Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Dark humor, is it funny?

Debate

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 . n i m r o d

. n i m r o d

Welcome to Paradise

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined Oct 24, 2011

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

In terms of Humor, if you can laugh at one group of people, but get offended by someone laughing at your group.. you're a hypocrite.
Nothing is off limits when it comes to Comedy. If you're offended, then so be it, but don't laugh at something that may offend someone else but not yourself. I laugh at anything I find funny, even things that "should" offend me.

For example, when the Benoit tragedy happened in 2007 (Chris Benoit, wrestler, killed his wife, son and himself), I took it hard because I have met Chris Benoit before and have admired his work since I was a kid; however, I laughed at jokes about the tragedy. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but hey.. if I'm going to Hell, I'm going to enjoy the ride there.

That's why I enjoy the Comedy Central Roast's so much - nothing is off limits there. Hell, Amy Schumur made a joke at Steve-O that involved Ryan Dunn, who just passed away. I laughed my ass off at it, and it wasn't even a jab at Dunn.

Comedy ftw. Butthurt people can g-t-f-o.

#122 iLozza!

iLozza!

Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,296 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

Insensitivity isn't funny, or cool, for that matter, but as far as humour goes, anything can count, I guess. I think a lot of potentially offensive jokes are funny, but I know that in order to laugh at other people, I have to be prepared to be laughed at myself. Holocaust jokes can be horrible, and I feel terrible terrible for laughing at them, but nothing is off limits. It depends on who you tell your jokes to. 9/11 jokes won't be hilarious to a victim's family, but to other people, it can be funny. It all depends on what floats your boat and what you've been through, I think. Other factors are involved too, obviously, and all things have to be said in good taste.

#123 fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike

legally retarded

• Members
  • 10,388 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

this has been pinned for like 2 weeks now. Just pointing that out

#124 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

Head of Tom's legal council

• Members
  • 19,140 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

Insensitivity isn't funny, or cool, for that matter, but as far as humour goes, anything can count, I guess. I think a lot of potentially offensive jokes are funny, but I know that in order to laugh at other people, I have to be prepared to be laughed at myself. Holocaust jokes can be horrible, and I feel terrible terrible for laughing at them, but nothing is off limits. It depends on who you tell your jokes to. 9/11 jokes won't be hilarious to a victim's family, but to other people, it can be funny. It all depends on what floats your boat and what you've been through, I think. Other factors are involved too, obviously, and all things have to be said in good taste.

Damn, you disappeared for a while too :lol:

#125 iLozza!

iLozza!

Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise.

• Members
  • 11,296 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Damn, you disappeared for a while too http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I know, then I realised I'd lost touch with a lot of people online, so I came back so I can feel less anti-social and possibly make new friends. I used to be in love with this place, and I guess I still am; it's only of the only forums I've ever felt at home at. Hi again, Alyssa :)

/completely off topic

#126 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

Head of Tom's legal council

• Members
  • 19,140 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

I know, then I realised I'd lost touch with a lot of people online, so I came back so I can feel less anti-social and possibly make new friends. I used to be in love with this place, and I guess I still am; it's only of the only forums I've ever felt at home at. Hi again, Alyssa http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

/completely off topic

Well, welcome back. :happy:

#127 xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex

Best Thing In Town

• Members
  • 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

How is that not a compliment? Maybe it's a bit extreme to call every Asian vagina "loose". Maybe I'm wrong, how many here can fit a Rubik's cube in the vagina?

lol yeah hold on let me go find out

??

rofl.

Damn, you disappeared for a while too http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

apparently we're in the age of reincarnation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com