Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Fashion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5652 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,788 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,946 rep

That's why it's so difficult for me to buy things online. They look so pretty on the models, and then I get them and they barely cover my butt cheeks. :(

The nice thing about asos is that they tell you the dress lengths so you can measure and know exactly where it will hit you.  That's how I was able to buy from them and the length is perfect.

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • revolution girl style now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,782 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 9,104 rep

GET THE RED ONE. Holy shit it's adorable.

I'm still seriously considering that Free People dress. Lord help me. 

isn't it?? i love it. i have a really cute cropped black lace shrug i could wear over it and maybe a black belt so it's not quite so bright (because let's face it, bright colors are sooo not me :P) and black shoes and it'd be perfect. i'd even be wearing american idiot colors :lol: it's 99 dollars which is waaaaaaaay more than i've ever spent on a dress but fuck it. 

That's what I was thinking!  ;)

I can't wear a lot of dresses "normal-sized" girls can because too much of my thigh shows and it ends up looking unintentionally trashy. I have to get creative with the dresses I choose, and I love ones with flowy bottoms and high-low style dresses. (It even says that model is 5' 11" — wow!)

I think this one is a little too long though, even for me!

They're all so cute!!! I honestly like them all but I like the first one the best, but only because I'm small-chested and that cut would look best on me. I can never really do the sweetheart top-type dresses — they make me look even flatter. So, I'm of no help here. Solution: just buy them all. :P

I'm going to a mall tomorrow in Toledo for a bit so hopefully something jumps out at me right away! Otherwise, I have nothing picked out yet! :(

ceadagh likes the first one best too, but he doesn't know what he's talking about lbr :lol: i love that one but i have the opposite problem you do, if i wear something with a neckline that high my boobs just get smushed and it looks weird. plus, since i'm so short and i usually have to go up a size because of being so big chested everything ends up longer on me than it should be. you better post pics as soon as you find something!!!!

ALSO we really need to talk shoes. i want to wear heels but i'm thinking maybe i should go with wedges so they're easier to walk in because i'm awful at walking at the best of times and since we'll all be shitfaced no one will be able to hold me up. i really like these:

MMIKRX9.png

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,264 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,235 rep

Pffft I'm wearing my black combat boots and I don't caaare :P They're so comfy and they've gotten me through two GD concerts already!!

• Dirntbag likes this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,959 rep

The nice thing about asos is that they tell you the dress lengths so you can measure and know exactly where it will hit you.  That's how I was able to buy from them and the length is perfect.

I definitely need to measure a few dresses that fit me right and figure this out!

isn't it?? i love it. i have a really cute cropped black lace shrug i could wear over it and maybe a black belt so it's not quite so bright (because let's face it, bright colors are sooo not me :P) and black shoes and it'd be perfect. i'd even be wearing american idiot colors :lol: it's 99 dollars which is waaaaaaaay more than i've ever spent on a dress but fuck it. 

ceadagh likes the first one best too, but he doesn't know what he's talking about lbr :lol: i love that one but i have the opposite problem you do, if i wear something with a neckline that high my boobs just get smushed and it looks weird. plus, since i'm so short and i usually have to go up a size because of being so big chested everything ends up longer on me than it should be. you better post pics as soon as you find something!!!!

ALSO we really need to talk shoes. i want to wear heels but i'm thinking maybe i should go with wedges so they're easier to walk in because i'm awful at walking at the best of times and since we'll all be shitfaced no one will be able to hold me up. i really like these:

http://i.imgur.com/MMIKRX9.png...

Yeah, I figured since my chest would work with that dress, yours wouldn't. My childhood best friend had a similar body shape to yours, and she had such a bitch of a time trying to find tops that fit her properly. Who do they even make clothes for, anyway? Nothing ever fits right! :(

I also thing wedge heels will be the way to go. I definitely want to wear heels — because fuck it, why not? — but I don't want them to hinder my ability to walk properly, and I also don't want to be in pain. Wedge heels always seem to be most comfortable to me. I wore them to a wedding in August and my feet felt perfectly fine! I just gotta find some I like... hopefully this weekend!

I will post pictures as soon as I have some ideas, I promise! Expect black and a bright, contrasting color and some ridiculous shoes. I seriously give no fucks. :P

Pffft I'm wearing my black combat boots and I don't caaare :P They're so comfy and they've gotten me through two GD concerts already!!

Or boots! Boots are good too. It just depends how cold it is and if I'm wearing tights, too.

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,973 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,953 rep
Hannah I love the second one :lol:

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,794 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 8,001 rep
Alissa, a few of my dresses are from the petite section (as they went on sale first, and generally a lot cheaper anyway) and seeing as I normally have to shop in the tall section, the dresses are TINY short on me. rock it out with a pair of stunning heels & sheer cardigan and boom, instant fabulous :P
the only downside is I need to wear shorts under the dresses, otherwise I will expose myself :lol:

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 31,073 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,900 rep

Went shopping. Found out my new jeans size (and that they still don't sell it anywhere), and I found one pair of jeans that fit well (out of like the 15 that I tried on). The one I got were supposed to have rolled up legs and they were the right length when I unrolled them :lol: They look like normal jeans with unrolled legs though, so fine by me! Also got a really cute sweater and a nice casual/formal cardigan thing that I needed. All on sale with an extra discount code so I only paid €32 for it all :happy:

21guns&novacaine

21guns&novacaine
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2013
  • 27 rep

I usually wear what has some sort of 'security' factor to it, like video game shirts, band shirts, and my favorites: My walking dead t-shirts. But sadly.... Your parents will only let you have so many zombie shirts in your closet. Maybe if I was a boy and it was normal to only wear that stuff, it'd be fine. But apparently I'm obligated to wearing dresses and tank tops and acting like a girl. That's the summer attire, during winter, I'm pretty home free with hiking boots, converse, and skinny jeans.

I want to get a Tomb Raider shirt, from Amazon whenever I get some money, and then I'm gonna raid FYE. I saw a Paramore shirt there last week :ga:

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,557 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,959 rep

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten how to successfully shop. I just can't do it anymore. I tried to look for an induction ceremony outfit last night in a Toledo-area outdoor mall and I only found one dress I moderately liked, but it just didn't fit me right (the waistline was at an unflattering spot since I'm tall, and it just puffed out weird). I literally was told to spend "whatever I wanted" and I didn't spend a fucking dime, so I clearly fail at life. UGH. Now my schedule is going to be crazy and I don't know when I'll have time to go looking again. :(

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,321 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,949 rep

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten how to successfully shop. I just can't do it anymore. I tried to look for an induction ceremony outfit last night in a Toledo-area outdoor mall and I only found one dress I moderately liked, but it just didn't fit me right (the waistline was at an unflattering spot since I'm tall, and it just puffed out weird). I literally was told to spend "whatever I wanted" and I didn't spend a fucking dime, so I clearly fail at life. UGH. Now my schedule is going to be crazy and I don't know when I'll have time to go looking again. :(

Since it's so important to you you were probably just looking too hard. It'll probably be the dress you stumble upon when you least expect to!

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,557 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,959 rep

Since it's so important to you you were probably just looking too hard. It'll probably be the dress you stumble upon when you least expect to!

That's usually how it works, right? :lol:

I think the biggest problem is I just have no idea what to get. I don't have an image in my mind of what I want, necessarily, especially since you can get away with wearing pretty much anything at this event, from what I hear. I've never been a "little black dress" type person because I enjoy bright colors, but at the same time, since this is my last opportunity to dress up for a while, I want to give it a try... with my own colorful accents, of course! The questionable April weather in Ohio isn't helping, either, since I don't know if I should expect to wear tights or not.

This is the dress I kind of liked. I found it at Charlotte Russe. It's cute in the picture but the belt sat too high up on my rib cage, making the bottom puff out awkwardly. It almost made me look pregnant, ugh. The top was super thin, too. I definitely would've had to wear something under it.

Spoiler

I may try to find something similar when I try again in a couple weeks.

Edited by AlissaGoesRAWR, Yesterday, 09:49 PM.

klytaemnestra

klytaemnestra
  • fighter of the nightman

• 16,525 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,725 rep

went on asos earlier and now i have £95 worth of stuff in my basket. oops. gonna have to take some out. :(

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Outlander

• 18,216 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,800 rep
Managed to spend £45 on pretty polly yesterday. Oops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users