The GDC Wallpaper Calendar 2012

Katarina.

Update:

Here are the links to the posts with the wallpapers for the upcoming months :)

September:

October:

November:

December:

Original post:

Hey everyone!

You may or may not have heard of the GDC Wallpaper Calendar. Here's the thread for the 2010 one, and here for this year (which you can still use obviously), so you get an idea of what they look like.

Basically it's a Green Day themed calendar with wallpapers for your pc/laptop screen, made by GDCers. Only two months before this year is over. Which means.. 2012 will start soon. Time to make a new awesome calendar!

We need graphic designers for the following months:

January - Jaymee!!

February - TheAmericanIdot

March - Katarina.

April - violeta

May - Linarima

June - greendaytodeathandback

July - ★Florence★

August - Class.of.13

September - Bam-Itz-GreenDay

October - spark in the night

November - theJOS

December - greenjoc

Front cover -Elena García

Back cover - matteo263

(Ideas for themes: Billie Joe for Feb, Mike for May, Tre for December, Live/Milton Keynes/Wembley for June, other ones could have a theme related to an album released in your chosen month)

Since not everyone has the same screen resolution, we need every wallpaper in these three sizes:

1920 x 1200

1280 x 1024

1280 x 800

So, who likes the idea and wants to help create this? If you want to make a certain month, post it in this thread and I'll update the OP. Let's say.. by December 1st it would be nice if you knew at least the theme for the month you chose. Make sure you read the other posts in this thread so you're not using a theme someone else chose already. When you're done making your month, post the wallpapers in this thread :) Deadline is December 18th.

Any other ideas or suggestions are very welcome! :D

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't use the wallpaper, but it's a good idea. I'd try, but i'm no good at digital photo editing.

Also, people should make a calendar, one for each album.

This is a really good idea. I didn't know about this :D I wish I was good at all those things- I would love to help!!

I say we just use the pictures from the Titty Thread, that would make a great calender, just sayin' :whistle

This should be cool! I wouldnt be able to do this for my life :lol: but i cant wait to see what people come up with!

I really like that. I'm already exciting how it'll turn out and what themes everybody's going to choose.

I want to take April :)

This sounds fun!!!

Can I call February?

October is mine!

Alright! :D I'll add you guys to the first post.

I will do March then.

I take June!

I have more ideas for July. (Shenanigans!) :runaround:

Katarina, can I take July instead of June?

I take June!

I have more ideas for July. (Shenanigans!) :runaround:

Katarina, can I take July instead of June?

Sure Flo, I changed it so can make July Shenanigans style. :cool:

Can't wait to see the final results!

Not sure yet, but I might make mine the Network themed..

Oh I'd love to be part of this!!! I have an awesome wallpaper that I made! But should it be themed? For example December= xmas? or it could be any image? if so can I get December? if someone already took it I think May it's still available!

Oh I'd love to be part of this!!! I have an awesome wallpaper that I made! But should it be themed? For example December= xmas? or it could be any image? if so can I get December? if someone already took it I think May it's still available!

I'll put your name next to December then, it's still available :) It's all Green Day themed in some way. For the previous two calendars for example we had Billie, Mike and Tre themed ones for February, May and December (for their birthdays) and a live themed one for June. So you could make it partly Tre and partly xmas themed or something. Whatever you want!

What kind of programming do you need for this?? If I could get one I'd like to do February. But as I don't have any programs for it yet I totally understand if I don't get to do it like :)

Actually, I think I know some people who could help me with that, so can I have February please?? :D

What exactly are you looking for?

Did you read the OP? There are links to the previous calendars, you can take a look at those to see what what they look like. So, Green Day (the band, side bands, live, anything) themed wallpapers for each month with certain celebrations/holidays/important GD dates like release dates mentioned on them. I hope that helped :)

Can I TRY to do January? :)

Sure. What do you mean with try? If you've made banners/wallpapers before you should, why not!

September! ...PLease?

Added you to the list.

i'll take december :)

That's already taken unfortunately, but there are still a few months left to choose I think.

What kind of programming do you need for this?? If I could get one I'd like to do February. But as I don't have any programs for it yet I totally understand if I don't get to do it like :)

Actually, I think I know some people who could help me with that, so can I have February please?? :D

There are many editing programs you can use, like photoshop or gimp. Remember to check the list in the first post, Feb is already taken.

Can I take June then please?? :)

And thanks I'll get one of those :)

I'll put your name next to December then, it's still available :) It's all Green Day themed in some way. For the previous two calendars for example we had Billie, Mike and Tre themed ones for February, May and December (for their birthdays) and a live themed one for June. So you could make it partly Tre and partly xmas themed or something. Whatever you want!

thanks a lot!!! when is the limit date to send the picture?

I'll take August. Don't have the skills to do May. :sorry:

Just in case anyone wanted to know, I'm gonna probably be doing something like 'Christmas lights in the middle of August', but I'll try not to step on the feet of the December person. :)

I really suck at photoshop (I just don't get it!), but I'm looking forward to the results! :D

The calendar last year was awesome!!

Archived