Jesus made me that way.

- Old toys, this plastic heart. Loners and fools, are tearing me apart. Here comes trouble, the uninvited, this Brutal Love.

- Well everybody loves a joke but no one loves a fool, and you're always cracking the same old lines again.

What part of history we've learned, when it's repeated?

Some things we'll never overcome, if we don't seek it.

1: "Does the pain weigh out the pride?"

This line is like pure mindblown for me...

2: "I must insist
On being a pessimist
I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind."

3: "Conscions on a cross and your hearts in a vice,
Squeezing out your state of mind.
Are what you own that you cannot buy.
What a fucking tragedy,strategy
Screaming at you."

This one's pretty amazingly true

• 1 month later...

The line is amazing, and really what I'm feeling right now.

If this is what you call the good life, I want a better way to die.

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

Archived