Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Fashion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5156 replies to this topic

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,946 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,271 rep

got this dress for my birthday
http://www.citybeach.com.au/wcsstore7.00...

well, it's not my birthday yet so I'm not wearing it until then. But I picked it out today! Now i just need to figure out shoes to wear with it

This is such a cool dress! Love it :happy:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,148 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,454 rep

This is such a cool dress! Love it :happy:

Love it!

It really is nice! The shoulders and waist feel really big though so I might have to go a size down =/

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,578 rep

So I got a mini skirt today... it's cool. Kind of risque... or something, for me at least. It's denim and black.

Spoiler

Also got a nice dress which you're expected not to wear a bra with and it actually had boob support! It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Spoiler

• Hermione and Emilie. like this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,148 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,454 rep

So I got a mini skirt today... it's cool. Kind of risque... or something, for me at least. It's denim and black.

Also got a nice dress which you're expected not to wear a bra with and it actually had boob support! It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

that dress is so nice! I love the fabric of its skirt

• Dirntbag likes this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,531 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,645 rep
My mom used to make me wear what I fondly called "stovepipe jeans". They were high waisted and had straight legs and were so stiff it felt like wearing iron stovepipes.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,079 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,061 rep
I treated myself today and got a dark brown leather jacket with a furry collar :happy: if I can find it online I'll post a pic later.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,282 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,098 rep

UGH.  I have to wear sheer pantyhose this week for an interview.  Cannot remember the last time I've done that.  (Tights are not the same.  Those I love!  But it's still a bit too warm for them.)

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,896 rep

Haven't even booked NYC yet and I've already got my outfit planned out. Going to buy one of these coats:

LQU0511BK11-Back-892Wx844H_1.jpg

With a black polo neck underneath, a thin scarf peeping out of the top, some really dark skinny jeans and knee high black leather boots. I've seen the same coat in Jack Wills for about £30 less than that one, so I'll try them both on before making a decision (though this one looks more fitted and I'd prefer that style). Outfit planned before the trip. Embarrassing. :P

• Dirntbag likes this

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,851 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 896 rep

17 days until I go to London. Definitely looking forward to all the shopping.  :happy:

• Stacie Anne likes this

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,338 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,036 rep

17 days until I go to London. Definitely looking forward to all the shopping.  :happy:

i've always wanted to go to London for a week and just do days upon days of shopping, full on Pretty Woman style bags all up the arms ugh i hope you have fun!!

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,851 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 896 rep

i've always wanted to go to London for a week and just do days upon days of shopping, full on Pretty Woman style bags all up the arms ugh i hope you have fun!!

All the stores they have there, it's insane. So much stuff we don't have here. Thank you, I will. :D

penbreaker

penbreaker
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined May 30, 2013
  • 0 rep

Hey,

Guys and girls. I am big GD fan since I remember and naw it's time to refresh my wardrobe. I always liked BJ clothes style but problem is I can't find think even similar to this one with he wears.

Naw big please to You brothers and sisters. Could You help me find clothes similar to this with one BJ wears. I like this one from Uno, Dos, Tre and 99 revolution Tour Era.

Thanks alot.

Unfortunately I have no damn idea how to post photo so If anyone can help with that I will be thankfull.

abbieisnotamazing

abbieisnotamazing
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2013
  • 221 rep

doesn't it get like super itchy/in the way/hot/annoying??

Eh, at times.

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,896 rep

Hey,

Guys and girls. I am big GD fan since I remember and naw it's time to refresh my wardrobe. I always liked BJ clothes style but problem is I can't find think even similar to this one with he wears.

Naw big please to You brothers and sisters. Could You help me find clothes similar to this with one BJ wears. I like this one from Uno, Dos, Tre and 99 revolution Tour Era.

Thanks alot.

Unfortunately I have no damn idea how to post photo so If anyone can help with that I will be thankfull.

BJA will have his tour clothes custom made. Anything with "X" painted on it or Uno/Dos/Tre badges will be tailored especially for him. I think though, that the reason he looks so great in what he wears is that A) he has a professional stylist and B) they're picked to suit his shape and style. If you want to dress similarly, then I'd go for any normal black shirts, band t-shirts, baseball tops and anything worn-out and stripy. For trousers anything skinny will do. Saying that, I'd never recommend trying to dress like a celebrity because they'll be shown what to wear based on their specific image and body type, so it doesn't suit everyone. Dress for yourself and not to look like him and you'll end up looking better.

• penbreaker likes this

penbreaker

penbreaker
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined May 30, 2013
  • 0 rep

BJA will have his tour clothes custom made. Anything with "X" painted on it or Uno/Dos/Tre badges will be tailored especially for him. I think though, that the reason he looks so great in what he wears is that A) he has a professional stylist and B) they're picked to suit his shape and style. If you want to dress similarly, then I'd go for any normal black shirts, band t-shirts, baseball tops and anything worn-out and stripy. For trousers anything skinny will do. Saying that, I'd never recommend trying to dress like a celebrity because they'll be shown what to wear based on their specific image and body type, so it doesn't suit everyone. Dress for yourself and not to look like him and you'll end up looking better.

It's true I never wanted looks like exacly like him cuz It would be strange. I suposed that he also go his own tailor. Anyway I found some similar cloaths and I will make stripes by myself I thing that should work. thx for reply.

Edited by penbreaker, 10 September 2014 - 03:07 AM.

Advertising

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,851 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 896 rep

Definitely getting these, when I get my salary. :D

xlf886.jpg

• She-Loves-Him, Disapperingirl and insomniacc like this

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,919 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,939 rep

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and I'm a bit clueless on what to wear. I had a nice dress all picked out, but then it snowed this week and got kind of cold so I don't think I'll be able to wear the dress anymore considering it's an all-outdoor wedding. I have a lot of nice shirts but as for pants, I'm not sure what to wear. The only "nice" pants I have are black, and I know black is usually a no-no at a wedding but if I wear a light coloured, flower-print sleeveless shirt would that be okay? 

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,851 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 896 rep

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and I'm a bit clueless on what to wear. I had a nice dress all picked out, but then it snowed this week and got kind of cold so I don't think I'll be able to wear the dress anymore considering it's an all-outdoor wedding. I have a lot of nice shirts but as for pants, I'm not sure what to wear. The only "nice" pants I have are black, and I know black is usually a no-no at a wedding but if I wear a light coloured, flower-print sleeveless shirt would that be okay? 

First of all, what does the invitation say about dresscode? Have to talked to some of the other guests about what they're going to wear? That can probably help you out, and give you some ideas.  :)

If it's an all outdoor weeding, they should have some kinds of warm lamps that they have at restaurants or whatever it's called. If you were planing on using a long dress, maybe you can you use a blazer, bolero or shawls over to keep worm? I totally get your concern, it's not fun to be cold during the entire wedding, I'm all for wearing dresses at weddings, if that's not an option you can wear a pants suit of some kind. If you wear a pants suit, I would definitely go for black or a similar color, just not white or red. I've seen people look amazing in them at weddings, and no one reacted at the color. But I guess that can depend from wedding to wedding. You can make it look less "office-ish", by using some great heels, jewelry and do something cool with your hair.

Hope you have fun. :)

• Lindsay likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• 13,265 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,307 rep
Yeah Lindsay I think wearing black pants is fine.. Pants is different from an entire black funeralesque outfit :P
  • Billie Hoe is my hero likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,282 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,098 rep
Linds, since it's outdoors and cold, can't you just layer up over the dress you wanted to wear and peel it all off when you get indoors? They're sure to have a coat room so you could even wear warm boots if you need to and bring your shoes in a carry-all and check that too.

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,919 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,939 rep

Linds, since it's outdoors and cold, can't you just layer up over the dress you wanted to wear and peel it all off when you get indoors? They're sure to have a coat room so you could even wear warm boots if you need to and bring your shoes in a carry-all and check that too.

That's the problem, literally the entire wedding is outside (ceremony, reception, ect) so I doubt they'll have anything like that. :P I've decided just to go with my black pants and a nice shirt with a cardigan to keep warm, I'm pretty sure everyone else will be dressed fairly similar. 

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 22,282 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,098 rep

That's the problem, literally the entire wedding is outside (ceremony, reception, ect) so I doubt they'll have anything like that. :P I've decided just to go with my black pants and a nice shirt with a cardigan to keep warm, I'm pretty sure everyone else will be dressed fairly similar.

Sounds fine. But I'd be really surprised if they didn't have some kind of indoor space for people to gather considering the weather. Either way, have fun! :)

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,543 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,252 rep

I've had the same style for a really long time - either professional, or dialed-down professional for casual settings, or just "idgaf" band t-shirts and jeans for when I don't feel like dressing up. I'd really like to try more of a laid-back, indie/bohemian style because it looks SO COMFORTABLE while also being cute. Can someone recommend some staple pieces that I definitely need to have to pull off the look? 

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,706 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,232 rep

I've had the same style for a really long time - either professional, or dialed-down professional for casual settings, or just "idgaf" band t-shirts and jeans for when I don't feel like dressing up. I'd really like to try more of a laid-back, indie/bohemian style because it looks SO COMFORTABLE while also being cute. Can someone recommend some staple pieces that I definitely need to have to pull off the look? 

enough plaid shirts for every day of the year

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,079 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,061 rep

This is the leather jacket I got last week:

http://www.newlook.c...acket_313943727

I'm totally obsessed with it :lol: it's just so perfect to shove on before running out the house and makes my outfits look so much better than just wearing a hoodie (like I usually would :P )

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,397 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,646 rep
Urgh, I'm sick of everything I own :lol: should have treated myself to a shopping spree when I could! I'm definitely going to get a few basic tops though. I have a lovely grey cardigan but unless I wear long sleeves under it I find it itchy :( so I need something for that at least..

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,336 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,759 rep

i want something new to wear on my birthday 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users