Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

Dark humor, is it funny?

Debate

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

. n i m r o d

. n i m r o d
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined Oct 24, 2011
  • 4 rep
In terms of Humor, if you can laugh at one group of people, but get offended by someone laughing at your group.. you're a hypocrite.
Nothing is off limits when it comes to Comedy. If you're offended, then so be it, but don't laugh at something that may offend someone else but not yourself. I laugh at anything I find funny, even things that "should" offend me.

For example, when the Benoit tragedy happened in 2007 (Chris Benoit, wrestler, killed his wife, son and himself), I took it hard because I have met Chris Benoit before and have admired his work since I was a kid; however, I laughed at jokes about the tragedy. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but hey.. if I'm going to Hell, I'm going to enjoy the ride there.

That's why I enjoy the Comedy Central Roast's so much - nothing is off limits there. Hell, Amy Schumur made a joke at Steve-O that involved Ryan Dunn, who just passed away. I laughed my ass off at it, and it wasn't even a jab at Dunn.

Comedy ftw. Butthurt people can g-t-f-o.

iLozza!

iLozza!
  • Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,296 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 82 rep
Insensitivity isn't funny, or cool, for that matter, but as far as humour goes, anything can count, I guess. I think a lot of potentially offensive jokes are funny, but I know that in order to laugh at other people, I have to be prepared to be laughed at myself. Holocaust jokes can be horrible, and I feel terrible terrible for laughing at them, but nothing is off limits. It depends on who you tell your jokes to. 9/11 jokes won't be hilarious to a victim's family, but to other people, it can be funny. It all depends on what floats your boat and what you've been through, I think. Other factors are involved too, obviously, and all things have to be said in good taste.

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • legally retarded

• 10,260 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,187 rep
this has been pinned for like 2 weeks now. Just pointing that out

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,906 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,900 rep

Insensitivity isn't funny, or cool, for that matter, but as far as humour goes, anything can count, I guess. I think a lot of potentially offensive jokes are funny, but I know that in order to laugh at other people, I have to be prepared to be laughed at myself. Holocaust jokes can be horrible, and I feel terrible terrible for laughing at them, but nothing is off limits. It depends on who you tell your jokes to. 9/11 jokes won't be hilarious to a victim's family, but to other people, it can be funny. It all depends on what floats your boat and what you've been through, I think. Other factors are involved too, obviously, and all things have to be said in good taste.

Damn, you disappeared for a while too :lol:

iLozza!

iLozza!
  • Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise.

• 11,296 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 82 rep

Damn, you disappeared for a while too http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I know, then I realised I'd lost touch with a lot of people online, so I came back so I can feel less anti-social and possibly make new friends. I used to be in love with this place, and I guess I still am; it's only of the only forums I've ever felt at home at. Hi again, Alyssa :)

/completely off topic

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,906 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,900 rep

I know, then I realised I'd lost touch with a lot of people online, so I came back so I can feel less anti-social and possibly make new friends. I used to be in love with this place, and I guess I still am; it's only of the only forums I've ever felt at home at. Hi again, Alyssa http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

/completely off topic

Well, welcome back. :happy:

xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005
  • 160 rep

How is that not a compliment? Maybe it's a bit extreme to call every Asian vagina "loose". Maybe I'm wrong, how many here can fit a Rubik's cube in the vagina?

lol yeah hold on let me go find out

??

rofl.

Damn, you disappeared for a while too http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

apparently we're in the age of reincarnation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users