Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

miragots

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I also like "she puts her make up on like graffiti in the walls of the heartland". Graffiti (and make up) - sign of individuality, making your mark, war paint.

"Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me, 'Till then I walk alone"

'Cause I'm very unsure about myself and rarely dare to tell someone how I feel about her. I try to spend as much time with her as possible and hope that she's got more guts than I do :/

Hey, does anyone know when Billie said the quote, "School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect. But nobody's perfect, so why practice."

I'm thinking about using it as my senior quote in the school yearbook:D:toocool:

-I'm not part of your elite I'm just alright

-Throw my emotions in the grave, hell who needs them anyway

-I'm not growing up I'm just burning out, and I've stepped in line to walk amongst the dead

-No time to search the world around, 'cause you know where I'll be found.. When I Come Around

-Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes, some call it the slums, some call it nice

-The world is a sick machine breeding a mass of shit, with such a desolate conclusion... fill the void with I don't care

-My immortal thoughts turned into just dreams of a dead future, it was a tragic case of my reality

-Don't call me up 'cause I'm not home. My whereabouts are now unknown. I've vanished away from all your joy, I am a disappearing boy.

-Sometimes I need to apologize. Sometimes I need to admit that I ain't right. Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut, or only say hello. Sometimes I still feel I'm walking alone.

God there are so many great lines I live by day to day.

6 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Hey, does anyone know when Billie said the quote, "School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect. But nobody's perfect, so why practice."

I'm thinking about using it as my senior quote in the school yearbook:D:toocool:

Please do!

15 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

This is an AWESOME lyrical phrase but I could pick about 100 off the top of my head that some up AI. It's one of the most quotable albums of all time.

My person favorite is from AI:

And there's nothing wrong with me. This is how I'm supposed to be

In a land of make believe
That don't believe in me

But JUST from JOS there is enough quotables for mortals entire albums.

Couldnt agree more, but for me isnt just the phrase which on it own is pure genius, its the delivery of the line, which is calming but at the same time, he sings with total and utter conviction, it hits you right in the feels, its mesmerizing , its just Billie Joe at the height of his powers and i fear he may never reach these heights again if revolution radio is anything to go by.

Mine would definitely have to be 

"I don't feel any shame, I won't apologise " from Jesus of Suburbia. That line just resonates with something in me:D

3 hours ago, crock6000 said:

I have never so more agreed and disagreed at the same time.

Were on with AI but RevRad and I'm beginning to see that maybe I'm in a minority is on par with their best stuff of all time bar none including AI.

As a musical entity, there isn't much doubt I think that AI is better but the personal connection for me is astronomical with RevRad.

Green Day has been the soundtrack to my entire life and for them when I'm just a little younger than Bills to come out with an album that speaks to the very thing at the very time and to create an album that I relate to like I'm 16 again and learning about life through song but with this it's more about a shared experience. Like we're looking back and forth at each other instead of just learning about his girlfriends, his old digs, his mental state after a night of partying, his father passing, and yes his politics of which I pretty much wholly agree with but this was the first album that I've ever listened to and I've listened to decades worth, This was the first that spoke with me rather than at me. Major difference and I'm not sure all agee or can have the view. Somewhere and Forevrer Now I am thinking are my favorite songs of all time. I can't quite get myself to say that but I think time will change that. It sort of already is.

What was I talking about?

I do still smoke weed after all. I just don't do drugs. :)

oh yeah, the difference. You like AI as do I and not RevRad and that is just fine. Just makes you wrong. ;)

Thanks Tanya for this image:

Well maybe thats where our differences lie, because funnily im 16 going on 17

3 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Yeah man. I've lived your life as an adult as long as you've been alive.

Youre gonna learn a lot. Be nice to everyone. Hope but don't demand they are nice back and I am hoping and praying your generation will do amazing things because it's the world my daughter is going to live in . (Otherwise I would say fuck all and kill yourselves, won't effect me).

Kidding, Sorta. ;) Yeah, the naïveté of someone your age is a wonderful thing but so is the wisdom that comes with the loss of that naïveté. Live while you're young and enjoy it. God knows I did and didn't care and often said that phrase to people like me now who would dole down their old man advice. Knowing shit is definitely a double edge sword.

Here is my life advice to you: pick the sword up from the middle and you'll have two swords! But protect my daughter, don't hurt her. ;)

You are wise beyond your years

Right now, I can relate a lot to "The days into years roll by" from Ordinary World. Maybe that's because it's almost Christmas and I once again realize that time flies by faster and faster every year, it's scary. This plus facing my 30th birthday next year just makes me feel so old :lol:

6 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Right now, I can relate a lot to "The days into years roll by" from Ordinary World. Maybe that's because it's almost Christmas and I once again realize that time flies by faster and faster every year, it's scary. This plus facing my 30th birthday next year just makes me feel so old :lol:

Me too. And the line "It seems so frightening - Time passes by like lightning" from Android. The worst thing about aging is that I feel old since I was 16/17 years old. I don't get it at all :D 

18 minutes ago, Ellen Caulfield said:

The worst thing about aging is that I feel old since I was 16/17 years old. I don't get it at all :D 

Yes!! Exactly!! Isn't that crazy? And I always thought I wasn't the kind of woman who has problems with turning 30. But right now, the thought just freaks me out, lol. But I try to look at it that way... the best things happened in 1987, so :P

1 minute ago, MMwhatsername said:

Yes!! Exactly!! Isn't that crazy? And I always thought I wasn't the kind of woman who has problems with turning 30. But right now, the thought just freaks me out, lol. But I try to look at it that way... the best things happened in 1987, so :P

Really? I was quite depressed the last few b-days, I have my b-day this month and this time I'm quite calm, but I think it's because my brain thinks I'm already 22 for half of the year so it's not such a surprise for me anymore (probably). But maybe I'll panic, as I used to,  when my big day comes in the end :D And btw I can say that good things happened too, 1994 = Dookie and Woodstock :ninja::D 

If we get another GD Q&A, we should ask about that lyric and what it means to Billie

41 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

Now you've gone and done it. Getting choked up. It's such a grandeous comment that I don't even think you're serious. The humility in me is embarrassed by the comment but the emotional part of me wants to reach through and hug you for saying something so amazingly sweet albeit untrue. Thank you!

I wonder how many amazing posts like this I miss by accident and this was almost one and thank god I didn't. I'm still assuming you're not making fun of me which is also fine. :)

Seriously sweet thing to say. I suppose there is a part of me that aside from the comradery of other ridiculous Green Day fans, wisdom comes often from being a fuck up and I was certainly once that. 

I figure if even two people can get some thought that would save them from some of my mistakes, it's worth a lifetime of posting. If only one, it was a waste of fucking time. 

I only have an average of 1 post a day (if you can believe it) because between tours, I've got nothing. 

You're too sweet to say that. 

You guys are amazing.

If I'm wise beyond my years, I'm pretty fucking wise! Ha.

Love all you guys!

I meant it. I actually got excited, when I logged on in the morning and saw you've been posting again, I do enjoy reading your thoughts. No need to feel embarrassed, you deserve to get credit for quality contributions to the forum  :)

Where do I even start...? So many lines are just so powerful within certain contexts. 

"Rage and love, the story of my life, the Jesus of suburbia is a lie" Possibly my favourite entire lyric off AI

"Where's your undying love, tell me the story of your life" holy fuck when this song ends I get goosebumps everywhereeee

"Red alert is the colour of panic, elevated to the point of static, bleeding into the hearts of the fanatics and the neighborhoods a loaded gun" One of the best verses he's ever written, catchiness coupled with amazing social/political lyricism 

"It's not over till you're underground, it's not over before it's too late, this city's burning, it's not my burden" Amazing but simple description of a post apocalyptic world. 

I could sit here and type all day. Billie Joe is the best songwriter I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Some of his writing is absolute genius. The whole of 21stCB is a prime example. Sorry for the essay.

My day described by GD lyrics:

7:00 - Wake up (Waiting)

8:00 - I'm running late to somewhere now (Somewhere Now)

8:00/13:00 - Well no one more cause I'm getting bored (Brat)

13:00 - Home, we're coming home again (Homecoming)

14:00/17:00 - Time flies when you're having fun, time's up when you work like a dog (All the Time)

19:00 - (I don't talk when I eat:lol:)

20:00/23:00 - I change the channels for an hour or two (Longview)

24:00 - Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright (Give Me Novacaine)

I think it should apply to any high school teen on GDC...

20 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

14:00/17:00 - Time flies when you're having fun, time's up when you work like a dog (All the Time)

24:00 - Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright (Give Me Novacaine)

My Life 

- Taking, all you down with me!! Explosives duct taped to my spine, nothings gonna change my mind

- It seems so frightening. Time passes by like lightning. Before you know it you're struck down

- Yelling at brick walls and punching windows made of stone, the worry rock has turned to dust

- Well I'm a waste like you, with nothing else to do. May I waste your time too?

- There's no signs of hope. The stems and seeds of the last of the dope. (pretty much everything in these songs)

15 hours ago, End Of The World said:

You get home at 1pm :happyhands: 

I wish! (My school is till two, three and 4:30 and I get home at 7:30 one day.)

55 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh, that must be REALLY stressful.:ermm:

58 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

My Mondays are absolutely fantastic. I start at 9.05 and go home at 11.45.

6 hours ago, crock6000 said:

You're still a baby at 22. It's the best time of life! Enjoy it or it will pass you by and you'll be 40 and paused or 40 and satisfied like myself. Ill never have a mid life crisis because I lived and loved so much as a young man that is comfortable phasing into a new type of person because I've graduated to it. I've always just enjoyed my age no mayter what it was/is and I suggest you try and figure out a way too if you're worried at 22. ;) 

I know! That's the worst thing about it :D But somehow since I was a child I didn't feel like one, but when you're aging and it's not going to stop it's really frustrating for me. I know it's maybe selfish to feel old at my age, but that's how I feel about it. I talked about it with my family several times, it's really helpful, but the feeling isn't quite gone yet :confused: I hope that I'll get over it till it's too late, working hard on that for about six years now. Thank you for your post :hug:

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

Archived