Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jaymee!!

2011/11/01 - The Mezzanine, San Francisco, California, USA

Hermione

I just uploaded Billie Joe talking about the 99% and speaking up/standing up for your rights and the beginning of Letterbomb.

Love it :)

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

My fellow lyrics detectives... are we certain it's "a battle cry" and not "the battle cry" I'd lean toward "a," but i think "the" sounds better, and I can't tell 100%.

I hear "a" and think "a" sounds better as well, but I guess it's not really something we'll know until we get official lyrics.

greendaytone

Amazing stuff! I slept through the announcement and the whole show. But so grateful and proud of everyone here that got to go and/or are helping share all the pics/footage/memories from the night.

Honestly, this looks the best show of all the surprise ones so far. But that's Green Day, they just keep getting better!

• Like 3

Mato

do we know the correct setlist? is this it?

**nobodylikesyou**

Thanks for the lyrics! I think it's "Get a second wind" rather than "Get a second win".

Edit: Argh too slow :P

I agree you guys! Sorry my bad, My Cardinals just won the World Series so I was thinking WIN!! haha

• Like 4

Gwen Stacy

Am I the only one that thinks all these secret shows mean the album is closer thank we think?

**nobodylikesyou**

Am I the only one that thinks all these secret shows mean the album is closer thank we think?

no youre not the only one

• Like 1

It does sound like "second wind", but what does that even mean?

GuitarPunk94

ok..there are some few parts of Carpe Diem that sound like I Fought The Law or Suffocate..but i dont mind

i really like this song, except the vers at the first half of the song, but all in all i am glad that we got another new song to hear

Now i cant wait to hear Nuclear Family and the new version of Stay The Night :D

greendaytone

It does sound like "second wind", but what does that even mean?

It's a phrase - it's like when you're out of energy, then all of a sudden you "get a second wind" and you can go again.

• Like 1

It's a phrase - it's like when you're out of energy, then all of a sudden you "get a second wind" and you can go again.

Oh, okay, thanks :) Didn't know that.

greendaytone

Oh, okay, thanks :) Didn't know that.

No probs! Perhaps it's one of those sayings that doesn't translate across languages very well. Other countries probably have a different way of saying it.

Mellow Dramatic Jeff

I think the "get a second win" could actually be "get a second WIND"

This is correct.

secondGuessMe

When I got to the venue, it was super hard to hear the words the band was playing. But when Green Day went on, it was super clear. I could hear the whole thing from across the street. Which was great!

• Like 1

burnout409

I love Carpe Diem! I hope its on the next album and i hope it all sounds this good! :D

WestboundSign!

Oh and I have to say that I'm very happy that they played "Stay the Night" at their secret shows. Even though somebody said it's a bit different now from what we've already heard.. I love that song! And the fact that they're playing it very often gives me hope that it could be on the next album.. :) Nobody knows..

Dylan.

That's the third time you're saying that :lol:

I don't...umm...Huh?

GDLoT

Wow! Exciting stuff happening overnight. Love that this was the ultimate in surprise shows and yet a few GDC people could get there. Awesome!

Becky, you are my hero for staying up until 3:30 to search twitter and find updates. Thanks so much for all the tweets and photos!

aww, you're welcome. gotta nap after kiddos went to school yay! hehe

Mozzabillie love the vids! Thanks Beffy for posting them on gdlot! Terrific photos everyone! Setlist on a paper plate & more added to it! EPIC! :dance: Thank you so much!! :wub:

Flashing in the dark

awesome song :)

Alan86

heres what I got so far with help from the other pages.. Cant figure it all out.

Carpe Diem

Got a broken wing

Hear the angels sing

With a signal and inside of me

I know ive said this already too but im fully sure this is

With a signal thats out of range

I don't...umm...Huh?

Oops, neeeever mind... Someone else (Alan86) had said that twice and for some reason I thought that when you posted it it was the same person who'd posted that twice before.

Kaddi.

Wow, crazy what happens during like 10 hours that I'm not on GDC. :lol:

Did someone already figure the out the lyrics to Carpe Diem?

Cori

Wow! The one morning I don't check the GDA, I come home from school to find that another secret show has happened! I'm so excited about the Carpe Diem video. It's a great song! Oh, I also really liked the 99% video. There's so much exciting stuff in one day! :wub:

Sign in to follow this