Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

miragots

Ther're so many lyrics in which I find myself ...

Coming Clean to begin. The whole song. And... the first verse of Scattered, do I have to write it ? ''Reminds me of the times we shared, makes me wish that you were here/ Cause now it seems I've forgotten my purpose in this life...''

''When I was a kid I thought, wanting/wanted ? all the things that I haven't got'' - Macy's day parade

''I'm too mental to go crazy'' - Lazy Bones.

''Dreamcatcher, what's the matter ? Where have all my dreams gone ?'' - Dreamcatcher (btw i'd like that song to be on the trilogy)

''Nobody likes you, everyone left you, ther're all out without you, having fun !'' - Letterbomb/Homecoming

''Nobody's perfect and I stand accused'' - JOS part IV

''Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me'' - BOBD

''she sees the mirror of herself, an image she wants to sale, to anyone willing to buy'' -Extraordinary Girl

''As my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost'' - WMUWSE

''I saw my friend the other day and I don't know exactly just what I became''- Emenius Sleepus

''I look down and stand there and cry, nothing ever will be the same'' - 16

''Better think again cause no one knows'' - No one knows.

It's longer of course, I'll continue the list after. But it's ones of my fav'.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It said 'home is where the heart is' but what a shame, cos everyone's heart doesn't beat the same."

"It's not over 'til you're underground."

"I have no beliefs, but I believe I'm a walking contradiction."

"Call it as I see it even if I was born deaf, blind and dumb."

"I gotta know if you're the one that got away, even though it was never meant to be."

"It's all I've got and I'm giving it to you."

Oh god there are too many. He's a fucking genius. It's all so simple, so obvious in retrospect, but FIENDISHLY clever. That takes some talent.

As for quotes, I don't really know. The one that springs to mind is Mike saying his friends come before the band, and "I gotta look after my boy" when talking about Billie after iHeart.

As for quotes, I don't really know. The one that springs to mind is Mike saying his friends come before the band, and "I gotta look after my boy" when talking about Billie after iHeart.

Oh I forgot this quote too.

And the one who particulary marked me was ''I thought everyone was on the joke but I was the joke''.

Do you know where I could find the Mike's interview ? Cause I read the translation in french but I'd prefer to read it in english :)

Thanks

Oh I forgot this quote too.

And the one who particulary marked me was ''I thought everyone was on the joke but I was the joke''.

Do you know where I could find the Mike's interview ? Cause I read the translation in french but I'd prefer to read it in english :)

Thanks

It was actually posted on here a while back! Enjoy - http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92719-mike-dirnt-interview-on-rolling-stone/

• 4 weeks later...

mi quote favotita de las canciones talvez puede que sea la de

"there's nothing with me this is how im supposed to be"

mi quote favotita de las canciones talvez puede que sea la de

"there's nothing with me this is how im supposed to be"

"English motherfucker. Do you speak it??"

"Where do we go from here and what did you do with the directions?
Promise me no dead end streets and I'll guarantee we'll have the road."

"I cannot speak,

I lost my voice,

I'm speechless and redundant.

I love yous not enough.

I'm lost for words."

so honest and sad, and so so great

"I found out what it takes to be a man. well mom and dad will never understand, what's happening to me??!"-Coming Clean

"Well maybe I'm the faggot America, I'm not a part of a redneck agenda"-American Idiot

"Open the past and present and the future too, it's all I got and I'm giving to you"-Scattered

"I think it's alright that I do what I like cause that's the way I wanna live, it's how I give and I'm still giving"-JAR

"Lets nuke the bridge we torched 2000 times before, this time we'll blast it all to hell"-F.O.D.

I could literally do this for hours song by song lol, even most trilogy songs have one good line that would make a great quote

I love most of the songs pre-Dookie lyric-wise. People overlook the fact that they were very mature in song writing back then.

For example,' No One Knows.' If you read the lyrics to the song without any background knowledge of it, you probably wouldn't believe that it was written by a twenty year-old.

When I was younger, I could relate to 'In The End.'

But yeah, them songs off of Kerplunk and 1039/SOSH, I'd say they're inspirational.

Really, everything Billie says inspired me. He has such a unique way of writing and I feel like I can honestly relate to him.

In general, Jesus of suburbia is beautiful written.

There are too many lyrics to pick a favourite...but my favourite quote is

"Going to school is practise for the future. Practise makes perfect. Nobody's perfect so why bother." BJA

"If you could see inside my head Then you'd start to understand The things I value in my heart"

-- J.A.R.

And everything that's in the lyrics booklet of Insomniac. Seriously, this album describes my life that exact, it's getting scary.

i just wanted to post this one quote

its not Green Day, but i fucking love it

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but its gonna be my year, and I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere"- Weightless by All Time Low

for Green Day

"Every night I dream the same dream
Of getting older and older all the time
I ask you now, what does this mean?
Are these problems just in my mind?
Things are easy when you're a child
But now these pressures have dropped on my head
The length I've gone are just long miles
Would they be shorter if I were dead?"- 16

This is my fucking life

i just wanted to post this one quote

its not Green Day, but i fucking love it

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but its gonna be my year, and I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere"- Weightless by All Time Low

for Green Day

"Every night I dream the same dream
Of getting older and older all the time
I ask you now, what does this mean?
Are these problems just in my mind?
Things are easy when you're a child
But now these pressures have dropped on my head
The length I've gone are just long miles
Would they be shorter if I were dead?"- 16

This is my fucking life

And "When you think of me do you fill your head with schemes- No One Knows

As for most inspiring quotes, Tre saying "Play the song, don't play the instrument," has stayed with me as a musician ever since I first read it. In terms of practical advice that's just brilliant.

As for most inspiring quotes, Tre saying "Play the song, don't play the instrument," has stayed with me as a musician ever since I first read it. In terms of practical advice that's just brilliant.

Me too ! That quote really helped me when crafting my own songs

• 2 months later...

"There's nothing wrong with me this is how I'm supposed to be" kinda says it all for me, which is why I got it tattooed on my arm :)

''I'm not gonna say anything inspirational, i'm just gonna fucking swear a lot.'' (not from a song actually but doesn't matter)

That's from Homecoming. :P

Permission to literally shoot me in the face. I knew this, of course due having it already planned out and drawn. It's just my high mind being stupid. I feel so idiotic :(

"Fuck the past. Live in the present." - Mike Dirnt

The best advice is always hypocritical.

Permission to literally shoot me in the face. I knew this, of course due having it already planned out and drawn. It's just my high mind being stupid. I feel so idiotic :(

Hey, no worries--I just thought it was funny. We prefer your face intact. ;)

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

Archived