Sign in to follow this  
Jaymee!!

2011/11/01 - The Mezzanine, San Francisco, California, USA

farley drexel hatcher

haha I can see the top of my head in the Know Your Enemy video--I was front row between Billie Joe and Mike. Such a great night! I still can't believe it happened! The crowd was really roudy, and it was really hot as usual. The band seemed to have a really fun time. The energy was great, and I really love all the new songs. Hearing them twice now I really love the new material.

Can someone tell me how to get my pics directly into my posts? Or do I have to upload them to a different site first?

Upload them to imageshack or tinypic first, then just copy the link it gives you into a post :)

pasalaska

haha I can see the top of my head in the Know Your Enemy video--I was front row between Billie Joe and Mike. Such a great night! I still can't believe it happened! The crowd was really roudy, and it was really hot as usual. The band seemed to have a really fun time. The energy was great, and I really love all the new songs. Hearing them twice now I really love the new material.

Can someone tell me how to get my pics directly into my posts? Or do I have to upload them to a different site first?

you'll need to upload them somewhere first - facebook, photobucket, tinypic... anywhere like that, and then post the image's url with img tags (there's a button in the reply box between the 'link' icon and the strike-through 's' icon.

whatshername17

its so surreal watching them play going to pasalacqua in that small venue, just like the old days!

• Like 1

purplebenny

Setlist from a picture on facebook:)

1. Welcome to Paradise

2. American Idiot

3. Carpe Diem

4. Murder City

5. Hitchin' A ride

6. Stay the Night

7. Hybrid Moments

8. Let Yourself go

9. Longview

10. Stray Heart

11. Letterbomb

12. She

13. 2000 Light Years Away

14.Going to Pasalaqua

:D

kittenmoon

Anyone there last night remember a song with the lyrics "walk away" repeated a couple times during the chorus? I was there too but I don't see this song on the setlist, unless it's called something else. It was a crazy good show. I've been to a bunch of secret Green Day shows and this one was by FAR the easiest to get into. There was absolutely no line to get into the place when I got there, and I got there around 10:30ish.

alaniluau

I got the tweet right when I was about to go to bed. A bit frustrating that the boys have played three age-restricted shows in my state, but I'm simply enthralled that they're playing none the less. Knowing that Green Day had a show last night put a spring in my step for the entire day.

I was very excited to hear Carpe Diem. As fans, we've had the pleasure of witnessing the genesis of this song, which makes the track particularly significant to us. Since this is essentially the first new era of Green Day I've been able to appreciate, it's especially delightful to experience the joy of a fresh direction. I like the direction they're heading toward. From what I've heard, the new material seems to be stripped down, straightforward rock, (the kind that seniors and little kids can enjoy alike) but with the boys' unique punk twist. I'm a bit curious as to what the boys' playlist has been as they've been writing. I hear tones of a very basic, 1950s-style rock energy. Carpe Diem has a fantastic punch--I can definitely picture myself at a stadium (next summer? the one after that?) singing every word. And merely hearing Billie giving some new words his signature slur treatment is enough to make my day. :happy:

• Like 2

XxRedundantCastaway86xX

WTF. Another secret show?!! Video of Carpe Diem??!! Billie tweeted for the first time in like 12 hundred years?! I don't really know what to say to all of this craziness at the moment, since i'm kind of in shock, so i'm just going to post one of these things - :runaround: Yeah, that's actually pretty accurate.

Jack

Setlist from a picture on facebook:)

1. Welcome to Paradise

2. American Idiot

3. Carpe Diem

4. Murder City

5. Hitchin' A ride

6. Stay the Night

7. Hybrid Moments

8. Let Yourself go

9. Longview

10. Stray Heart

11. Letterbomb

12. She

13. 2000 Light Years Away

14.Going to Pasalaqua

:D

can you link to the picture on Facebook? thanks!

JakeThompson

So much for NaNoWriMo this year... All my focus is going into Green Day.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

That's not the full setlist though.

Laly

I'm very very curious about that song "I'll Make You Surrender"... :whistle

Tubbie Head

Billie has a nice outfit! T-shirt, and purple (?) pants!

I approve :happy:

Can't wait to catch up with everything. And see pics from the show.

• Like 1

laurelw

OK so here's a link to my (not so great) iphone pics. I was in the front row in between Billie Joe and Mike.

http://s1106.photobu.../h376/laurelw1/

I'm pretty sure that the pics in the post above mine were taken by a photographer standing next to me. He had a big camera with a large lens. Great pics.

• Like 4

Scarlett93

OK so here's a link to my (not so great) iphone pics. I was in the front row in between Billie Joe and Mike.

http://s1106.photobu.../h376/laurelw1/

thank for sharing them!!

XxRedundantCastaway86xX

Just listened to Carpe Diem about 10 times in a row. What a fucking great song. Seriously.. Really catchy, cool lyrics, sick solo. Just an all around great rock song. Also I fucking hope it gets released as a single. It definitely has the ability to become the "We're Not Gonna Take It" of this generation. Y'know?

Jack

Hey laurelw, check your message inbox!

drugstore hooligan

Just listened to Carpe Diem about 10 times in a row. What a fucking great song. Seriously.. Really catchy, cool lyrics, sick solo. Just an all around great rock song. Also I fucking hope it gets released as a single. It definitely has the ability to become the "We're Not Gonna Tale It" of this generation. Y'know?

Nice to see im not the only one whos replaying the shit out of it :D

Laly

►►PHOTOS! 'Green Day's Surprise Show at Mezzanine Last Night'

http://www.7x7.com/m...nine-last-night

Awesome! thanks for posting :thumbsup:

JakeThompson

The show has been mentioned on GreenDay.com

Sign in to follow this