Sign in to follow this  
Jaymee!!

2011/11/01 - The Mezzanine, San Francisco, California, USA

Alan86

This is Jason White on guitar, mike dirnt on the bass and mr. Tre cool on the drums and we are metallica...I mean we're green day :lol:

• Like 3

Hermione

Haha, I just found out about this video:

I wonder if these users will be uploading more video's :happy:

:lol: Love it.

• Like 1

WestboundSign!

Oh wow, thanks a lot for the last two videos! :happy:

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Aw, that whole talking thing made me smile a lot :happy:

but the boardshort is nice :mad:

Mary711

The new videos are amazing! I'm really hoping for the guy to upload some more.

Now seeing all this makes me miss the boys even more.

DecanoLP

Damn, these Welcome To Paradise videos are amazing. They remind me of their old shows when they hit stage and just talked about this and that before they started playing their frist song. Great! :)

JorickF

Wow, Welcome to paradise sounds totally different without the Stratocaster!

Clayish
Wow, Welcome to paradise sounds totally different without the Stratocaster!

Tell me about it! Not really a fan, but they still sound great.

pasalaska

Usually when people talk about different guitars and whatnot sounding different, I can't hear it, but I can actually hear that version of WTP is different :o

bollard_11

Usually when people talk about different guitars and whatnot sounding different, I can't hear it, but I can actually hear that version of WTP is different :o

Yea the different pick-ups are being used, and its being played in standard tuning instead of half a step down. I was nerding out over it earlier :P

alaniluau

Though I'll never lay a word against Strats, I really enjoyed the different version of WTP. I adored that video because it communicated exactly how relaxed the show was. Billie's banter with the crowd was so casual that if I didn't know better, I'd think Green Day was a random group of middle-aged dudes from Oakland that played Ramones-style punk rock on weekends.

• Like 3

Rancid punk:LTD

I think the guitar sounded horrible. Not right at all...

Abbey.

How come Green Day keeps forgetting about the SECRET SHOW they are suppose to play at MY HOUSE. 8P

greendaytone

Have GD ever played at someone's house? Besides their early days, does anyone know if they've just played a few songs at somebody's home for a huge amount of money post-dookie?

I don't think it's their style to do something like that. If they have, i don't think anyone knows about it!

Katarina.

Thanks for posting more videos! Welcome to Paradise :woot::wub: That song just always sounds great. Now that he was playing with the other guitar it made me think of Scattered for a moment. Never thought that before.

Stormy Haze

I stay off the internet for two days and Green Day play another secret show. Of course :lol: I guess I have some stuff to catch up to!

Edit: catching up DONE! It sounds like it was another really amazing show, and I'm very happy for everyone who got in there. Thanks to everyone who posted photos and videos! I'm still forming my opinion on Carpe Diem, but it sounds like a good song overall. These shows are making me really excited for the new album (that I hope it's closer than we think)!

Mozzabillie

I think it is funny during "Hitchin' A Ride" when Billie Joe is talking about California and then says, "At least it's not Texas! The Rangers lost 2 years in a row (he starts laughing)...sucks to be you!" Oh yeah, for those not in the Bay Area, during the surfing competition, one of the competitors dropped out of the competition because he saw a shark near him. The rest of the surfers didn't care and wanted to continue in the competition. That is why Billie Joe is joking about the surfers being in shark infested waters in Northern California.

• Like 2

Mozzabillie

I saw where the GDA news section has the Spin article posted but I didn't see this any where unless I missed it.

http://blogs.sfweekl..._a_surprise.php

They posted 2 of my videos AND I see where they have a link to the Green Day Authority on it! It looks like they got their information from the GDA.

• Like 1

greendaytone

I saw where the GDA news section has the Spin article posted but I didn't see this any where unless I missed it.

http://blogs.sfweekl..._a_surprise.php

They posted 2 of my videos AND I see where they have a link to the Green Day Authority on it! It looks like they got their information from the GDA.

Yeah we posted that in one of the stories, glad to see they credited us :)

The Grateful Green

Highly considering getting "Carpe diem, a battle cry" lyrics in part of the tattoo im getting

also...what was the song that butch vig said was an awesome and poppy song that billie wrote after obama was elected?

Hermione

Highly considering getting "Carpe diem, a battle cry" lyrics in part of the tattoo im getting

also...what was the song that butch vig said was an awesome and poppy song that billie wrote after obama was elected?

Nice idea! And it was called Wonderful:

The day after the election, Mr. Armstrong wrote a new song called “Wonderful,” Mr. Vig said. “It was super poppy, sunny, Beach Boys but with fuzzy pop chords,” he said. “It was great. Hundreds of bands would kill to have this song on the record.” Mr. Armstrong, he said, vetoed it, deciding it wouldn’t fit with the rest of the album. “He said, ‘I just had to write it,’ ” Mr. Vig recalled.

From here http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/arts/music/03pare.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&sq=green%20day&st=cse&scp=3

They've never played it though. I wonder if there's any way they might include it on the new album? Sounds like it could fit with these new songs well enough, if they wanted to put it out.

lizziebix

Nice idea! And it was called Wonderful:

The day after the election, Mr. Armstrong wrote a new song called “Wonderful,” Mr. Vig said. “It was super poppy, sunny, Beach Boys but with fuzzy pop chords,” he said. “It was great. Hundreds of bands would kill to have this song on the record.” Mr. Armstrong, he said, vetoed it, deciding it wouldn’t fit with the rest of the album. “He said, ‘I just had to write it,’ ” Mr. Vig recalled.

From here http://www.nytimes.c...ay&st=cse&scp=3

They've never played it though. I wonder if there's any way they might include it on the new album? Sounds like it could fit with these new songs well enough, if they wanted to put it out.

Except, I don't expect Billie Joe has the same sunny feelings for Obama that he at that time!

Sign in to follow this