Sign in to follow this  
Jaymee!!

2011/11/01 - The Mezzanine, San Francisco, California, USA

Jaymee!!

Straight from the man himself:

"Green Day live at the Mezzanine in San Francisco with Kut U Up and Ty Segall benigit for Surfrider Foundation. NOW!"

Green Day are playing a show tonight in San Francisco, with Kut U Up (most well-known for their tour diary Riding In Vans With Boys alongside Green Day, Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World), and Ty Segall. They are playing at The Mezzanine, in support of the Surfrider Foundation

Here's where the news broke first:

"Wouldn't it be cool if Green Day showed up at your party and played a set. Prepare to have your minds blown.

November 1st @ 2:15pm"

From the Surfrider Foundation's Twitter.

pasalaska

discuss.

holy crap what are they doing to us?

Billie tweet:

Green Day live at the Mezzanine in San Francisco with Kut U Up and Ty Segall benigit for Surfrider Foundation. NOW!

Adie tweets:

Hey bay area!! Green Day is playing at mezzanine in SF tonight w/kut u up &Ty segall for surf rider foundation..
Going on around 11pm.. Race you there!!

And whadya know, Kut U Up is still around.

Lindsay

WHICH THREAD DO I REPLY TO?! You guys are so in sync. :lol:

• Like 1

pasalaska

This one. I was first.

I WIN :D

Velocity

;asdfjlk Those lucky people that are going tonight!

I'm just really excited at the number of "secret" shows lately :woot:

Laura!

http://www.surfrider.org/

This is the charity they are playing for.

Jack

you beat me to the idea of making a thread for this show :) i saw this a few seconds after it was tweeted, and i can't wait to hear more about whats apparently going on in like two hours......I FUCKING LOVE GREEN DAY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DO THIS SURPRISE SHIT!

fiercecircus

DARNIT! i was hoping they'd pull off another secret show in NY before they left. Oh well.

Christ, i don't care if they start having secret shows at Madison Square Garden. I just want to go!

pasalaska

And there I was trying to sleep.

There's a handful of us that live in the bay. I hope we get someone in!

mallorymaloney

Sometimes being Canadian ain't all that, eh.

Ashley!

Finally a secret show I can actually stay up all night for! I really hope some GDCers make it in.

Sarabeth

They're keeping us on our toes! All of these last minute shows are so exciting!

mallorymaloney

I enjoy how this secret and last minute show actually WAS secret and insanely last minute. They're got it down pat now!

Jaymee!!

Not sure if this is the stage or not, but here is Ty Segall soundchecking about 4 hours ago:

54ebd88004ed11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

pasalaska

Here's the venue's website:

http://www.mezzanine...om/calendar.asp

8PM Doors

$20 Advance Tickets

21+

Ty Segall began his recording career as a part-time musician in various underground bands in Orange County and the San Francisco Bay Area, before beginning a solo career in 2008. He sings and plays guitar and drums. He has released four solo albums and is a member of the bands The Traditional Fools, Epsilons, Party Fowl, Sic Alps, and The Perverts. His 2011 album, Goodbye Bread, has been called "unadulterated joy."

Kut U Up is an indie rock band from San Diego, California, United States, who have been described as "indie rejects" in their DVD, Riding in Vans with Boys, which they starred in, alongside Blink-182, Green Day, and Jimmy Eat World. They released an album entitled Pulled Over in 2003 on Rowboat Records, which sold over 100,000 copies. On July 31, 2008 Kut U Up played their first show in nearly 5 years. As of May 2011 the band has reformed, creating new music and beginning to play shows regularly.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?pq=the+mezzanine+sa&hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=18&gs_id=7&xhr=t&rlz=1C1CHKB_en-GBAU423AU423&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+mezzanine+san+francisco&fb=1&gl=au&hq=the+mezzanine&hnear=0x80859a6d00690021:0x4a501367f076adff,San+Francisco,+CA,+USA&cid=0,0,3838350567484585233&ei=fMewTsCWAYrt0gHU9vXEAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CAUQ_BI

Velocity

DARNIT! i was hoping they'd pull off another secret show in NY before they left. Oh well.

Christ, i don't care if they start having secret shows at Madison Square Garden. I just want to go!

I know, I was kind of hoping they'd do at least one more show around here before heading back to the Bay. But I'm happy with this too, at least they're doing something :lol:

Matt.

Well, so much for me doing homework

• Like 1

lastnightonGDA

Holy fuck, I'm so close yet so far away.

Laura!

Well, so much for me doing homework

I have a midterm tomorrow. :pinch:

Bundita

aghhhh this is killing me, its so awesome that they are playing secret shows and stuff and i'm excited for the people who get to go, but i cant go all the way to san francisco in enough time :( and the age restrictions are kinda annoying :P

Brina93

I have a midterm tomorrow. :pinch:

I have 2 papers due. I am so fucked. :pinch:

pasalaska

The one good thing about age restrictions is it's a flat NO for me.

selfish, I know, but it's true.

Bundita

Holy fuck, I'm so close yet so far away.

me too *sigh* im just 5 hours away, but I just found out about this 2 seconds ago :(

LouLou

I really need to figure out a way to move to California. I miss everything. Hopefully someone from here goes and gives us updates.

Jaymee!!

The one good thing about age restrictions is it's a flat NO for me.

selfish, I know, but it's true.

And the fact that it's 12:40am here, 9:40pm there, and about a 6-7 hour flight weren't clear indicators as a flat NO first-off? :lol:

Sign in to follow this