Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

miragots

"Never trusted anyone, let alone myself, I must insist on being a pessimist. I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind." (Armatage Shanks)

"So go do what you like, make sure you do it wise. You can't go forcing something if it's just not right." (When I Come Around)

"'Home is where your heart is', but what a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same." (Jesus Of Suburbia)

These are probably my favorite lyrics, but it's hard to choose only a few of their lyrics, they're all so awesome.

Oh, and also lately I feel I can relate to this: "There's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy, there's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy, he makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting, someone help him up or he's gonna end up quitting"

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy

Yes I did just get chills typing that, why do you ask

• 3 months later...

"Then people suddenly think of you as this voice of a generation. And you go, "Huh? All I was doing was pulling my pants down -- more like the butt of a generation."

Billie Joe Armstrong. The Butt of a Generation.

tumblr_lrbzqai5P71r2kjhjo1_500.jpg

Fuck off and die kinda comes to mind. The whole concept of telling some one to their face, that I fucking want you gone. I like that.

My favorite lyric, I agree with "Home is where the heart is but what a shame 'cause everyones heart doesn't beat the same, it's beating out of time" from JOS. That lyric is so true. Billie Joe Armstrong, you are one amazing poet

That's one of my all time favorites!

Lyrics:

"It says 'Home is where your heart is but what a shame cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same' " (JOS)

"She get's so sick of crying" (Extraordinary Girl)

"Scream at me until my ears bleed" (She)

"All I want is you to understand, that when I take your hand, it's caus I wat to" (When It's Time)

"You can't go forcing something if it's just not right" (When I Come Around)

"Infatuation touches me just me just when I thought that it would end" (Going To Pasalacqua)

Quotes:

"We put the fun back into dysfunctional" - Billie Joe

"If someone falls down please pick them back up. Just because there's not a fuckin' camera in your face doesn't mean you don't have to lookout for each other." - Billie Joe

"Music is the air that I breathe, it's the blood that pumps through my veins." - Billie Joe

"Stand the fuck up! This isn't a fucking coldplay show!" - Billie Joe

"We write music for ourselves and if other people like it, that's great." - Mike

"Green Day is like sex, when were good, were really good, when were bad . . . were still pretty damn good." - Mike

"I've never been beaten up! I'm a black belt in Run-Fu." - Tre

"It's not how you pick your nose, it's were you put that booger that counts." - Tre

"Everyone is entitled to our opinion" - Tre

lyric:

"Cause I love feelin' dirty and I love feelin' cheap and I love it when you hurt me, so drive them staples deep."

"Roll, roll, roll a joint, twist it at the ends, light it up and take a puff and pass it to your friends."

quote:

"People think that we're just good-looking guys with big dicks that play hot rock & roll. But we have feelings too."

Lyrics

"And I think it's alright that I do what I like 'cause that's the way I wanna live. It's how I give, and I'm still givin'."

(from J.A.R )

This line means so much to me..

I'm planning to get it tattooed on my back, from the left shoulder to the right

Quotes

"Sometimes you need coffee, and sometimes you need a Bloody Mary." (Mike)

"Don't jsck off a cactus, you'll only hurt your hand and the cactus' feelings." (Tré)

"Punk is dead to anyone who didn't get it in the first place." (Billie)

I

Lyrics:

'I GOT NO MOTIVATION

WHERE IS MY MOTIVATION

NO TIME FOR MOTIVATION

SMOKING MY INSPIRATION'

or

'Sit alone in my bedroom, staring at the walls, I've been up all damn night long, my pulse is speeding, my love is yearning'

Quote: 'There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it'

"'Trust' is a dirty word that comes only from such a liar but "respect" is something I will earn if you have faith" (Church On Sunday) has always been one of my favourites. There are a lot of others that are amazing though :)

Why does my life have to be so small? Yet death is forever..

And does forever have a life to call its own?

Don't give me an answer 'cause you only know as much as I know,

Unless you've been there once - well I hardly think so.

Lyrics

"I don't know you but I think I hate you/You're the reason for my misery" (Chump)

"Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homes" (Welcome to Paradise)

"Don't let the door kick you in the ass" (86)

"Everything she does questions my mental health" (80)

"My friend drove off the other day/Now he's gone and all they say/Is you gotta live 'cause life goes on" (J.A.R)

"Here comes the rain again/Falling from the stars" (Wake Me Up When September Ends)

"So when are all my troubles gonna end?/I'm understanding now that we are only friends/To this day I'm asking why/I still think about you" (Paper Lanterns)

Quotes

"Do you wanna start a fucking war? All the people in <insert city here>, VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!" - Billie Joe Armstrong, just before playing Holiday

"You gotta wheel me away in a fuckin' coffin to get me out of this fuckin' band, I'll tell you that" - Billie Joe Armstrong

"I can count to four and repeat. I'm a drummer." - Tré Cool

"All my religious beliefs are based on Star Wars" - Mike Dirnt

Besides the obvious usual from JoS...

"Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright" (Give Me Novocaine)

"Thought I ran into you down on the street, then it turned out to only be a dream." (Whatsername)

"For what it's worth, it was worth all the while" (Good Riddance)

"It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up!" (Basket Case)

"Now it's gone, and I take the blame. But there's nothing I can do but take the pain." (Words I Might Have Ate)

My favourite lyric:

"Dickhead, fuckface, cock smoking, mother fucking, asshole, dirty twat, waste of semen, I hope you die"

:)

Favorite lyrics:

Do as I say not because ii do it cause the shit soo deep i can't runaway (Walking Contradiction)

Everybody likes a joke but nobody likes a fool! (Jackass)

Is it the cop, or am I the one that's really dangerous (warning)

Quotes:

“I never completed high school and I am very rich and very successful.” -Trecool

:wub:

"School is practice for future, practice makes a man perfect and nobody's perfect....THEN WHY PRACTICE???"

- Billie Joe :lol:

"It's not over till you're underground".... Whenever I listen to it.... I get all my confidence back and I feel like there's a reason to continue on. :thumbsup:

The JOS lyric that everyone love : "It says 'Home is where your heart is but what a shame cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same"

"What the hell's your name? What's your pleasure, what is your pain? Do you dream too much? Do you think what you need is a crutch?" from Homecoming. Maybe my fave of all times.

"Gotta make a plan, gotta do what's right, can't run around in circles if you wanna build a life but I don't wanna make a plan for a day far away, while I'm young and while I'm able all I wanna do is." From JAR.

"Gotta make a plan, gotta do what's right, can't run around in circles if you wanna build a life and i don't wanna make a plan for a day far away, while i'm young and while i'm able all i wanna do is..." :wub:

"Music to me is the air that I breathe, it's the blood that pumps thorugh my veins that keeps me alive. I am Green Day." Billie Joe Armstrong

The rage and love, story of my life...the Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Will she ever find her way? I'm too damn young to be too late, but am I?

She, she's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view.

Dumbstruck, color me stupid, good luck, you're gonna need it where I'm going if I get there at all.

• Hermione changed the title to Your favorite Green Day lyrics and why

Archived