Gotta do what's right
Can't run around in circles
If you want to build a life
But I don't want to make a plan
For a day far away
While I'm young and while I'm able
All I wanna do is...

:cry:

What a great song, though. I wish I could enjoy it withought turning into an emotional wreck haha 

26 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:cry:

What a great song, though. I wish I could enjoy it withought turning into an emotional wreck haha 

I know :cry: I could do that before Sunday, although the lyrics always got to me (and now I deal with the feeling that I should make a plan/do what's right more than ever before, but the real problem is I don't know what I actually want to do, while I'm young and while I can). Not sure if I'll ever be able to listen to it without turning into an emotional wreck now :lol: 

• 1 year later...

Mine would be from Jesus of suburbia. " to live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy" for me it sums up the message of the song and the album.  

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why
8 hours ago, BUBBYBUB said:

Mine would be from Jesus of suburbia. " to live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy" for me it sums up the message of the song and the album.  

Hey since we already have a similar thread I've merged yours with it. I'm glad you made it though because the older one hadn't been posted in for a little while and it's always good to bring up this subject again.

"Let freedom ring with all the crazies on parade
Let them eat poison and it tastes like lemonade"

That's such a clever line in Back in the USA. Can't wait for new GD music:runaround:

“Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars, drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are”

I can relate to the idea that the pain in your past goes into making you the person that you are.

Also this,

”Are you locked up in a world that’s been planned out for you? Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?”

One of the first GD lyrics that grabbed me and made me fall in love with this band. I felt like they got it, they know what it’s like to wonder if your life path was your choice and to struggle to find your purpose. 

"MY name  is Billie and I'm freaking out!" - Revolution Radio - "Forever Now".

Can't really tell you. Just is the best to me.

"Bitter sweet migraine in my head
It's like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind." - Give Me Novacaine, AI

I'm not sure why it is, but ever since I first heard that line, it's been my favorite. Maybe it's because that's exactly what I feel when I have migraines and all I want is a good pain pill to relieve to the pressure and throbbing and lie down in a pitch black room.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:13 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

“Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars, drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are”

I can relate to the idea that the pain in your past goes into making you the person that you are.

Also this,

”Are you locked up in a world that’s been planned out for you? Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?”

One of the first GD lyrics that grabbed me and made me fall in love with this band. I felt like they got it, they know what it’s like to wonder if your life path was your choice and to struggle to find your purpose. 

What song is the second lyric from?

We are the vultures, the dirtiest kind. The culture war's in your heart and your mind

"To hell with unity, separation gonna kills us all"

"The brutality of reality is the freedom that keeps me from"

"Waking up this time to smash the silence with the brick of self control" She

"Every night I dream the same dream, of getting older and older all the time" 16 (because it's relatable lol)

"Do you have the time to listen to me whine" Basket Case

"I'm so damn bored I'm going blind" Longview

"You can't go forcing something if it's just not right" When I Come Around

"My generation is zero, I never made it as a working class hero" 21st Century Breakdown

• 3 months later...

Guys don't lie. We know it's "fuk you I'm from Oakland". 

I mean it's one of our Green Day Amendments for a reason.😏

Archived