Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

The Fashion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5304 replies to this topic

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,428 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,271 rep

Oh wow, they ship to Bermuda FOR FREE??! Thanks for recommending this site guys, I think I'll go on a buying spree  :ninja:

muahahahaha welcome to the dark side.

• Maddy. and Dirntbag like this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 13,598 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,482 rep

I've never ordered anything from ASOS; I'm too nervous about sizing. 

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,919 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,462 rep

I've never ordered anything from ASOS; I'm too nervous about sizing.

I've had no problems with them at all. They usually give you some size dimensions (either with the item or in the size menu). Everything I've bought has fit exactly as I expected. Which is good. And bad. :P
  • Billie Hoe is my hero and Lady Nightlife like this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,428 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,271 rep

The only issue I have is that I ordered a dress that is supposed to nip in at the waist and it doesn't quite nip in enough. I just wear a thin belt though when I wear the dress, it dresses things up and solves the problem.

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,924 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,124 rep

finally got around to going to the outlet mall! american eagle had 40% off the entire store and i had a coupon for $30 off any purchase of at least $135. i got some really nice stuff for winter and saved $117! :D

• Dirntbag likes this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,906 rep

every time I'm reminded that asos.com exists I spend a ton of money.

What the fuck is this? Is it going to ruin my life? Should I click or not? :cry:

• Lady Nightlife likes this

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,125 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,132 rep

Asos is great, though I'm sad there's now a minimum for free shipping.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,962 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,747 rep

Asos got me through uni. Really good for the price - I like the sheer number of sales they do on otherwise more expensive than highstreet brands like Religion. 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,701 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,728 rep

my friend told me the other day she thinks I always dress really well :happy: I make an effort 'cause it makes me feel good but it's nice that other people notice.

Anyway I'm looking for some nice sleeveless shirts now it's getting really hot. Apparently muscle tanks are really popular now? I don't like those very much, too high-necked

• Cat C likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,116 rep

Bought this skirt after seeing it in the H&M window. It was £7.99 full price!!

361434_440x440.jpg

It's quite high-waisted so I bought a couple of long-sleeved crop-tops to go with it - one white, one black. The white one I'll wear with nude heels and the black with some little black ankle boots I've got. Fits really nicely. Cannot get over the price. :lol:

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,596 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,757 rep
I just got a Harry potter slytherin t shirt! There was a gryyfindor (is that spelled right?) one too but it was burgundy and I've two burgundy tops already. The slytherin one is a lovely deep green :happy:
  • Stacie Anne likes this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,920 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,462 rep
The dresses came in the post today!!

tumblr_ne64duY3Bk1tckt9co1_500.jpg

this is all i've ever needed tbh. not a very flattering angle but it's such a cool dress oh man.
  • Billie Hoe is my hero, johndorkian, Dirntbag and 1 other like this

abbieisnotamazing

abbieisnotamazing
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2013
  • 243 rep

I just got a Harry potter slytherin t shirt! There was a gryyfindor (is that spelled right?) one too but it was burgundy and I've two burgundy tops already. The slytherin one is a lovely deep green :happy:

I saw those! I bought the burgundy one with the full hogwarts crest on it. :D

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,110 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,008 rep

Online shopping it is. I love the dress. :)

Spoiler

• Stacie Anne likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 16,051 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,143 rep

where from?! i need a hp tee so bad and i get my allowance in a few days so ima treat myself (again)

Advertising

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 26,017 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,314 rep

Where did you get it from? I know new look and primark occasionally sell them, but last time I checked they didn't even have the jumper I was looking for. damn you quick selling hp things

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,596 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,757 rep
I got it in penneys! Or primark. I'm not sure how long they've been in cause today was my first time in there in a while. There was a hoodie too but I don't wear hoodies!
I'll try and post a pic tomorrow or the day after!
  • johndorkian likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 16,051 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,143 rep

I got it in penneys! Or primark. I'm not sure how long they've been in cause today was my first time in there in a while. There was a hoodie too but I don't wear hoodies!

feck i could have gone into town today and picked one up then but i never. thanks for the heads up though i'll go have a look when i get time!!

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,205 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,107 rep
Primark have amazing long sleeve tops in just now, I've been looking for inexpensive ones for ages. So I bought 4 :lol:

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 26,017 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,314 rep

Was it the maroon hogwarts hoodie? They didn't have it in the primark I went to this month :( Might go to another one if I can be bothered

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,810 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,352 rep

speaking of Primark/Penny's, has anyone noticed a massive shift in their sizing? i bought a load of t-shirts a couple months back, mainly Harry Potter, Marvel & Disney ones. i bought them in my usual size 10, but when i tried them on at home, they were huge. like size 14 huge on me. and because i didn't think to try them on before cutting the tags off, i couldn't return them. but that's been the case with everything there for me lately. it's as if their sizes have grown by two, which is stupid as hell & i have my ideas as to why they did it which annoys me more but AGH just leave sizes alone alright stop making shit awkward you bastards

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,701 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,728 rep

Not Primark, but Cotton On has been having weird size problems with their shorts. I bought a pair about a month back and fit into a size 6. Went back a week later and tried on another pair of the same shorts and I couldn't get a size 8 past my hips!

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 26,017 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,314 rep

speaking of Primark/Penny's, has anyone noticed a massive shift in their sizing? i bought a load of t-shirts a couple months back, mainly Harry Potter, Marvel & Disney ones. i bought them in my usual size 10, but when i tried them on at home, they were huge. like size 14 huge on me. and because i didn't think to try them on before cutting the tags off, i couldn't return them. but that's been the case with everything there for me lately. it's as if their sizes have grown by two, which is stupid as hell & i have my ideas as to why they did it which annoys me more but AGH just leave sizes alone alright stop making shit awkward you bastards

I don't understand UK sizes in the first place (is 8 or 10 a small? or 6? It changes depending on the store..) but yeah, I noticed this too. I'm normally a 34/36 (XS/S I guess) and the Gryffindor tee I have from primark is a size 6, a 32/XXS! Like what the hell. that's not right :lol:

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,908 rep

I'm going away to an MUN conference today and my step-sister lent me a really nice blazer. I got some trousers yesterday (they were $90, damn) and I'm now realizing that I might have a pretty good-sized wardrobe, but I have no nice clothes. I basically have t-shirts and shorts and that's it; a few dresses here and there that I wear for special stuff. Maybe I should step it up and not go in a t-shirt everywhere :P 

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,125 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,132 rep

Yeah I bought some tights from Primark the other day, which is about the only thing I find them good for, I'm normally a S/M but they were ridiculously short. So yeah they've definitely done something to their sizes. Oh well, just another reason not to buy their crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users